PDA

View Full Version : Two new players looking for 5th edition

Kaelthas
January 19th, 2017, 02:25
Hello one and all,

Myself and one other are looking to join a group for 5e. A little background, I GMd CoC for two years using a time to harvest and made the transition to 5e where I have 8 players in a homebrew game. I would like to see what the other side is like now.

Availability:Monday through Thursday
Time: 5pm-10pm pst
Players 2
We both can pay for accounts if needed!

If you have any questions let me know.

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 02:31
Hello Kaelthas, and Welcome! to the Community,

Your best bet in finding a game is to keep a close eye on the LFG (Looking For Group) Forum and send a personal mail or a post to the GM running any game that interests you. Be pro-active - there are normally more players than slots available, but you should find something before too long. :)

In the meantime, if you guys haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Kaelthas
January 19th, 2017, 02:39
Dulux Oz thanks for the information, one questipn on the gaming calendar is that also a good way to find games? It seems like they aren't updated as frequently from the GMs. Just trying to get in and start playing, 3 years of GMing every week makes a guy very tired.

damned
January 19th, 2017, 04:13
You are correct - most GMs do not keep the calendar updated.
As with your RL group once the group is established very little ongoing recruitment occurs.
Keep an eye on the forums is your best option.
And whack your players and tell them its time one of them took a turn - even if its just for a month.

Andraax
January 19th, 2017, 04:29
I'm still recruiting for Castles and Crusades, looks like it will into your schedule. Not 5E, but close.

JohnD
January 19th, 2017, 17:46
Dulux Oz thanks for the information, one questipn on the gaming calendar is that also a good way to find games? It seems like they aren't updated as frequently from the GMs. Just trying to get in and start playing, 3 years of GMing every week makes a guy very tired.

Why aren't your appreciative players stepping up to give you a break? There's a question.

Kaelthas
January 20th, 2017, 01:28
I'm still recruiting for Castles and Crusades, looks like it will into your schedule. Not 5E, but close.

I talked it over with the other member and while we are flattered we are looking for a bit more sorcery. I really appreciate you taking the time to invite us though!

Why aren't your appreciative players stepping up to give you a break? There's a question.

The sad truth is if I don't run it, no RPG that week. Two have expressed interest even bought a book or two and started reading, but it ends in one session if anything. One seems to be getting more engaged and planning, but I will just have to wait and see. Anyway DM for three years now, really looking to see what the other side is like and looking forward to that!

wthrasherb
January 22nd, 2017, 04:49
Check out my post below and see if it interests you...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36210-LF-4-5-Players-Weekly-Long-Term-D-amp-D-5E-Primeval-Thule-(D-amp-D-Conan)