PDA

View Full Version : LMoP then SKT LFP min 3 max 5

gagsmith
January 20th, 2017, 15:21
FG License: I have Ultimate, you just need the demo
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Sundays 10AM-2PM, weekly.
If new game, planned start date: February 5, 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: End of Module, hopefully then pivot to Storm King's Thunder

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak or Discord, whatever the players prefer

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50. I like RP quite a bit, though my accents are terrible.
Number of Players in game & needed: I'll take up to 5, no less than 3.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, Array or Point Buy, Equipment per Class/Background
Character restrictions: No flyers, basically any other WOTC character option is OK. Have a very good back-story if you want to play a monstrous race. Will entertain Unearthed Arcana classes on a case by case basis. I reserve the right to veto anything I think smacks of power gaming.

Details of your scenario: If you don't know Lost Mine of Phandelver is the starter box adventure. I've played in in but not run it. Once the adventure is complete we would then transition to SKT (as I find the SKT starter adventure to be BAD, but the rest of the module pretty solid).

I know asking for people who've not played in the module is going to be a tough ask but those applicants with move to the top of the list.

About Me: I've GM'ed Rise of the Runelords, Kingmaker on the Pathfinder side, and am currently playing Princes of the Apocalypse IRL. I've run some Out of the Abyss here on Fantasy Grounds, sadly that game fell apart due to scheduling.

I'm a foul mouthed, fun having GM, and I prefer to play with adults. I like to think of myself as fair and am dedicated to the notion that the players determine the course of the story, I simply administrate the consequences.

Be reliable. Be cool to each other and we'll be all good.

Applicants

Please post your name, character concept, gaming experience in general and with 5E specifically and we'll go from there.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Diomitus
January 20th, 2017, 22:24
I'd like to reserve a spot for now if that's ok?
It looks like the schedule is perfect but I just need to confirm future dates.

I'm 28, experienced with 5e & FG, made it halfway through LMoP then scheduling broke it off, never played SKT, have done some homebrew DMing.

I have a few characters with back stories that I can play if newer players want to play a certain class.

Swashbuckling Rogue (Human)

Eldritch Knight (Human)

Tempest Cleric (Human)

Paladin of Vengeance (Dragonborn)

Barbarian (Human or Half Orc)

Wizard (Human probably)

Question: How do you play out wild magic for sorcerers?

gagsmith
January 20th, 2017, 23:19
Thanks for the reply!

Your versatility in character concepts will definitely help.

RE: Wild Magic, truth be told I've not played in a game with involving the Wild Magic, Are you inquiring about the Tides of Chaos Class Feature?

Diomitus
January 20th, 2017, 23:51
Yep!
But odds are I'd play a different class

AttenOke
January 21st, 2017, 00:58
Well, if you don't mind someone jumping in who up till today has zero experience with VTTs - I'm in.

I'm old (38 - I think - maybe 39 - will do the math later)...
I'm military (which is why I want to try VTT's, all my in person groups have a tendency to fall apart with moves, etc)
I'm equally foul mouthed and fun loving.

Been playing rpgs since high school... which was a long f'n time ago. Tons of experience with 2E, 3/3.5E, etc... but only recently got back into it so my 5E experience is good, but still learning the intricacies. Never played either of your proposed campaigns yet; my experience so far is only with Princes.

I can play just about any character but have a preference for stealth based characters. Rogue, or in 5E the idea of a "sneaky illusionist-type" is a concept I've been toying with. I'll adjust depending on other players.

I feel like I'm applying for a job right now. lol

So yeah... let me know.

Diomitus
January 21st, 2017, 01:03
What branch?

AttenOke
January 21st, 2017, 01:06
Air.

Diomitus
January 21st, 2017, 01:06
Hell yea! I'm Marine Corps

Diomitus
January 21st, 2017, 01:08
By the way Gagsmith, I'm definitely in on the game.

