PDA

View Full Version : Other Shapes For Fog of War Reveals?

JHale1966
January 24th, 2017, 21:11
Can you only reveal a map using a square/rectangle or are other shapes available? Maybe a freehand?

I have caverns and such which are obviously not square and sometimes a circle would come in handy. :)

Thanks!

Jim

GarthGiantbane
January 24th, 2017, 21:23
There is a freehand method - while in mask reveal mode, hold the shift key and you can draw any shape to reveal areas. You can "carve" away sections next to areas already revealed to enlarge. But I'm not aware of any other shapes.

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2017, 21:23
Hold down SHIFT whilst also hloding the left mouse button and you can 'draw' iregular shapes to dissapaate the fog.

damned
January 24th, 2017, 21:25
GarthGiantbane is correct. Rectangle or Freehand. You can also remask using Shift or Ctrl+Shift.

JHale1966
January 24th, 2017, 21:36
Perfect - that's all I need. :)

Thanks! :)

Dwayne Squires
January 25th, 2017, 16:50
Was going to try to find this myself today. I know I saw a video with the freestyle being used but couldn't remember how they "activated" it. My first test run last night, I was stuck with rectangles...LOL

Trenloe
January 25th, 2017, 16:55
I'd really recommend looking in the user guide on the Wiki when you get stuck/want to know how to do things. For example, this info is in the "Masking" section of the Images page on the Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images Go to Wiki -> User Guides to get the high level menu.

judoka13
January 8th, 2021, 17:01
This isn't working for me. I have tried shift, ctrl, nothing but squares or rectangles. What am i missing?

humby
January 8th, 2021, 17:27
It's the ALT key that you need (in FGU at least).

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2021, 18:00
Indeed, this is an old post. The key was changed to ALT in Unity. (It's still SHIFT in Classic).

Fear Grounds
January 8th, 2021, 19:44
It would seem a bunch of people use the shift key to activate push to talk on the various platforms. So it makes sense to migrate away from using the "default" push to talk button to activate such a useful feature.

Admittedly, it can get a little confusing when you are actively using classic and unity to run games though. LOL

judoka13
January 8th, 2021, 20:07
Ty guys