PDA

View Full Version : 10 Hour Sale 50% Off!

Talyn
January 27th, 2017, 17:17
Just under 7 hours left but the Trolls are running a 50% off sale using the code SHADOW50 today on the TLG Store (https://www.trolllord.com/tlgstore/).

Mortar
January 27th, 2017, 20:01
I was actually able to take advantage of this sale :bandit:

Talyn
January 27th, 2017, 20:03
Me too, I got the dead tree edition of the CKG. :p

Mortar
January 27th, 2017, 20:36
First purchase of physical games books in a very long time for me. PHB, CKG and then some.

It's all the fault of damned and JohnD

Talyn
January 27th, 2017, 20:39
No doubt. I'd never even heard of C&C until those two rolled up. Now I've spent a lot of money on it! LOL

Mortar
January 27th, 2017, 23:00
Exactly!!

damned
January 28th, 2017, 00:02
No doubt. I'd never even heard of C&C until those two rolled up. Now I've spent a lot of money on it! LOL

Without getting into semantics... youd never heard of C&C until you rolled up.

Mortar
January 28th, 2017, 00:26
Without getting into semantics... youd never heard of C&C until you rolled up.

Still your fault

Varsuuk
January 29th, 2017, 22:36
Hey, question - I hear you are working on redoing U1 (and others maybe) - I picked up U1 among others during the sale (was better 1 day sale at RPG day before but I waited since TLG folks told me was a sale Fri or Mon, and like with SW - prefer to get from the source for more cash to development ratio)

Does the current U1 "work" fine with 3.2.2? I assume yes and you are just improving it with reference section etc.
I'm interested in buying it, prob in near future as I may start to try to DM with a local friend the A series which I already bought in both formats. I think I may wish to place it as a place to hit during travels.

Btw - anyone have a clue where it may "belong" in Airhde if someone was to put it there? I'm not constrained by that but knowing might give me ideas to fly with. I own the whole Codex of Airdhe and Darken as well as After Winters in PDFs but haven't yet gone through them. Just really finished the core books thusfar. Am about to start reading modules next weekend to see how best to start. Kept hoping to get in a C&C playing one or more of the ones I bought to see it FIRST as a player before I read them but my time and scheduled games with space for me never met :(

At least I am in a fun group of players for 5E play :)

Talyn
January 29th, 2017, 22:54
Yes, the U1 remaster is probably "finished" I just haven't decided whether I want to put the whole playable bit of the adventure into the reference manual like I did with The Outpost and Jericho Rose or if I'll just leave the playable bits in Story only, and reference bits in the manual. Otherwise, one of the main reasons for the remaster is the one in the store is from like... 2009 or something. Pre-SmiteWorks and it doesn't have any of the features FG now supports.

As for Aihrde, I'd have to look again at all the U-series but I don't think so. U is for Universal and they wanted standalone adventures any GM could drop into a campaign at any (level appropriate) place.

Mortar
January 30th, 2017, 00:00
At the risk of annoying some people :p both JohnD and damned run a pretty good C&C game. I haven't been in games run by Andraxx but I have been told he runs a good game too.

The rules books themselves (PHB, CKG, etc) are in serious need of a re-organization and an update. From the perspective of the Best Practices guidelines that SmiteWorks laid out with the 3.2.0 release they are an absolute mess. I'm pretty sure if one of the community devs submitted something that looks like they do now, we'd be told to sort it out pretty quick

Varsuuk
January 30th, 2017, 02:11
Yes, the U1 remaster is probably "finished" I just haven't decided whether I want to put the whole playable bit of the adventure into the reference manual like I did with The Outpost and Jericho Rose or if I'll just leave the playable bits in Story only, and reference bits in the manual. Otherwise, one of the main reasons for the remaster is the one in the store is from like... 2009 or something. Pre-SmiteWorks and it doesn't have any of the features FG now supports.

As for Aihrde, I'd have to look again at all the U-series but I don't think so. U is for Universal and they wanted standalone adventures any GM could drop into a campaign at any (level appropriate) place.

Thanks - I'll place it somewhere near either the A0+ or C1 adventure areas depending on which gets used first.

I'll wait on the new U1, I'll be one of your first customers then :)

Talyn
January 30th, 2017, 14:55
The rules books themselves (PHB, CKG, etc) are in serious need of a re-organization and an update. From the perspective of the Best Practices guidelines that SmiteWorks laid out with the 3.2.0 release they are an absolute mess. I'm pretty sure if one of the community devs submitted something that looks like they do now, we'd be told to sort it out pretty quick

I would think so but I dunno based purely on screenshots it seems Library-only DLC is still being produced. I sure as hell won't buy it. That may have sufficed in 2009 but I'm no longer paying for a quick copy/paste job. If I see the conversion dev put some work into it, I'm happy to compensate for that work.

Varsuuk
February 1st, 2017, 05:03
Looks like After Winter's Dark hit the store.

Is this a "reference section" only work? I have the PDF but like the Codex of Airdhe, I haven't gotten to reading it yet.

Talyn
February 1st, 2017, 11:38
My remaster shouldn't be in the store yet, James found one single bug that got by me. But yes, it's reference only, no rules or tables.

Talyn
February 1st, 2017, 12:32
And yet... there it is lol! Either way I'll be submitting a patch tonight.

JohnD
February 1st, 2017, 13:44
I got that as well but when I did the update (button was red), nothing actually was downloaded.

Talyn
February 1st, 2017, 22:21
Fixed version was just submitted so whenever James gets back around to it...

Varsuuk
February 2nd, 2017, 01:05
U1 then :)

I already bought Winter's in PDF and as it is reference, I can read it there.

Talyn
February 2nd, 2017, 01:11
Only reason I remastered it (and did a very nice job of it if I do say so myself) is the old one in the store from the pre-SmiteWorks days (back when only black & white network TV existed, donchaknow!) was a goddamn mess, to put it nicely. :) But it sure is a lot of reading...

I promise I'll get myself re-motivated to finish up U1! Haven't touched it in a couple months maybe and in the past two days I've already found a couple things I had to tweak LOL.

vodokar
February 2nd, 2017, 06:12
Please check out my first module when it comes out. I assure you, it wasn't a dirty copy and paste job. I spent two and a half weeks of hard work converting it (granted that part of that time was spent learning). But, I attempted to set the bar very high for standard of quality and usefulness. Hope people enjoy -- if it ever comes out; Smiteworks never even acknowledged they received it.