PDA

View Full Version : Can't Export Notes?

JHale1966
January 28th, 2017, 17:08
I was really hoping I could build a Campaign to use as sort of a 'GM Screen' which would contain Notes and other other information that I use for all my games, Export it as a Module and then open it in whatever scenario I happen to be running but it doesn't seem that Notes is an option to export?

Andraax
January 28th, 2017, 17:10
Put your notes into story entries and export them. Notes are really for players to use.

JHale1966
January 28th, 2017, 17:11
Ohhhhhh and create a category called GM or something? Will categories export as well?

Andraax
January 28th, 2017, 17:12
By default, story entries will appear under the module name. But if you create a group, it will appear under that group name (but if you have two modules with the same group, they will merge...).

Targas
January 28th, 2017, 17:34
Put your GM Notes in your GM Calendar - it will give you a journal with dates as well. Ask the players not to use notes, but use their character sheet log tab, under adventure where you can create journals as well and can keep track of awarded xp, gold, downtime, reknown, magic items and stuff, too.

LordEntrails
January 29th, 2017, 04:10
Players don't see object (Story) groups. So they will never know they are there unless you you either share the entire module with them or the individual Story entry.

Have you checked out either Zeus' tutorial video on module creation or the best practices guide here in the Workshop forum?