PDA

View Full Version : targeting toolbar on map in 3.2.2

KlatuB
January 22nd, 2017, 02:50
When in combat there used to be a targeting toolbar (for lack of proper name) on the map, with the latest update (3.2.2) it has disappeared, how do I get it back.

PTBBC.ORG
January 22nd, 2017, 03:06
We ran into that also. The DM had to mark the map as ID'd I believe and the it showed up.

KlatuB
January 22nd, 2017, 04:37
PTBBC.ORG,

Thanks for the reply, it turns out the DM had to unlock the map in order to see the toolbar.

Myrdin Potter
January 22nd, 2017, 04:57
There were many requests to make the window smaller, so when things are hidden now, you need to unlock to see them.

TMO
January 23rd, 2017, 18:21
I ran into this issue to, but it seems that the DM has to reshare the map in order for the unlocked state to have an impact the player's version of the map. Is anybody else seeing this?

Nickademus
January 23rd, 2017, 19:39
I've heard that too.

Zacchaeus
January 23rd, 2017, 19:46
I think that would be logical because the state of the image will be held on the players side as it was before the update. So resharing would be necessary I think; unless resync client view would also work.

TMO
January 23rd, 2017, 20:00
I think that would be logical because the state of the image will be held on the players side as it was before the update. So resharing would be necessary I think; unless resync client view would also work.

Did you mean before the FG update or before the DM updated the lock state of the image? If the former, I tested this with a new character I created using my own FG while connected to the server as a player.

If the latter, I don't have a problem with this behavior as long as it is expected. However, there are other actions that the DM takes that do immediately affect the player's view of objects. Thus, this seemed to be inconsistent with the way other features in FG works.

Nickademus
January 23rd, 2017, 20:52
Latter. The GM should reshare the image or maybe re-sync client view.

Though, thinking about it... if the GM has to have the map unlocked for the players to be able to use the toolbar, and an unlocked map displays the identification header, and the new update was designed to collapse the header to save room for the GM... doesn't this make the update pointless as the GM will have to have the map unlocked for the players anyway?

Griogre
January 23rd, 2017, 22:31
Basically true for maps, IMO. However, for non map, images to be shown it would be a gain. :)