PDA

View Full Version : vorpal sword

Evion
January 19th, 2017, 12:36
HELP! :)
how do i code the vorpal sword to do what it does, heres the text

You gain a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. In addition, the weapon ignores resistance to slashing damage.
the part i need help with, is by passing resistance without by-passing immunity
like i know monsters have the !magic so when they get attacked by magic weapons it by-passes there resistance, but a barbarian rage doesnt have the !magic, but the sword still by-passes its resistance in a game, how do i code this so it works in FG

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2017, 15:32
You can't do this from the weapon side of things (I.e. You can't add a property to the weapon). I think the only way might be to add a !slashing to the target just before an attack is make and that target has resistance to slashing but not to resistance from non magic weapons. I don't think there's many beasts who have slashing resistance from magic weapons, so it shouldn't come up often.

Evion
January 21st, 2017, 07:19
barbarians have resistance to slashing from none magic and magic weapons :)
thx so i would have to add that as a power that targets, with the !slashing,
but wouldn't that also go throw immunity? ill test it out with creatures that are immune.
thx zac your always a great help

El Condoro
January 21st, 2017, 10:03
You can fudge it a bit. Add an action to make the target VULN:slashing and use it after a hit and before rolling damage. The problem, of course, is that you need to know that the target has RESIST:slashing before using it, otherwise targets will get double damage.