PDA

View Full Version : Currently selected token issues

JimSocks
January 22nd, 2017, 03:52
Hi everyone!

Is there a way to make it more obvious which token you have selected on a map? The subtly dark ring is, well, too subtle. This leads to my players constantly thinking they have an NPC they control selected when they set their targets, but they don't, and the targets get set from their main PC instead. "Make sure you just single-click the NPC you want to be controlling, because I see your main PC adding targets right now" I say over and over again, and "What? I did... MAN it's hard to see which token I am currently active on" they inevitably say over and over again.

It makes me wish I could make their currently selected token ringed in a THICK, bright RED border.

Secondary question: if this isn't currently possible, is this something I could try my hand at writing an extension for? I know some things aren't even possible through extensions, but I hope this isn't one of them. It is the chief complaint of my group, and the choke point keeping us from smooth combat sessions (they each control several NPCs, which is why it's such an annoying issue during this campaign)

damned
January 22nd, 2017, 04:09
Hi JimSocks Im afraid this is not accessible via extension.
As GM you have a couple of options - use the scroll wheel over the token in the Combat Tracker to Enlarge/Shrink it.
Some like to make it invisible/visible - I dont as it removes any targeting that is currently in effect against that actor.
And if your map is bigger than the visible section when you double click on the Actor in question the map will recentre (as much as is possible) on that actor. It cant/wont do this if the image size vs the current window size doesnt allow for it - it will do it as much as it can.

You might also add your vote for it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=62275