AttenOke
January 21st, 2017, 01:59
Nice! I'm seeing if a buddy of mine wants to give the online thing a go as well. We'll see.

Oh and I should mention as I forgot in my last, I've played neither adventure in the past - my only 5E experience thus far was with Princes, so both will be new to me.

Diomitus
January 21st, 2017, 02:17
Sweet

Gears 4 Ian
January 21st, 2017, 12:48
Hello! I'm interested in joining the group if there's still room. I'm new to 5E and FG, but I've played past editions of D&D and other RPGs. I haven't played any of the Adventurers League content. I was thinking about playing a Dwarf Monk.
- Dan

gagsmith
January 21st, 2017, 13:31
AttenOke & Diomitus, Thank you for your service guys.

@AttenOke I too do the "How old am I math" and we are around the same age

Welcome to both of you.

@Gears 4 Ian we still have room and consider yourself in

I also received a PM from an interested party for that would make 4.

I'll keep "applications" *eyeroll* open for a while.

Sounds like:

Dwarf Monk

Sneaky Rogue or Illusionist

so far have been called.How about the rest of you guys?

Also will you all need help with Character Creation or you good? Let me know!

ash1881
January 21st, 2017, 14:22
Hopefully your roster isn't full yet. If you have still room, I'd love to play in the game. I've been playing D&D since the beginning, and have been playing some 5th ed lately (notably, not LMoP), but would like to move to it as my edition of choice. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but I'm a quick learner. I think gaming-wise, we've got a similar philosophy. I believe in making sure everyone has a good time, and that we make a great story.

Character-wise, I'd be most into a gnome wizard (transmuter - kind of an academic philosopher about magic and the multiverse)), a human warlock (Great Old One, Pact of the Tome - definite Lovecraftian tones), a half-orc fighter (champion, but background as a former sailor/sea-dog), or a dwarven cleric (Life domain, unless you'd allow Protection from one of the Unearthed Arcana articles). As you can see, I'm willing to play just about anything.

If this game is full, please keep me in mind as a back-up, or for future games.

Thanks,

Ash

porthios
January 21st, 2017, 15:09
Hello everyone haven't built the character yet but I have been toying with the idea of a Half Elf Druid. I will hopefully have some better details once I have him completely figured out. Looking forward to the game!

Srekcins
January 21st, 2017, 16:30
Good morning, would you be allowing multi-classes? The time should be good for me and I've been wanting to play a paladin/spellcaster (I was thinking sorcerer), if there's still room available.

AttenOke
January 21st, 2017, 23:18
I'm good with character creation. The first session or so you may need to put up with my learning the Fantasy Grounds software but beyond that I'm good.

gagsmith
January 22nd, 2017, 13:56
@ash1881 welcome you would make 5 and we'll be capped.

@srekins I'll keep you as first reserve if we have someone drop out.

For the players please PM me your builds once you have them and we'll be ready to go for Feb 5TH

Diomitus
January 22nd, 2017, 14:07
Alright Players,
What is everyone going to be?

Diomitus
January 22nd, 2017, 14:08
Also @Gagsmith do you have a game calendar established?

ash1881
January 22nd, 2017, 19:30
Greetings, everyone... another AF vet here. As I mentioned in my post earlier, I've got a number of character concepts I'd be happy playing. I'm okay with seeing what everyone else wants, then going with whatever best rounds out the party.

Looking forward to game!

Cullen
January 23rd, 2017, 00:35
I see that you are most likely full now, but if you ever have space for another I would be interested. Another Vet here, served in two actually with the Army and Navy along the way. Anyway please place me on an interested reserve roster if you'd like and if space opened I'd go with something suitable to the team composition at that time.

gagsmith
January 23rd, 2017, 02:40
@Cullen I'll put you on our backup list if we have a dropout.

