PDA

View Full Version : Custom Classes Not Working

Demonhart
January 21st, 2017, 00:32
I'll start this by saying this may not be in the right place and it may have already been answered, but I searched and can't find the answer. So if so I apologize in advance.

With the recent update I went in and toyed with creating a custom specialty on one of the classes. With a minor learning curve I was able to figured out how to create and format it and I can see it. Also, if I create a PC it shows up in the options and allows me to use it.

However, when any of my players load in the can't see the changes I made and they also cannot use it. I'm out of options, has anyone seen this?

Remedeez
January 21st, 2017, 00:44
I'm not sure if this is pertinent, but have you "shared" the edit you made, like drag-dropping it into chat which should set it to be Public to the players?

Demonhart
January 21st, 2017, 01:06
Hmm no I haven't tried that, I'll give it a shot

damned
January 21st, 2017, 03:04
Export it as a module and share the module.

dark_saiyan
March 6th, 2017, 23:33
Hey folks, like Demonhart I have added some custom races to my game. I figured out how to share to my players, but some of the features are not working correctly. I viewed the tutorial on how to create races, and was careful to use the same language as the existing races.

One of my races has the "Toughness" feature like the Hill Dwarf. I copied the wording exactly from the Hill Dwarf entry, but FG does not add the extra hit point. It works if I use the Dwarf race, but it does not work on my race. My entry reads-

Your Hit Point Maximum increases by 1, and it increases by 1 every time you gain a level.

-exactly as the Dwarf entry. Am I missing something simple, or does FG not recognize Hit Point increase?

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2017, 04:27
The bonus is keyed specifically to "Dwarven Toughness", not just "Toughness".

JPG

dark_saiyan
March 9th, 2017, 05:50
Awesome! That you very much! It's odd to have it say "Dwarven Toughness" when you are not a Dwarf, but it works like a charm!