PDA

View Full Version : Script Error Help

joshuaberkey
January 26th, 2017, 23:58
All my files, maps, everything aren't showing up in Fantasy grounds as of today.
They were working fine the previous week when I ran my game, but today all I get is the following error for every window I try to open except the Library:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:688: attempt to call field 'setDefaultChildCategory' (a nil value)

Not only do I get that error, but there is nothing in any of the categories: Stories, Notes: NPC's, Encounters, etc. etc. Any time I open them, I get that error and a window for the category with nothing in it in any of the sections.

I've made sure I'm updated to the current version via the launcher, I've made sure my folders are all pointed to the right place, double checked my user name and account/password were correct. I'm running a single instance of the program on a single machine.

Any thoughts?

damned
January 27th, 2017, 00:11
What versions does it show you as running?
What extensions have you got loaded?

Trenloe
January 27th, 2017, 00:16
Check the most common causes of script errors here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

joshuaberkey
January 28th, 2017, 01:19
I have version 3.2.2 right now, and I've disable and removed all extension from the extension folder.
Still getting the error above, whenever I try to open a window. And the windows are still empty when they do open.

damned
January 28th, 2017, 01:40
I have version 3.2.2 right now, and I've disable and removed all extension from the extension folder.
Still getting the error above, whenever I try to open a window. And the windows are still empty when they do open.

What ruleset is this happening in?
Does it happen in a new campaign?

joshuaberkey
January 28th, 2017, 01:43
D&D 5E rule set. Campaign I have been running for a while.
Nothing changed in the campaign folder either. Worked fine the week before, went to load it up this week without having touched it in the interim.

I deleted and reinstalled FG and things are working now, but Id still like to know what the error was so I can try and keep it form repeating.
Doesn't the error code 688 mean anything?

damned
January 28th, 2017, 01:50
D&D 5E rule set. Campaign I have been running for a while.
Nothing changed in the campaign folder either. Worked fine the week before, went to load it up this week without having touched it in the interim.

I deleted and reinstalled FG and things are working now, but Id still like to know what the error was so I can try and keep it form repeating.
Doesn't the error code 688 mean anything?

It references line 688 in file campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua
Some component on your system didnt update properly.
The re-install fixed it.