PDA

View Full Version : hello any that will help me program a skinn ( theme for FG) i make all the grafics

Wulfquee
January 25th, 2017, 07:26
hello any that can help me programm a skinn for FG . i am no programmer i have made some designs for FG but i like to build a new Extension so i am looking for one that will help me program it for me . becuse i am no programmer :-( i hope some out there will help. we can talk over discord or any other voice program about the details . plz contact me if any will help

Thanks on advanced

vodokar
January 25th, 2017, 07:29
Depending on the extent of your makeover, it isn't necessarily that hard. I would start by taking a look thru the code for the themes that Damned has made for Morecore. If you just need to place a decal and some other minor makeover stuff, that might just show you how to go about it.

Wulfquee
January 25th, 2017, 07:31
can you talk over discord ?

vodokar
January 25th, 2017, 07:42
Sorry, there must have been some misunderstanding. I'm offering advice, but unfortunately, I am much too busy with my own projects to take on this for you. What I meant by, "I would start" is "If I were You, I would start".

Search for the themes that Damned has made for Morecore, download them, change the extension name from .ext to .zip and unzip them. Use notepad +++ to open the files and inspect the code. After that, if you have specific questions about something that doesn't make sense, ask and someone will be here to answer your questions.

Wulfquee
January 25th, 2017, 07:47
what i ment wass easyer to talk then to write. but i have been looking at many extensions and i have used notepad ++ ( dont know id +++ is new one have to check that ) but one eks i cant get is how to change the baggroun on all frames . like baground . chat . combat tracker . i have made some changes and can get that to work .

and i didt count on some do the work just like that.( that will be to easy ) it wass more just to talk stuff over. and get some advice and can send stuff over discord

can see if i search there is a notepad+++ can you link a good place to get it from ? . dont what one of thsoe where you get a ton mallware :-)

vodokar
January 25th, 2017, 08:10
it's only ++. You have what you need. I will try to give you some more help and advice tomorrow. It's after 3 am, though, and I have to get some sleep. I'm sure Damned and some others also will try to give you some help and direction tomorrow.

Wulfquee
January 25th, 2017, 08:12
okay thank you for you time and gn

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2017, 11:13
You may find this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36035-Art-Asset-List-for-5e-Themes) useful.

Wulfquee
January 25th, 2017, 11:16
thanks alot

damned
January 25th, 2017, 11:49
make up a high res image and Ill have a look at it...

Wulfquee
January 25th, 2017, 12:28
just let me know, if you can talk over discord or any other voice program then i can show you what i have so fare

GarthGiantbane
January 25th, 2017, 14:54
Hi, take a look at this post and others by the same person. It sounds like he's making headway on FG Skinning methods.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35837-Project-Gui5E

Hope this helps.

Wulfquee
January 28th, 2017, 09:38
if any can talk over Discord or any other Voice program plz let me know . there is some stuff i cant figure out . and alot Esyer to talk then Write ( and Writing can easy be missunderstood )

damned
January 28th, 2017, 12:46
share the image that you want to convert. either here or in pm.

ll00ll00ll00ll
January 28th, 2017, 13:21
Hi, take a look at this post and others by the same person. It sounds like he's making headway on FG Skinning methods.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35837-Project-Gui5E

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't recommend working off of what I have posted currently because there are some pretty significant foundational problems with them, however it looks like those will be ironed out shortly (looks like days, not weeks at this point).

Once they're fixed, you can feel free to use those as a base to start from. If you do work from them all I ask is that you don't charge for it (pay-what-you-want is fine). My long term intention is to end up with a fairly straight forward generic theme, ready-made for modification, with a guide, etc. Again, that is the "long term" intention...

I will post on progress as it's available.

Wulfquee
January 28th, 2017, 13:50
sent you a PM Damned