PDA

View Full Version : [D&D5E] Random Dungeon Crawl (Demo License Welcome)

Ultralazuli
January 23rd, 2017, 12:59
29 year old DM with 15+ years of DM experience looking to host a variable-party Funhouse-style random dungeon crawl game.

Pre-genned characters start out at level 5. Anybody can play any character they wish (only one player to one character each session). However, any player may switch to a different character each new session. Experience may be allocated to each character, or kept for the players' use at a later time, at the end of each session. Character specific background/bonds/ideals/etc info will not be populated, and no XP will be given for those, only for combat and party-goal completion. Inspiration will be given only once per session, at the start of the session. Otherwise, it is a custom randomized dungeon, replete with traps and monsters of an abyssal nature. What happens in the dungeon will be permanent; creatures slain, rooms cleared, treasure looted, etc., is permanent and will not "respawn".

This is to help me get more familiar with FG. I do have the Ultimate license, so Demo license users are welcome to join at any time. I will only take 4 players per session, and will be playing for 4 hours maximum each session, with a break at the 2 hour mark. There is currently no schedule for the game at this time, until I am contacted by interested parties.

If you think you have what it takes, or simply want to have some fun sometime, hit me up.

makeshifter
January 23rd, 2017, 18:44
Hey I'd be down. I'm looking for somes games to play to get used to FG as well. I'm writing a big epic campaign so I'm always ancy to learn more about the 5e rules. I also like playing whatever class a group needs too.
Cheers

Kayden Pryn
January 23rd, 2017, 20:24
I'd be down. I'm still getting used to 5e, and still deciding if I want to get the full program, so something I can drop in/drop out of works perfectly for me.

Ultralazuli
January 24th, 2017, 21:07
Please list your available schedules down so that we can figure out an appropriate time for the game sessions.

makeshifter
January 24th, 2017, 22:09
Please list your available schedules down so that we can figure out an appropriate time for the game sessions.

MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10am to 4pm EST And MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY midnight to 4ish. EST

inos2711
January 24th, 2017, 22:25
Hey, I'm new to FG and I would like to try the random dungeon crawl. I'm available from Tuesday to Thursday from 7pm to 12am (GMT -5:00) Eastern time.

PatrickDenton
January 24th, 2017, 22:26
do you still have any openings? and is anything planned for tonight?

Ultralazuli
January 24th, 2017, 22:30
do you still have any openings? and is anything planned for tonight?

Nothing will happen tonight. Pretty exhausted from fixing my car and running around town.

Please post your available schedule if you want to play, that way I can arrange people with compatible schedules into their own sessions.

Zanself
January 25th, 2017, 03:21
Available(EST): Monday all day, Tuesday 10a-6p, Wednesday 10a-8p, Thursday 6p-2am, Friday 10a-7pm, and Saturday all day

Ultralazuli
January 25th, 2017, 16:07
Doesn't seem like anyone's schedule matches up yet. I will continue to await for matching schedules. If anyone's timetable changes, please list the changes in the thread here.

I will also say that if you have friends that have the same schedule as you, but perhaps aren't a part of this forum, but would still like to play and use FG, you are certainly encouraged to invite them. Just make sure to show them my original post. I won't start without at least 3 players, as the dungeon is a bit too hard for less than 3 (built for 4-5 lv. 5 PCs).

Lastly, before I forget, make sure and list AM/PM/Time zone in your schedule posts.

Appleju
January 25th, 2017, 17:13
I'm a complete newb to Pen and Paper D&D and FG and this seems like it would be a good way to learn and get into the game. I'm available from 7am-11am PST (GMT-8) most weekdays and I'm available currently Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings.

Ultralazuli
January 26th, 2017, 12:05
Seems like Appleju and Zenself are available on Saturday. If I can secure another participant by then, we can start saturday evening.

Arisu
January 26th, 2017, 23:54
I might be interested in joining for saturday, depending on what time(zone).
I don't have any experience using Fantasy Grounds though, in case that matters.

Zanself
January 27th, 2017, 00:25
I have extensive knowledge of Fantasy Grounds and working with players who have little to no knowledge. It's a wonderful program with so many interactive features that makes playing any pen & paper game easy and fun.

