PDA

View Full Version : Connection Test Failure

D0C70RF4U57
January 26th, 2017, 01:28
After playing my first game on Fantasy Grounds recently I am wanting to setup my own campaign however I can't seem to succeed a connection test.

My setup is fiber to some network interface device I don't have access to to cheap NETGEAR Router then wireless to my computer
I have set a static IP outside the DHCP scope of my router so I can make sure to keep that IP on my device.
Port 1802 is forwarded to IP of my device.
Fantasy Grounds and Fantasy Grounds Updater are allowed access through Windows Firewall.
Router and computer have been restarted since changing any/all of the above and all of the above were checked and currently in effect.

Sorry for yet another connection failure post but I really want to try running a game and seem to be stuck.

Oh also, is there a hotkey to un-fullscreen FG while it is running in a campaign and fullscreen?

LordEntrails
January 26th, 2017, 01:41

Oh also, is there a hotkey to un-fullscreen FG while it is running in a campaign and fullscreen?
Right mouse on the background and select the restore option.

damned
January 26th, 2017, 02:12
Welcome D0C70RF4U57

Please post a screenshot of your portforward settins and also of a tracert 8.8.8.8 command.

D0C70RF4U57
January 26th, 2017, 02:48
Welcome D0C70RF4U57

Please post a screenshot of your portforward settins and also of a tracert 8.8.8.8 command.

damned
January 26th, 2017, 02:57
Ok there is a really good chance that your router is getting NAT'd again by the provider.
Have a look at your routers WAN Ip address - its most likely a 172.27.208.x address and this wont work for inbound NAT.

Please just confirm that the Netgear is the WiFi AaccessPoint as well?

You can call the ISP and tell them you need to be able to do port forwarding to run a game and can they change your configuration.
Ask enough and of the right person and sometimes it can happen - often it cant.

If you cant get the ISP to change then you should look at Hamachi - you and all your players will install Hamachi (its very simple and just make sure you turn it off when you finish the game), or you might need a VPN that allows port forwarding and if you are technical Ive posted instructions on how to build one yourself for $10/year.

D0C70RF4U57
January 26th, 2017, 03:03
Routers WAN Ip is as you described and that router is my wireless acesss point

damned
January 26th, 2017, 03:09
Unfortunately this game engine requires that you have an accessible public IP address to be the GM - or you need one of those workarounds.
Its very likely that FGU wont have this restriction and will also support IPv6 but that is not yet ready for release.

Hamachi really is easy. See instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi
And here is the build your own VPN instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1mxkdubn8kt46k/Fantasy%20Grounds%20VPN%20Server%20Setup%20-%20draft.docx?dl=0