PDA

View Full Version : Spell Effect Tokens

JHale1966
January 21st, 2017, 16:22
I have been using various Spell Effects on Roll20 such as Spiritual Weapons, Mists, and that sort of thing on the table and then assigning them to the player for control. Is there a way to do that in FG?

Thanks!

Jim

Zhern
January 21st, 2017, 17:37
Any of the packs you picked up on Roll20 should be able to be downloaded and *easily used* as assets for FG. Speaking of which, I'm planning on doing something like this with the assets I have used on Roll20, including maps/tiles, etc. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, though. I need to try this out to be sure.

Edit: Italics/* for emphasis that might need correction

Myrdin Potter
January 21st, 2017, 18:03
There is a nice set of spell effect tokens for sale on the DM's Guild store. If you share the tokens, then the players can place themselves. I do not suggest sharing too many tokens as it consumes memory, but you can also place it as the GM and the players can move it.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195599/Dungeons-and-Dragons-5e-Spell-Tokens?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45545_0_0_0_0_0

JHale1966
January 21st, 2017, 19:42
Well I have a bunch of my own (Dundjinni, CSUAC, etc) but how do I actually set the permission of a token to a player so they can move, resize, etc.?

JohnD
January 21st, 2017, 20:10
Put them in the tokens/shared directory.

Nickademus
January 21st, 2017, 20:24
Well I have a bunch of my own (Dundjinni, CSUAC, etc) but how do I actually set the permission of a token to a player so they can move, resize, etc.?

If you have tokens locked so that player drag movement lines out of their tokens, this will also prevent them from moving and resizing the spell effect tokens. If you do not, you will need to either attach the token to a Combat Tracker entry and set it to green (friendly) or put the tokens where John referred and let the players put them on the battlemap.

zuilin
March 28th, 2020, 17:30
Is there an easy way for the players to resize them? CTRL-wheel is tough since these have so much transparency.

Zacchaeus
March 28th, 2020, 17:38
Is there an easy way for the players to resize them? CTRL-wheel is tough since these have so much transparency.

That's the only way I'm aware of.