PDA

View Full Version : LFP: FG/5e Tutorial,Walk-Ins Welcome (Weeknights: 7pm-12am)

Dracius
January 27th, 2017, 06:38
FG License: I only have the Standard license, so you'll need the same. If you only have the the demo please post anyway. If enough demo users show interest then I'll upgrade to Ultimate.
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: PST, USA
Day of week and time: Tue/Thur @ 730
Planned start date: 2/2/17
Planned Duration & Frequency: 1-2hour session depending on knowledge level of group and topics covered, will occur on an "as-needed" basis.

Text or Voice: Voice.
Voice software used: TeamSpeak
-If you haven't done so already, please read this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Roleplay & Combat mix: N/A, although combat will be involved
Number of Players in game & needed: Minimum 1 player, Maximum 6. No limit if just observing.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, point buy (27pt)
Character restrictions: Any printed material (PHB/DMG/SCAG/EEPC/VOLOS)

Details of your scenario: I've had too much spare time lately and nothing to do with it, so I'm offering up my services as a trainer to help teach players the rules of 5e and how to use Fantasy Grounds. I'm available for both planned sessions and impromptu tutorials. If you know a date/time that you'll be available during the hours above just let me know and I can provide something scheduled and slightly more organized, or just go ahead and hop on TS whenever.

Typical Topics Covered:

FG UI Overview
Character Creation
Actions Tab and effects creation
Combat Tracker and playing on a grid
Party Window
Tips, tricks, and work-arounds

I ask that anyone who joins be polite and respectful. I run a pretty relaxed game and music is provided to help establish atmosphere. I'm trying to work on my ad-lib and impromptu content creation skills, so if you're looking for something particular just let me know. I might also be opening up my regular Monday night campaign to 1 or 2 additional players (Homebrew lvl.5). Even though this is still just a tutorial I both welcome and encourage RP.

What I'm good at: Automation, effects, encounters, combat and a thorough understanding of FG/5e.
What I'm working on improving: Creating descriptive narratives. I'm not exactly an author or a famous voice actor, I'm an analyst. :p That doesn't mean I won't at least try though! Just depends on what level of drunkeness I've achieved for the evening.

damned
January 27th, 2017, 06:48
Nice one Dracius. If you are comfortable with doing so you might record some of the sessions so that people can watch them if they cant make a session.

tjrez
January 27th, 2017, 11:32
I would like to join . I'm trying to learn to operate fg. Any help will be good. I only have a demo license but will be upgrading next week.

Secluse
January 28th, 2017, 14:57
I am interested - I have a standard license and I'm looking to learn the basics of the program. Will you cover any DM type activities?

SwadeJaansun
January 28th, 2017, 15:32
Id love to join and see waht happens

Dracius
January 28th, 2017, 19:30
I can cover DM perspective, and even let you host a session and walk you through the DM tools.
I'll be online in an hour or so, then should be free Tuesday night for a mini session/tutorial

Helvan Raptyr
January 28th, 2017, 19:37
I would like to take part in this. Fairly new to both things, so I'd take all the help I can get. (Running paid version).

Dracius
January 28th, 2017, 22:40
Game is currently up and open to players as of 2:45pm (PST), Saturday (1/28)
Game ID: cold roll dark roll
PW: libris
TS Channel: Silent Reign
PW: libris

I'll be online for a bit setting up templates and encounters.

SwadeJaansun
January 29th, 2017, 00:37
tRIED tS WOULDN'T LET ME IN

Dracius
January 29th, 2017, 02:59
The channel or the server?
The info posted above is to connect to the game. I'm using the community TS server and I hang out in the LFG channel.

Helvan Raptyr
January 30th, 2017, 07:04
If you're still needing another by Wednesday night I should be there. Restricted by work and GMT timezone (plus my manager is off so I'm covering more hours). But Weds/Thurs/Fri I should be able to join the TS and jump in-game and learn, if it's running.

Hodor
February 1st, 2017, 12:20
Hi Dracius, I've got a few days off work for Chinese New Year and would love to learn the basics of Fantasy Grounds with your help! I'm pretty much new to D&D in general my only experience is with D&D video games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale etc), but I know them well! I also watch Critical Role now and again.

Will you be running a game later this evening? If so, I'd love to join in :)

7pm PST is 11am for me in China and I will be available all day.

Dracius
February 2nd, 2017, 06:52
Sorry I haven't been on in the past few days.
Fri/Sat/Sun I typically won't be on, Monday is the night I run my regular campaign.

I had one up briefly Tue. Will get another one hosted Tomorrow night and post here once it's up.

Helvan Raptyr
February 2nd, 2017, 13:45
I've jumped in the TS a couple of times but no one has been there. What about tonight (Thursday 2nd), will there be anything? Just wondering if it's worthwhile me checking. As I have to be awake from 3am onwards, and as much as I'd love to give it a go, it might interfere with my work if I am too knackered on certain days.

Dracius
February 2nd, 2017, 17:42
I'll be online tonight at 7pm pst with a game up.

If I'm not in the LFG channel check the Silent Reign channel further down in 5e.

I'll probably get on the community discord server too

Helvan Raptyr
February 2nd, 2017, 17:51
I'll see if I can get on then. Just been experimenting with creating some characters for when I actually do a session.

RedShadow2099
February 2nd, 2017, 19:32
I would like to join tonight if at all possible. I've bought the game and modules but haven't been able to get a game in due to scheduling conflicts with time zone and work. Never played DnD before but have a good grasp of the rules and have been listening to streamed sessions. Really would like to learn the software as well.

Dracius
February 3rd, 2017, 03:36
Have to postpone at least an hour. Still at the office

Howell Family
February 3rd, 2017, 19:23
I think what you're doing is great. If you're able to run one of these next Tues/Thursday please let me know. I'd love to join.

Dracius
February 11th, 2017, 05:40
I know it's late notice but I'm online now anyone wants a free tutorial.

I'm on the TeamSpeak and Discord servers and I'll be online for a while working on my campaign but can take a break to run a few people through a quick session if they're interested.

Dracius
February 18th, 2017, 22:10
Tutorial game is currently back up.

I'm on Discord/Teamspeak. Soon as 2 or 3 people join I can start it up.

Dracius
February 18th, 2017, 22:38
Game has started.

Walk-ins welcome.