PDA

View Full Version : Steam Purchases

Jiminimonka
January 20th, 2017, 21:54
How can I get my Steam purchases added to my account so I don't have to use Steam to play FG? Currently having an issue with updating to 3.2.2 (its shows update successful but still is 3.2.1) and the only issue I can see what an update error when getting stuff from Steam.

I deleted my extensions folder but that made no difference.

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
January 20th, 2017, 22:00
Try using the webinstaller (from the store - just click on the demo download). Make sure that you have the check steam box unticked and that your license key username and password are correct and do an update. Once that finishes and you have v3.2.2. then go back into setting sand tick the Check steam for DLC box and update again.

Wookiee420
January 20th, 2017, 22:02
in the settings on your FG launcher there is a checkbox for searching for steam purchases

edit: JINX YOU OWE ME A COKE

Jiminimonka
January 20th, 2017, 22:48
That did not work. Update completes with an error "one or more didnt update please contact" and can't see the rest. Still shows me as 3.2.1 When I login to Rob2e table I get an error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:688: attempt to call field 'setDefaultChildCategory' (a nil value)

and when I open a map:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:160: attempt to call global 'setTooltipText' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2017, 22:55
It sounds similar to the problem some people have when they have more than one installation for FG on their machine. If you right click on the FG shortcut you are using, make sure that the Target and Start in fields use the same directory as the one in your FG app directory setting.

Regards,
JPG

Jiminimonka
January 20th, 2017, 23:03
I am launching from Steam, however I do have only one installation of FG on my machine, and this problem never happened before. I will have to try some things after I finish playing tonights session as quitting the game and restarting slows things down for the DM and other players too much!

Jiminimonka
January 21st, 2017, 00:38
Got it fixed. Steam seems to make an extra folder that doesnt contain data just the updater and couple of other .exe. I updated via that instead of the launcher and it worked.

Thanks for the help.