PDA

View Full Version : An adventure for the really new players out there...

Hermundure
January 25th, 2017, 14:41
FG License: Ultimate (you can join me with just the demo version)
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: GMT +1
Planned start date: we will figure this out together, probably on weekdays after 7 pm, on weekends I am a bit more flexible
Planned duration: I would say roughly 2 hours but I will block 3 hours of my time - just in case many questions arise, which is fine :-)
Planned Duration & Frequency: One Shot

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Teamspeak Server

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
Number of Players needed: 1
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level premade is provided

Details of your scenario:

Hi all!

I know my own starting days and weeks at FG (and roleplaying in general, which started with my FG purchase) where I have been to inexperienced to feel brave enough to simply apply to a game.
Also, I lacked connections and had no real people to ask questions too :-)

So for the new players out there I created this One-on-One game, it will be just you and me in an adventure to take a first look at what it is like to roleplay in-character and/or learning the essentials in the usage of "Fantasy Grounds".
While doing so we will have some fun facing an unexpected situation and hopefully solving it :-)

What you need to bring to the table:
- yourself
- quiet surrounding (i.e. no tv running in the background)
- a good mic - english is not my main language and if you pair a strong dialect with a bad micro... you get the idea :-)
- and most importantly: the willingness to have some fun!

So dont be shy, this is probably the most enclosed setting you will find with plenty of opportunity to ask every question you come across in your first adventure.

Herm

elcabojota
February 1st, 2017, 12:19
FG License: Ultimate (you can join me with just the demo version)
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: GMT +1
Planned start date: we will figure this out together, probably on weekdays after 7 pm, on weekends I am a bit more flexible
Planned duration: I would say roughly 2 hours but I will block 3 hours of my time - just in case many questions arise, which is fine :-)
Planned Duration & Frequency: One Shot

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Teamspeak Server

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
Number of Players needed: 1
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level premade is provided

Details of your scenario:

Hi all!

I know my own starting days and weeks at FG (and roleplaying in general, which started with my FG purchase) where I have been to inexperienced to feel brave enough to simply apply to a game.
Also, I lacked connections and had no real people to ask questions too :-)

So for the new players out there I created this One-on-One game, it will be just you and me in an adventure to take a first look at what it is like to roleplay in-character and/or learning the essentials in the usage of "Fantasy Grounds".
While doing so we will have some fun facing an unexpected situation and hopefully solving it :-)

What you need to bring to the table:
- yourself
- quiet surrounding (i.e. no tv running in the background)
- a good mic - english is not my main language and if you pair a strong dialect with a bad micro... you get the idea :-)
- and most importantly: the willingness to have some fun!

So dont be shy, this is probably the most enclosed setting you will find with plenty of opportunity to ask every question you come across in your first adventure.

Herm

I could be interested. Based in Poland so the timezone works perfectly. Havent played in years but want to get back into it. What are the next steps?

Hermundure
February 1st, 2017, 18:58
Send you a pm :-)

Helvan Raptyr
February 2nd, 2017, 17:20
GMT here, would be interested :D

humps
February 2nd, 2017, 17:32
Hi

I'm new to FG and have not played rpg for a long time. used to love them as a kid/teenager. I'm very interested in this

Hermundure
February 2nd, 2017, 21:02
You all got PMs :-)

Hermundure
February 3rd, 2017, 08:18
Over this weekend and start of next week I will run the adventure with the ones who contacted me here and on discord, the application for this adventure is closed now. :-)

humps
February 3rd, 2017, 10:35
Over this weekend and start of next week I will run the adventure with the ones who contacted me here and on discord, the application for this adventure is closed now. :-)

Hey herm.

Ill be about tonight around 9ish GMT if you fancy a
Chat. Ill get set up on discord when i finish work.

Cheers humps

Helvan Raptyr
February 3rd, 2017, 10:54
Thanks for the quick guide last night, really appreciated it. Looking forward to starting something proper, soon :)

Helvan Raptyr
February 3rd, 2017, 10:58
I think Hermundure may be busy this weekend due to a celebration today etc.
Don't quote me on that but I think that's what he said to me yesterday, and that we would continue on Tuesday around 9pm (GMT+1) with someone else :)

humps
February 3rd, 2017, 11:37
Ok mate, cheers for letting me know.
Yes he pm last night and mentioned tuesday so looks
Like we might be adventuring together ��.
Ill be about later , still trying to put together a character. Watched a few vids last night so hopefully
Im on it now.

Cheers humps.

Helvan Raptyr
February 3rd, 2017, 11:49
Yeah I think we will be. He asked me if I minded anyone else and I said of course not, after all if we're going to do a campaign in the longrun we'd need to talk together.
If you want, we can chat on Discord or something and I can help you make a character? I'm by no means ultra experienced or amazign at it, but that's all part of the fun. I've made a ranger and a fighter at the moment already.
Danny :)

humps
February 3rd, 2017, 12:05
Yeah that would be great thanks, need all the help i can get. Iv not played d&d before and not roll played for years. Well apart from a few sessions about a year ago on a rollmaster campaign i was luck enough
To join for a few weeks, then real life got in way! Im gonna get setup on discord later so hopefully speak later.

Cheers gavin

Helvan Raptyr
February 3rd, 2017, 12:10
Don't worry I've never had chance to play D&D whatsoever! I bought the PHB, DM's Guide and Monster Manual a while back and used to read through them in my spare time (journey to work etc.). But due to work constraints and people generally not wanting to practice or set up basic sessions with me, I've missed out.
Though I do like creating things, naturally I'm quite creative so I'm sure I can have my input with any characters you decide to create.

My Discord ID thingy is: HelvanRaptyr#7859 :)

Hermundure
February 4th, 2017, 17:50
For the upcomming games my login words are:

crazy castle huge ogre

Helvan Raptyr
February 4th, 2017, 18:46
Looking forward to it. Are we literally just using standard fighters for the games we'll be doing?

Helvan Raptyr
February 4th, 2017, 18:49
I've made a ranger character though in my spare time, would you mind looking at it Hermundure and giving me feedback? :)

Hermundure
February 4th, 2017, 18:54
One rogue or one ranger might be ok too, otherwise just pick the fighter you already created. :-)

Helvan Raptyr
February 4th, 2017, 18:56
I just wanted to check my ranger has all the right stats, abilities and equipment etc. (as in I've set it all up correctly). :)

Hermundure
February 4th, 2017, 19:05
You can import and use the ranger also if you want to :-)

Helvan Raptyr
February 4th, 2017, 19:09
I'll import him into your game when I get chance and we can see what he is like, and any changes that need to be made etc.

humps
February 4th, 2017, 20:07
Hi guys

Hermundure am I right in thinking we on for Tuesday night at 9 uk time? and I will have a premade character to test out?
I have created a half elf fighter, more as a learning how it all works then a character I want to play but could do with someone
just to let me know if it looks ok.

also I'm now setup on discord. humps#4733
Helvan iv sent a friend request :)

hope you all good speak soon

Hermundure
February 4th, 2017, 22:34
Its 9 pm gmt+1 humps :-)

humps
February 5th, 2017, 06:30
Its 9 pm gmt+1 humps :-)

Ok mate no problem, ill have a little power nap after work.