PDA

View Full Version : Steam Module Purchase - Can't find it

Fable
January 24th, 2017, 14:46
I got the newest newsletter and was intrigued by Lair Assault: Forget of the Dawn Titan. I went out to Steam and purchased it.

Steam shows it is Installed but I can't seem to find it. I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading but the result is the same. This is the first module I have downloaded off of Steam since I converted my game just over a year ago. Since I usually use my own content - I haven't experienced this to date. Anything I am missing in the process.

Seya
January 24th, 2017, 15:14
Just update fantasy grounds with their launcher. Then load a campaign and you can enable the the module.

Fable
January 24th, 2017, 15:41
Just update fantasy grounds with their launcher. Then load a campaign and you can enable the the module.

Thats my problem, I am all up to date.. and the mod doesn't show up under Loading a Campaign or Starting a new Campaign. I also poked around the File Views and don't see it in the Campaigns, Modules, etc.. Also note: I have all the books loaded and even the Sword Coast Guides.

Seya
January 24th, 2017, 15:50
Ok i got thew module ill check it out now

Seya
January 24th, 2017, 15:56
Ok its called Forge of the Dawn Titan for some reason

Fable
January 24th, 2017, 16:54
Where does Steam place your download for it? I still don't have an option for enabling it and a PC search for Dawn or Forge of is coming up blank.

Trenloe
January 24th, 2017, 16:57
Thats my problem, I am all up to date.. and the mod doesn't show up under Loading a Campaign or Starting a new Campaign.
Modules are not campaigns. They are individual data-sets that can be activated within a campaign.

Create a 5E campaign and load that up. Then go to Library -> Modules and activate the module. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

If after doing this you still don't see the module for activation in a 5E campaign, exit the campaign and click the "Settings" button on the main FG launch screen. Make sure "Check Steam for DLC" is checked and that your Steam client is running and logged in. Then run an update - try to keep an eye on the update window - after running through the standard rulesets etc. it will do a Steam check for products.

FYI - this will only work on a Windows PC, if you're running Mac the Steam update won't work (Steam DLC is labelled as Windows Only) and you'll need to email support for them to add it to your account.

Fable
January 24th, 2017, 17:04
Cheers! Thanks that is what I was missing. I assumed there would be a way to load it from the main screen like the other books. That did the trick!

jleimu
July 3rd, 2018, 11:09
Modules are not campaigns. They are individual data-sets that can be activated within a campaign.

Create a 5E campaign and load that up. Then go to Library -> Modules and activate the module.

If after doing this you still don't see the module for activation in a 5E campaign, exit the campaign and click the "Settings" button on the main FG launch screen. Make sure "Check Steam for DLC" is checked and that your Steam client is running and logged in. Then run an update - try to keep an eye on the update window - after running through the standard rulesets etc. it will do a Steam check for products.

Thanks for clearing out that I need to create a campaign first. Unfortunately I still can't see my downloaded modules anywhere, not in FG , not in windows' folders. I also don't have a "Check Steam for DLC" checkbox/button anywhere on the launch screen! I have been strugling with FG for two hours and I'm getting a bit frustrated. Any new tricks? Please!:cry:

jleimu
July 3rd, 2018, 11:57
Solved! I reconnected the app to steam : settings->manage->link steam purchases:)

damned
July 3rd, 2018, 13:18
Welcome jleimu! Ask questions, read lots, throw dice and confound and entertain your players!

Nylanfs
July 3rd, 2018, 16:38
Huzzah!