PDA

View Full Version : Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/minitracker_combatant.lua"]:119:

Lonewolf
January 22nd, 2017, 16:16
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/minitracker_combatant.lua"]:119: attempt to index global 'active' (a nil value). Sorry if this is a silly question but what is the that script error related to?
So far everything runs smooth as I am connected as a player. This error never presents any problems on my client during the game. I am just curious as what the pop up is about.:confused:

I am thinking that this was around in past versions. I can't remember if this could be a mistake in using the wrong tokens on the mini tracker. Or is related to having bad extensions running. Can anybody elaborate on the error message please?

Some more info ....

Running Savage Worlds, 50 Fathoms. Possible extensions that could cause this...

SW NPC Maker_v0.9_build8
SW Enhanced Library_v1.7_build7
Custom Decal

Lonewolf
January 22nd, 2017, 16:24
Having gone through the forum again. this did appear before 3.2.2...

This was my guess when other people encountered it. Pure speculation on my part......

This is just a theory but I think this due to setting up a global NPC character sheet attached to a PC character sheet or combat/chase tracker. All character sheets need have unique names. Two players or the GM can't "share" a character sheet between two combat tokens. Each token must link. So the fix is rename the allies on PC characters sheets and only link via the encounters tab for everything else

Other older thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28692-Chase-window-error

Moon Wizard
January 23rd, 2017, 04:44
Can you walk me through the steps to cause this one?

I tried opening the combat tracker, plus the player version of combat tracker; and the chase tracker, plus the player version of chase tracker. After cycling through a few rounds, as well as changing the faction for different people in the trackers, I couldn't reproduce.

Thanks,
JPG

Lonewolf
January 23rd, 2017, 05:35
That's is really the thing that baking my noodle with this one. :confused:

I find it impossible to reproduce in a controlled environment on my own computer. This seems like an intermittent fault, which seems to have no negative effects. The GM running the game is not even seeing the error message. I think the best course of action here is to ask the GM to run the last game through again and try and work out what is causing it.

The only benefit of mentioning it here is somebody might recognize the significance of the 119 error code. Then give us a clue on how to reliably reproduce it on demand. Right now I am in the dark with this one. I don't think it is causing any harm. It just a curiosity.

Ikael
January 23rd, 2017, 14:56
This issue has been lingering around for very long time (since SavageWorlds version v3.x) because it is, like you mentioned, very hard to reproduce.