PDA

View Full Version : Manage characters - Still broken (2 years and counting)

Trancekat
January 23rd, 2017, 18:15
Hi all,

So I had very high expectations for this last major update as the notes stated that the issue with manage characters were going to be fixed (yay).. but after months of thinking it's me, it's still Fantasy Grounds smashing together various characters and utterly corrupting the work that went into them and 5E.xml.

As in my previous posts, I'm still getting characters smashed together in Manage Characters. What may I provide to continue to help trouble shoot this issue please?

Thank you for your time and help as always.

Moon Wizard
January 24th, 2017, 00:19
The issue happened when you had locally built characters (i.e. Manage Characters), and you opened a campaign in Manage Characters mode. Any mashed together data would not be fixed from prior to the update, but should be avoided going forward.

Some questions to help me recreate the issue:
* Have you seen the issue with characters created/adjusted after the update?
* When starting Manage Characters mode, are you selecting from the Rulesets list on top, or the Campaigns list on the bottom?

I may need to get a sample of some of your files to recreate the scenario. For the specific issue fixed in the update, I had a reproduceable scenario, and fixed that scenario.

Thanks,
JPG

Trancekat
January 24th, 2017, 14:11
The issue happened when you had locally built characters (i.e. Manage Characters), and you opened a campaign in Manage Characters mode. Any mashed together data would not be fixed from prior to the update, but should be avoided going forward.

Some questions to help me recreate the issue:
* Have you seen the issue with characters created/adjusted after the update?
* When starting Manage Characters mode, are you selecting from the Rulesets list on top, or the Campaigns list on the bottom?

I may need to get a sample of some of your files to recreate the scenario. For the specific issue fixed in the update, I had a reproduceable scenario, and fixed that scenario.

Thanks,
JPG

Hi Moon Wizard,
Thank you for the response.

I do have characters in there from before the update; do I have to recreate them all for this issue to go away?

To answer your questions:

* Have you seen the issue with characters created/adjusted after the update? - I will test this out as I haven't created any new characters since the update.

* When starting Manage Characters mode, are you selecting from the Rulesets list on top, or the Campaigns list on the bottom? - I did not open any of the campaign information from the lower part of the Manage Characters option. I opened up Manage Characters and have 5E selected, then click "start".

damned
January 25th, 2017, 01:03
Hi Moon Wizard,
Thank you for the response.

I do have characters in there from before the update; do I have to recreate them all for this issue to go away?

To answer your questions:

* Have you seen the issue with characters created/adjusted after the update? - I will test this out as I haven't created any new characters since the update.

* When starting Manage Characters mode, are you selecting from the Rulesets list on top, or the Campaigns list on the bottom? - I did not open any of the campaign information from the lower part of the Manage Characters option. I opened up Manage Characters and have 5E selected, then click "start".

If there is corrupt data in the manage characters already FG wont be able to fix that.