PDA

View Full Version : Health and Character changes

Darker_Homes
January 22nd, 2017, 01:15
So I have a few questions. I don't know if I should create two separate forum entries as they are different. Just going to put them both here and if they are wrong let me know and I'll make a change.

The main issue I'm having is when a character levels up Fantasy Grounds auto-rolls the health to the average. I want my players to have the option of whether this is an average or based on their roll. Is there any way to do this?

Another side issue with this is during character creation. Again, health is auto-rolled, but my main issue is the players cannot use the roll feature in the chat window within the game. The reason this is important is I said that I would pay for everything. I have bought the players handbook etc. and and ultimate licence. So they can roll their character when they are signed into my game, however if they are wanting to create a character in the character management section they don't have the option to roll. This is important as I want them to be able to roll 4 and drop 1. This also means that if their character dies and they wish to roll up a new character quickly, they don't have the same options within the game.

I don't know if this will need to be resolved with an extension or if there are options in the program already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

damned
January 22nd, 2017, 04:00
Welcome Darker_Homes - try installing this extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22637-DMFirmy-s-Drop-Lowest-Extension

You will be able to /rolld4d6 1 in chat window to get your desired results.

The Auto HP will always be the same for that character. If they need to roll their own you will just need to manually adjust it but it should be very easy to work out what the new value will be as the auto level is always the same for that character.

Darker_Homes
January 22nd, 2017, 21:28
Thanks for the reply! I'll let them know. Cheers! :D

damned
January 22nd, 2017, 21:45
Hi Darker_Homes you as GM need to activate the extension and then the players will be able to use it.