PDA

View Full Version : Corvaire - New Map

swbuza
January 21st, 2017, 06:26
This is my first try at using Asension's Atlas Style, a Photoshop technique from the Cartographer's Guild.

Would love feedback.

damned
January 21st, 2017, 06:56
You might try to show the more elevated areas more clearly or add elevated areas if there arent any :)
The map looks excellent though.

Tailz Silver Paws
January 21st, 2017, 12:10
Nice map, but where are the mountain ranges?

Bidmaron
January 21st, 2017, 13:40
It needs a scale. It might not have any mountain ranges or any topography beyond the wrinkles implied with the highlighting. I think it is gorgeous and assuming that it covers only about 300 miles, it is perfectly reasonable there are no mountains (Kansas and Oklahoma north of the Arbuckles is about that area, and it is mountainless though certainly not flat).

damned
January 21st, 2017, 13:57
It needs a scale. It might not have any mountain ranges or any topography beyond the wrinkles implied with the highlighting. I think it is gorgeous and assuming that it covers only about 300 miles, it is perfectly reasonable there are no mountains (Kansas and Oklahoma north of the Arbuckles is about that area, and it is mountainless though certainly not flat).

Kansas and Oklahoma are not peninsulas sticking out into the water though... the type of geography depicted would typically have mountainous spines...

Bidmaron
January 21st, 2017, 15:19
Florida has no mountains. And this is fantasy. If he wants flat peninsulas, so be it.

Royalwolf
January 21st, 2017, 21:06
very well done, IMO

I like the style

swbuza
January 21st, 2017, 23:44
Thanks for the replies. This was just a little region of a world made up for some quick adventures, and was my first try at the style. I intentionally did not include any major elevation. The high point on the map is actually in the desert.

damned
January 22nd, 2017, 00:01
Thanks for the replies. This was just a little region of a world made up for some quick adventures, and was my first try at the style. I intentionally did not include any major elevation. The high point on the map is actually in the desert.

Well I think everyone has agreed they look great. keep it up and thanks for sharing.

LindseyFan
January 29th, 2017, 23:32
amazing work!