PDA

View Full Version : How to import an existing campaign into a new install of FG?

galnewinhaw
January 28th, 2017, 21:27
I'm trying to recover FG that was broken on an update (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36362-PlayOnLinux-FG-v3-2-2-3-2-0-error)

I've reinstalled FG, and it appears to be working good (3.2.2).

Now... How do I get my campaign to show up in the list of campaigns? I've pasted the campaign folder, into the campaign directory of FG (Application Data/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns) but it doesn't show up when I run fantasy grounds.

I tried to create a new campaign (so I could just replace the folders), but that new campaign doesn't appear in the campaign directory (Application Data/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns)

Do campaigns save/load from a new location now? I see the default campaigns here (5e sample campaign, A Tale of Dinor... etc)

Thanks!

galnewinhaw
January 28th, 2017, 21:34
I searched my entire drive for the name of my new test campaign "TJD" and it doest even appear. Yet when I load FG, it's there! What's going on? How do I find it?

Wookiee420
January 28th, 2017, 22:10
your FG folders are hidden, go into main pc drive, unhide files, go to User, then your name, the appdata, then roaming, then fantasy grounds....thats where the files go if its not there i dont know how to help you :( also there is a folder button in the upper right corner of the launcher that will take you to the folders, i do not think that will work with this exact situation because it might take you to your current FG not the one you replaced......also it is very possible when you got rid of the program it got rid of the files too

Zacchaeus
January 28th, 2017, 22:58
Indeed, it sounds like you need to check where your reinstallation put the data files. As noted above click the folder icon to find out where FG put the data files. If it's not where it was previously (AppData/roaming/FG) then make sure that the data directory is pointing to where you want it to be in settings and run an update.

damned
January 29th, 2017, 11:48
galnewinhaw is using a linux version and wineskin.
You will need to navigate the wineskinnery and dig into that to locate your campaign.

Szabtom
January 30th, 2017, 19:15
On Windows there is a button in the top right corner of the start-up splash screen that opens the FG app data folder