PDA

View Full Version : Installation of Token Tool

Drakh
January 22nd, 2017, 14:34
Hi,

I've got a problem with installation of Token Tool; the java system seem's don't work...
When i launch the .jar with java i just have a black board who close instantly... And Token Tool doesn't work...

Does anyone can help me ?

Cordially.

PS : scuse my poor english... :ninja:

Zhern
January 22nd, 2017, 17:57
Hi Drakh, which version of java do you have installed? You can check this in control panel ->Java -> Java tab on the Java Control Panel window that launches. Click view once you are on the Java tab. This will launch the Java Runtime Environment Settings window. Click on the User tab. Under this it will provide a list of installed Java versions. Additionally, you can also get the Java version by launching a CMD window (Start->Run->CMD) and typing java -v and hitting enter at the prompt. If you get an error there then it is likely that your JAVA_PATH and JAVA_HOME environment variables are not registered.

Additionally, are you double clicking on the tokentool.jar? That should launch the GUI.

If you get frustrated with going through these steps, I would recommend an alternative token tool called Token Stamp. You can access it freely at the following address: Token Stamp (https://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/). It doesn't require installation of any software and is all web-based.

Drakh
January 22nd, 2017, 18:10
Thanks a lot for your answer, i've got the 64bits version and i test the last one version too but same results...

Yes i double click on the tokentool.jar... can i dezip this ? i see an answer that don't recommended that...

But, i'm going to test Token Stamp...

;)

Zhern
January 22nd, 2017, 18:23
Okay, token tool requires at least Java 1.5 to run, so if you are using Java 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8 it should work. You might try going to a command prompt in the folder you have token tool in (if you step up from the folder you have token tool in, select that folder, and then hold down shift while simultaneously right clicking on the folder you can select the menu item Open command window here (assuming you are using Windows 10). Once the window launches, you can invoke tokentool.jar from the command line. If there is an error, that error will show up in the command window. To launch token tool from the command line simply type tokentool-1.0.b28.jar (assuming you are using the only version that is available on the RP Tools website).

If you do that and an error is written to the command window, please post it and I can help you figure it out from there.

Drakh
January 22nd, 2017, 19:16
Thanks for all... I'm going to test all of that to compare these tools and choose the best one for me.

I return back to you if i got any problems else...

Thanks Zhern ! ;)