PDA

View Full Version : Script Errors unless updating before starting FG

fpg909
January 19th, 2017, 18:01
Greetings; After the March update to 3.1.7 I continue to have the script error noted below. I have tried to update corerpg and 5(e) as some posts suggested but that did not fix the script error. It occurs whenever clicking characters/notes/NPC's etc (all of them) but not for combat tracker or any of the effects/colors etc.,

I receive the error with DCC ruleset as well with the same consistent behavior. So far, my work around is to update the software before using any of my campaigns. This works as a temp fix. It will display the script error for every other start-up UNLESS I update it.

Is there a fix for this that I might have overlooked in the forums? So far nothing I have tried has worked.

Using Rulesets 3.5 / CoreRPG; version 3.2.2 (no extensions enabled)
FG ultimate 3.1.7 (2016-03)

script error recieved;
Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library.lua"]:67: attempt to call field 'toggleWindow' (a nil value)

fpg909
January 19th, 2017, 18:38
Well, it only took me months but I figured it out. The old short cut I had on the desktop would roll back to V 3.1.7. Not sure how that can be, but after updating the short cut on windows desktop the problem appears to be solved. I wish I would have noticed that prior to posting, but having all the information in one place is how isolated it...sorry to waste your time.

Crisis averted. Drill concluded...however you want to put it :)

LordEntrails
January 19th, 2017, 19:02
Sounds like you probably have 2 instances of FG installed. If you remember where your old shortcut pointed, you can check there.

Glad you got it resolved :)

Trenloe
January 19th, 2017, 22:16
Yep, see #2 in the list here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc