PDA

View Full Version : Custom Calendar - Help offsetting the start date?

Hesterry
January 29th, 2017, 01:06
Hello! I've made a simple, customized Gregorian calendar for my setting. One problem though... I was previously using a spreadsheet as a calendar, and the one I've made in Fantasy Grounds doesn't line up date wise.

For example, the first day of the year on my original calendar is a Friday, whereas in Fantasy Grounds it's a Monday. Is there an easy way to set an offset in the .mod file to fix this? I'd rather not have to ret-con things to make it line up :p Any help would be much appreciated!

Andraax
January 29th, 2017, 03:54
Not easy, but a customized calendar would work. I can build that for you if you want me to; I'd need the specifics you want it to line up with.

Hesterry
January 29th, 2017, 04:07
I appreciate the help! Simply put, it's just a standard Gregorian calendar, except I'd like the year 1359 to begin on Friday instead of Monday. If you can show me how to do that, I can handle the rest.

Andraax
January 29th, 2017, 13:11
With or without the Gregorian calendar reforms? That might be your problem - the current calculations extend the Gregorian calendar reforms backward to before their implementation in 1582(?).

Hesterry
January 29th, 2017, 20:06
I assume with. I literally just copied and pasted the default gregorian calendar and renamed everything.

Andraax
January 29th, 2017, 22:04
Here you go. Drop into your extensions folder, select it with your campaign, and your years should be how you want them.

Hesterry
January 29th, 2017, 22:07
Thank you so much! You've saved me hours of work :)