PDA

View Full Version : New to FG looking for demo trial

Paxar
October 30th, 2005, 19:56
Hello,

I just downloaded the demo version of FG and am anxious to see how it plays out in practice. I am fairly familiar with D&D 3.5 rules, but not with any particular campaign setting. I do not DM well. My schedule is a little crowded, but I will usually have time to play on Thursday-Monday between 7pm and 10pm (possibly later) CST (That's GMT -6). Please let me know if you're interested, especially if you can DM.

-Jono

Damaul
November 5th, 2005, 05:00
I would like to play, i have never dmed before though. i can play from 1pm-12am central on saterdays and sundays(not the whole time though :) i think i would like to play a rogue,barbarian,or bard so if you have room for one of those i would be glad to group with you.

Paxar
November 5th, 2005, 16:23
well that's 1 :)

Answulf
November 6th, 2005, 05:32
I'm not ready to commit to a campaign, but I just downloaded the demo as well and would like to connect and try it out. I can DM.

Deleven
November 6th, 2005, 16:28
I accidently posted in a new topic here is my original post. thank you

I downloaded the demo recently and would like to try it out as well.
I can play on Saturdays and Sundays afternoons or early evenings. My time zone is EST. GMT -5

Paxar
November 6th, 2005, 17:59
Ok, how does Saturday (Nov 12) at 3pm CST (4pm EST; 9pm GMT) work for everyone?

Deleven_
November 6th, 2005, 20:13
I would not be able to play until 5pm CST/6pm EST/ 11GMT because of having to prepare food for my dad and myself. Other than that I am free to play on Saturday November 12th.

Paxar
November 6th, 2005, 20:41
5pm CST is good for me

Deleven_
November 6th, 2005, 22:04
sounds good to me. :D

Damaul
November 6th, 2005, 23:44
me to

Sivlan
November 7th, 2005, 00:08
Hi guys, I just recently found this program and would like to give it a whirl. You guys need another for the demo run? I'd be interested in joining you all.

Very familiar with DnD, stopped playing when I moved away from my friends who play, so not as familiar with the 3.5 rules as I'd like...

Paxar
November 7th, 2005, 00:28
Sure Sivlan, look above to see the date and time.

Deleven_
November 7th, 2005, 01:22
When should we set up a time or times to create our characters? With the demo versions the characters cannot be saved if created in the local character preparation mode for later use. So that will add quite a bit of time to the session I think. I am open to any class that is needed for the group.

Paxar
November 7th, 2005, 02:02
Good point, and I think that's just something we're going to have to deal with. But it will be a good opportunity to help other players that aren't as familiar with 3.5 rules create characters. I don't expect the actual adventure to be too long since this is just a trial run. So I think the extra time spent creating characters won't really hamper the session too much. Please everyone let me know if you disagree or have a better idea.

P.S. I haven't heard from Ansbach ^ yet about the date and time so we may have to come up with another DM. Shouldn't be a problem though.

Answulf
November 7th, 2005, 02:43
Hello - I was looking more for instant gratifiaction, i.e. connect up with someone else as soon as possible just to play around in a real setting rather than a full on game.

However, I was impressed enough with the demo that I bought the full version today and have been messing around with it.

I am going to start a server now (7:45 PM MST) and will leave it up for at least two hours or so if anyone want to join up just to test things out, although I'm not sure if a Demo version can connect to the full version.

Server alias is "tiny thug idle ogre".

Paxar
November 7th, 2005, 02:44
No, demos can only connect to demos.

Answulf
November 7th, 2005, 02:48
Hmm... well I still have the demo installed if you want to connect this evening just to test things out... I'll send you a PM

unixpanix
November 7th, 2005, 03:49
I tried to connect, but it seems you are not patched to 1.05

Answulf
November 7th, 2005, 04:05
OK, demo server is up for demo players to connect - but only two can connect at a time and two are in right now - when someone leaves others will be able to join...

unixpanix
November 7th, 2005, 04:16
Ansbach & Paxar, Sent you PMs

Answulf
November 7th, 2005, 18:51
CJ - sorry for the confusion last night, we thought you were Unixpanix. Send me a PM and I'll rehost a server for you.

BloodAsp
November 7th, 2005, 23:20
You guys got room for one more, i'm in Oz here so the time you have put up would work for me, i think it equates to around 8am for me on a sunday and i'm usually awake at that time anyway.

Answulf
November 8th, 2005, 04:29
Hi BloodAsp. Paxar and I have since bought the full versions. You can only play with 2 on the demo, so the proposed campaign wasn't possible. If you want to test out the demo live with another player, send me a PM and I'll host for you some time.

BloodAsp
November 8th, 2005, 06:41
Ahh i didn't realise that, i also have the full version of the game but was willing to download the demo in order to give it a go.
If you guys ever start up a campaign let me know, as long as the time is compatible that is.