PDA

View Full Version : Any Recomendations for addons or extentions

PatrickDenton
January 25th, 2017, 19:55
I am new to fantasy grounds, what addons or extensions would you recommend for 5th edition dnd that are free for easier game play or more features thanks

Trenloe
January 25th, 2017, 19:59
It all depends what you want do do. The base 5E ruleset has a lot of features, extensions tend to either change the visual theme or change/add a small feature.

5E specific extensions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27298-Extensions-Modules-Pregens-and-other-5E-resources
CoreRPG extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-Extensions 5E is built on top fo CoreRPG so these should work with 5E.

Have a look through and see if any of the extensions give you functionality you *really* want. Otherwise, I'd recommend you get used to the the base ruleset first - there's a lot for you to learn how to use there!

If you do use any extensions, make sure they are compatible with FG v3.2.2, some haven't been updated yet.

damned
January 26th, 2017, 00:08
I agree with Trenloe. You have so much to learn just with the base product that I wouldnt add to it just yet.
There are lots of extensions that just make little tweaks here and there.
If you are a GM that loves to prep and loves world building then the DOE extensions are worth looking at - later on.
If you like the idea of Sound in the game, again look at the DOE extensions - but do it later on.

Dracius
January 26th, 2017, 00:50
The encounter difficulty extension is amazeballs, as is start effect on CT drop and the improved criticals.

I also like the ones that up the font size, so you can run the UI at a smaller scale for more screen space. Be aware that any extension you run will also be in effect for all connected players.

For my games we also use a small extension that swaps out all the meta data and info icons with something we feels is more intuitive and noticeable.

I might upload it later for peer review and hazing.