PDA

View Full Version : Re: v3.2.x - Issues/Problems after updating. Random script errors, etc..

galnewinhaw
January 28th, 2017, 21:55
I couldn't post in the stickied thread because it's closed, but a warning to anyone else trying to troubleshoot update issues on Linux:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

I was getting the wrong FG version number in my launcher after updating (3.2.0), so went through the steps in that thread, and finally:

"A quick check is to open this directory and double-click on FantasyGrounds.exe to run the file - if it still shows the wrong version number then delete this file and run an update. Check that a new FantasyGrounds.exe file is downloaded, double-click on this to run."

I delete my FantasyGrounds.exe, but it never came back after updating. When I recovered my exe from the recycle bin, it no longer picked up my campaigns. Now I appear to be screwed, So, careful following this advice.

Trenloe
January 29th, 2017, 00:58
I think you have a more fundamental issue than what that thread was trying to fix. If you can't update and get the most recent Fantasy Grounds.exe then not deleting an old one isn't going to fix your issue. The fact that you can't get to your campaigns is not due to deleting that executable. I think you need to investigate your exact Linux setup more thoroughly to make sure that an update can successfully download the most recent files, that the FG settings (application and data) point to accessible (and writable) locations, etc..

galnewinhaw
January 29th, 2017, 06:59
I've been using FG for about 6 months, updating constantly and no problems until now. Plus, that's exactly what the help item was describing a fix for, the updater not updating the exe, wasn't it?

damned
January 29th, 2017, 11:20
Hi galnewinhaw you should be able to copy the data out of the wineskin and back it back into a new one. I would try that next.