PDA

View Full Version : Adding pips???

mhorgunn
January 26th, 2017, 18:56
So a new wrinkle to learn ... In 5e D&D on the actions page you can add weapons and effects that are related to actions. This is all pretty new to me. Is there a way to add a counter? You know like spell level or ammo pips? Can you add it directly or do you have to have it as another entry. For example, I want to make a healers medical kit for use of those with medical skill only. A certain number of uses. So you put it in the heal ... but how do put in the charges? Or with the barbarian's rage ... so you can keep track?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
January 26th, 2017, 19:09
A good example of how to add a number of uses can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Powers).

mhorgunn
January 29th, 2017, 12:46
A good example of how to add a number of uses can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Powers).

Good Sir,
From the bottom of the hearts of myself and all three of my players we thank you. There is now a hero's statue built in your honor. The direction you sent me led us to solve so many problems we were struggling with. The last game we played went so well ... it seemed magical.

I am embarrassed to ask to seem such a fool ... and hopefully it is something from the updates concerning the standard/preparation/combat button. How long has that been there? I don't know how myself or my players didn't discover it. <sigh> Oh well. As the animator, Richard Williams says, "You don't know what you don't know." And the important thing is to learn.

Again thank you! I still could not figure out a way to make pips to keep track of the healing kit. I relabeled a bow as a healing kit for the player but it is in the weapon category. Still it works.

damned
January 29th, 2017, 12:58
mhorgunn there is so many things and so many ways of using FG that probably none of us will ever know them all.

mhorgunn
January 29th, 2017, 13:30
mhorgunn there is so many things and so many ways of using FG that probably none of us will ever know them all.

Yes... but that one button is so ... empowering. It to me is the equivalent of learning to create fire rather than find it. I am truly grateful.

Zacchaeus
January 29th, 2017, 16:21
For the healing kit just work it the same as the Ki points example that I pointed you too. There's no automation for this kind of thing in the actions tab; the player has to mark them off themselves. However for things like Ki points and other counters that can be recovered on short or long rests the pips do come back. Additionally when they are all used up the power disappears from the actions tab.

Spin-Man
January 31st, 2017, 00:11
This is a great tool! I was wondering how to track uses of Cleric domain powers, so I will just make a Channel Divinity category and put the two abilities in there.