PDA

View Full Version : Better explanation of DLC Packs

Dwayne Squires
January 24th, 2017, 20:18
So I have purchased D&D Complete Core Class Pack, D&D Complete Core Monster Pack, and D&D Complete Dungeon Master's Guide along with my Ultimate license.

Yet in my modules I have the DM's Guide, but then I have the Player's Handbook and the Monster Manual. I assume the Core packs are then the actual manuals. Is this correct?

What is in the Character Customization Pack? Do I need it if I have the complete PHB and DMG? It might have been nice to put in the description that this is not needed if you by the Complete Core pack. As it appears the core pack has all of the customization items in it as well.

And it appears I ended up with a fairly decent set of monster tokens but no adventure tokens. Lots of adventure portraits though. Can the portraits be used just like tokens?

Zeus
January 24th, 2017, 20:55
Dwayne welcome to the FG community.

The D&D Complete Core Class Pack is the D&D Player's Handbook module which is identical to the hardback book - it contains everything a player will need to play 5e and details all the classes, races, backgrounds and equipment. The individual class packs are simply the individual classes (fighter, cleric, bard, etc etc) from the PHB packaged as their own mini module. The class pack options are suited to those players who may not wish to commit to purchasing the entire D&D Complete Core Class Pack (aka the PHB). In these instances one or two class packs and the character customisation pack will be sufficient to create a character of that class. The character customisation pack includes race, background, equipment, weapons, armor from the PHB and is designed to be used with the individual class packs. So in your case there is no need to purchase it as you already have the entire PHB.

Similarly, the D&D Complete Core Monster Pack is the Monster Manual module which is again identical to its counterpart hardback book - it contains all the monsters a DM will need if he/she prefers to crete the own adventures as opposed to perhaps purchasing a pre-existing adventure module. In a similar vein and to ease the cost of running a D&D 5e game, individual monster packs which group monsters of one or more particular types have been made available at a lower price. This may suit some DMs who for example are running an Undead only campaign.

So as you have purchased the PHB, MM and DMG, you have everything from the 3 core books you need to run your own custom D&D 5e adventures in FG.

The MM comes bundled with tokens for the monsters, as for Character tokens you should have access to 5e class and race portraits which can be dragged to the character sheet token fields as well.

Dwayne Squires
January 24th, 2017, 22:06
Zues, Thank you.

Arborhawk
January 24th, 2017, 22:52
Here is a link that you can make tokens with. This even creates them in proper format. PNG

https://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/