Cebrann
January 27th, 2017, 02:19
I have just purchased FG ultimate license with all the 5e books. I wouldn't mind playing on Saturday if you still have room. I am looking to become more familiar with the game. Let me know.

makeshifter
January 27th, 2017, 02:29
Hey I just got the STD license to try it out and start creating my custom campaign. Id love to get together sometime and play!

tjrez
January 27th, 2017, 11:40
I would like to join. I am available any day or time except Tuesdays.

Arisu
January 28th, 2017, 13:56
Is this still on for tonight ? And what time ?

Zanself
January 28th, 2017, 14:01
The actual date/time was never set as of right now, Arisu. This was just to find what days players would be avail to begin a group. Looks like we have 4-5, but a time has not been committed to. Perhaps we can all join TS to discuss that? I will message everyone, and have us meet. Hopefully, Ultra will show up as well.

Ultralazuli
January 28th, 2017, 16:48
Very cool, glad to see we have a good time for it here. I can start around 7 PM EST, go for 4 hours, till 11 PM EST. Does that work for everyone? Also, I am going to be putting a 5-man limit on the party for this session. Depending on how it goes, we may allow more, next session, if there is a desire for more.

If you would like to confirm that tonight @ 7PM EST is compatible with your schedule, type in your post, "That is compatible with mine." From there, I'll start filling in slots on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Appleju
January 28th, 2017, 16:50
That is compatible with mine. :)

Arisu
January 28th, 2017, 16:51
That is compatible with mine.

Zanself
January 28th, 2017, 17:32
Yeah, I have already met with these 2 jokers above me and worked out that 7pm(est) is perfect. Just waiting to hear from the other 2, Cabrann, and djrez. Sorry if I took lead on the gathering part, but with these last 2 that will be all 5 members.

Ultralazuli
January 28th, 2017, 18:34
Yeah, I have already met with these 2 jokers above me and worked out that 7pm(est) is perfect. Just waiting to hear from the other 2, Cabrann, and djrez. Sorry if I took lead on the gathering part, but with these last 2 that will be all 5 members.

Excellent, thank you. I will await the others.

If the other 2 do not show up, we can still start with just three.

Cebrann
January 28th, 2017, 19:05
That is compatible with me too. I will be on then, look forward to meeting everyone

Diomitus
January 28th, 2017, 21:59
do you guys have any room left in the party?

Zanself
January 28th, 2017, 22:06
We might have one spot still open. Haven't heard from the last guy.

Ultralazuli
January 28th, 2017, 22:09
do you guys have any room left in the party?

There is one spot left, you would be the 5th and last if starting tonight at 7 PM EST is compatible with your schedule.

Diomitus
January 28th, 2017, 22:44
yea I can definitely do 7pm EST

Diomitus
January 28th, 2017, 22:49
Let me know where/how we're meeting up

Diomitus
January 28th, 2017, 22:49
also maybe what the character restrictions are and what party make up is, unless its just a free-for-all on class

Zanself
January 28th, 2017, 23:22
Perhaps, in the future, you might read the original post. I don't know if this is still what you're looking for, but you are still welcome to join. TS @ 7 p.m.

Diomitus
January 28th, 2017, 23:24
Ha! yes, perhaps I may.
Yea, that sound like fun, I'm still interested.

Ultralazuli
January 28th, 2017, 23:46
Let me know where/how we're meeting up

We can and should use my Discord. I will post the link here if i can: The Outsiders Discord (https://discord.gg/2wDz9Ck)

Ragnu
January 29th, 2017, 02:06
Hi there,
i think if i have converted the time zones correctly i missed you guys by a few hours this week. i would be interested in playing next week if you have room.

Many thanks Ragnu

Ultralazuli
January 29th, 2017, 02:33
Hi there,
i think if i have converted the time zones correctly i missed you guys by a few hours this week. i would be interested in playing next week if you have room.

Many thanks Ragnu

Hey there! Thank you for checking it out and your interest. I may be able to schedule you in next week, but I'll need to talk with the other players and see what they want to do. After the session tonight is over, I'll speak to them and see if anyone has plans for next Saturday, and won't be able to make it, freeing up a slot.

You are more than welcome to come into the Discord and listen in if you would like. My Discord server is open to all. Check my previous post for the link to it.