PDA

View Full Version : HiRes Fonts (Total rip off of Big Fonts)

Gix
January 23rd, 2017, 07:18
So, first, thanks to the creator of the BigFonts.ext which this is entirely based on.

The changes are entirely to fonts and sizes as I believe Amazon's Bookerly font is much more readable.

I also tweaked the sizes so there aren't nearly as many size overruns, and toned down the black so it is now a super-dark gray which I find easier on the eyes.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17573&d=1485155897

Version 1.01 - Fixed Combat Tracker selected player font.

Talyn
January 23rd, 2017, 17:23
Great job, I like the font.

One thing: it really messes up the reference manual category font, though, as shown here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17594&stc=1&d=1485192021

Which also brings out a typo in the text there in bold ("mutitiverse") for whomever happens to be the current PHB marker-upper-PAR5Er guy. :)

Gix
January 28th, 2017, 21:06
Cool, thanks, I'll take a look at fixing that!

Talyn
January 28th, 2017, 22:17
The only way to fix it (currently) is to define a new window definition for the library category and overwrite CoreRPG with it. Had to do the same thing.

Gix
January 29th, 2017, 02:08
By all means, please share? How exactly do I do that?
Also, I found the Combat Tracker selected individual had a different font. Fixing that now.

Dugahst
December 18th, 2017, 21:21
doesn't show up in extension list.

Trenloe
December 18th, 2017, 21:56
doesn't show up in extension list.
It was packaged incorrectly. Try the updated one in post #1.

Zacchaeus
December 18th, 2017, 22:09
Which also brings out a typo in the text there in bold ("mutitiverse") for whomever happens to be the current PHB marker-upper-PAR5Er guy. :)

No idea who that might be but I'll note it anyway :)

MacDork
January 22nd, 2019, 02:11
Any chance you’d be willing to do a sans-serif version? Perhaps using Ubuntu’s font?

damned
January 22nd, 2019, 03:14
Any chance you’d be willing to do a sans-serif version? Perhaps using Ubuntu’s font?

Just crack it open and experiment...

MacDork
January 22nd, 2019, 05:01
Just crack it open and experiment...

I have;

What sort of conversion do you do to a font to make it a ".fgf"?

How do you export just one font size? I have .ttf files that contain all sizes, but don't know how to get just one size.

Talyn
January 22nd, 2019, 05:05
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Ubuntu-R.ttf" name="Ubuntu" size="18" />

Unless this extension has changed since I last fooled with it, all the fonts are TTF anyway so the correct markup is already there. Just replace the appropriate ones with the font you want.

MacDork
January 22nd, 2019, 05:10
Awesome -- thank you :)

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2019, 14:44
Details on the <font> definition in the Developer Guide Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/font.xcp

And there are lots of examples in the above extension and in FG rulesets - usually in the \graphics directory of the ruleset.

MacDork
January 22nd, 2019, 15:36
Thanks -- the reference is helpful. I got hung up on the odd file extensions in the 14 point font example I started examining, but it all makes sense now. Thanks everyone!

Springroll
January 27th, 2019, 18:28
The only way to fix it (currently) is to define a new window definition for the library category and overwrite CoreRPG with it. Had to do the same thing.
Is there an instruction anywhere on how to do this?

Talyn
January 27th, 2019, 18:37
Nope. The trick I use in all my Savage World themes (since I normally replace reference-h with a custom font from the official setting books) is:

<font name="library-category">
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/MarcellusSC-Regular.ttf" name="Marcellus SC" size="24" />
<color value="#000000" />
</font>

That creates a new font titled 'library-category' (just something I chose randomly; use whatever makes sense) which is otherwise an exact duplicate of the 'reference-h' font from CoreRPG. Then I overwrite the 'library_booklistcategory' window frame with:

<windowclass name="library_booklistcategory">
<margins control="0,0,0,2" />
<frame>rowshade</frame>
<sheetdata>
<stringcontrol name="name">
<bounds>5,2,-1,24</bounds>
<font>library-category</font>
<static />
</stringcontrol>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

Which, again, is an exact duplicate of the normal 'library_booklistcategory' except I'm replacing the font with the new one.

Springroll
January 27th, 2019, 18:41
Oh, that's excellent, exactly what I needed, thank you! :D

Seems
May 21st, 2020, 00:50
Fabulous extension - lets me shrink the UI to get more on the page while keeping everything readable. Thanks!

Moon Wizard
May 21st, 2020, 23:09
Moved to Armory forum with other extensions.

JPG