I've set up and sent Game Calendar invites.

gagsmith
January 23rd, 2017, 18:21
Here is the game calendar link:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2371

gagsmith
January 30th, 2017, 02:16
Do you guys have a preference for voice program. I've used teamspeak before but would be happy to try discord. Let me know.

chopkins779
January 30th, 2017, 04:01
Name: Chris

Character Concept: Dark Jack, halfling druid. He wears the mask of a large jackalope skull that is possessed by a daemonfey. He prefers guile and trickery to brute force.

General Experience: 6 years; 3.5, pathfinder, 4e and 5e
5e Experience: 4 years DMing, 2 years playing.

AttenOke
January 30th, 2017, 12:05
Do you guys have a preference for voice program. I've used teamspeak before but would be happy to try discord. Let me know.

I can do any/either. Just let me know ahead of time so I can make sure I'm setup.

ash1881
January 30th, 2017, 12:45
I'm good with either one.

OldJarhead
January 30th, 2017, 12:47
Hell yea! I'm Marine Corps

OohRah Warrior! SF

AttenOke
January 30th, 2017, 17:20
I'm good with either one.

And together we are TEAM INDECISIVE!!!! lol

Diomitus
January 30th, 2017, 21:01
I've had a much easier time with Teamspeak.
Discord got a bit cumbersome.

Diomitus
January 30th, 2017, 21:03
Rah!! Sf

gagsmith
February 1st, 2017, 02:06
Ok Teamspeak it is.

Srekcins
February 7th, 2017, 00:52
Well, I've had no problem whatsoever with the maps in my Monday Pathfinder game after a clean install of FG. Hopefully, that fixes the isue I was having yesterday morning. Gagsmith, if you have the time available one evening later this week, I would appreciate being able to simply log in to see if everything loads properly.

gagsmith
February 7th, 2017, 00:58
Absolutely. How's your Thursday evening?

Srekcins
February 7th, 2017, 02:47
Thursday evening should be just fine with me, barring some abnormal circumstance where I'm required to work late. Anything after 17:00 EST should be good for me. Let me know what time would be good for you.

gagsmith
February 7th, 2017, 11:53
18:00? I'd have about 30 minutes then or after 21:00. You tell me

Srekcins
February 7th, 2017, 12:28
21:00 sounds good to me.

gagsmith
February 7th, 2017, 12:47
Ok great, I'll see you then

gagsmith
February 8th, 2017, 14:12
We are looking for one more player. I've reached out to those who have commented on the forum here but received no response. I'll open up the game calendar.

Dhamon
February 8th, 2017, 15:37
I like to Join you guys if you need one more i will play any class you need i am some what new to DnD have read the rule and watchs the Videos on youtube on how to use FG

gagsmith
April 3rd, 2017, 11:52
Looks like I need to fill a spot. Current Group is Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Wizard. Shoot me a message!

bearskull
April 4th, 2017, 05:20
I would actually be interested in this. I have never played this module, and have tried to run SKT but only got to the first area... The times actually work for exactly what im looking for. 10am would be 9am for me ((cst)) and i could play and then go to work after :-D. Very experienced with DND 5e

fightingcrow60
April 9th, 2017, 01:28
Hey guys, just saw this thread - looks like we got a military crew going! I'm active AF too (fighter crewchief) this group looks awesome. I'm pretty familiar with 5e, ran most of HotDQ before I got an assignment and been looking for a new group ever since. I have had FG since mid-2015 and I have tinkered around with it quite a bit, but never played in an actual game, so I don't really know what the interface looks like from the player perspective. Very comfortable with char-building though. Some of my favorite ideas are: half-orc rogue, aasimar cleric and tiefling warlock. Really just looking for a steady group, so I can have fun playing any class. Looks like a Bard might be a good addition to the Paladin/Cleric/Ranger/Wizard party. If you still have room please let me know!

gagsmith
June 4th, 2017, 15:26
OK looks like we have two openings current crew is:

Bounty Hunter Ranger 5
Cleric of Kelemvor 5
Paladin of Vengeance 5
Barbarian 5

Preferably looking for at least one Arcane caster.

Shoot me a message here for consideration.