PDA

View Full Version : Cthulhu 7th Edition Ruleset Translation

Muwak
January 24th, 2017, 22:26
Hey Guys, what about gathering all the Translation-Work we've already done?

I'll Start with German, would be cool to see other Languages being added :)17608

Luthbel
March 4th, 2017, 02:13
Due to the protection of the ruleset itself in the "vault" folder, I didn´t tried to do the translation to Spanish, but I´m going to take a look to your extension and see if I can do the needed modifications to translate it to Spanish. Thanks!

damned
March 4th, 2017, 02:27
If there are additional files needed I will endeavour to make them available to the extension also.

Luthbel
March 4th, 2017, 04:00
Thanks Damned,
By now, I´m doing it quite fast, because I had the 6e ruleset translated, so a part of the strings are perfectly useable on the base of Muwak´s German extension. I must decide how to name some stuff to don´t overlap the text with the fields Example: Points of Sanity=Puntos de Cordura=SAN Pts.=COR Pts, but in some places things don´t fit the better way, so I need to find a better way to reduce the words :)
I will continue with this during this weekend

Luthbel
March 4th, 2017, 17:34
Hello friends!
I´ve been working to translate the 7th edition ruleset to Spanish, and it´s done now... almost. By now, I´ve left the translation of the skills I did for 6th edition, it works fine, and it may work as a temporal option. I want to replace it with the 7th edition list, but I will do it during the entering week. I´ve included all the needed translations of the coreRPG in the bottom of the .XML file, so if anyone needs to translate it, they have the strings ready to copy/paste without too much trouble.
I´ve also updated the theme I did for 6th edition, using graphics from several editions of CoC and using as a base for the background of the image you guys did for the 1880s extension of the 6th edition ruleset. I´ve used the menu graphics I did for my Chronicles of Darkness ruleset makeover (that I will upload in the next few hours), and those works just fine in CoC too. I modified the theme to don´t include any language info on image (something impossible for the Chronicles of Darkness one right now), so it may work seamlessly in English, German, Spanish and any other future language translations. I´ve also added some decals of some of the most popular CoC campaigns (those are in Spanish, but you can replace them with any other image by keeping the same names, or editing the XML´s
Here I post several screenshots and the links to download them:
Here´re the translation and theme extensions:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/crmnh0f3v13f8lp/AADMR_aefxzpaay_iA4qrqpna?dl=0

damned
March 5th, 2017, 00:25
Well done Luthbel

Luthbel
March 5th, 2017, 00:40

ianmward
March 12th, 2017, 01:58
Muy bien! Muchas gracias!

Luthbel
March 12th, 2017, 03:10
De nada! Espero encontrar tiempo para traducir las habilidades correctamente
You´re welcome! Trying to find time to translate the skills correctly

Gubben
September 18th, 2017, 09:21
More files needed to make this work.. but ruleset is password protected.
Necesito mas ficheros para intentar que funcione mejor, pero hay password