PDA

View Full Version : Hi , Greetings and salutations

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 20:55
My wife bought me a dnd starter set for 5th edition as a birthday present, because i used to play 3.5 when i was younger, sadly , noone around where i live plays the game, so i am giving this a shot, i just downloaded fantasy grounds today. hoping to find a dnd 5th edition ( hopefully starter set story =) ) or anything really , thanks in advance.

Calisto
January 18th, 2017, 21:13
Greetings! You'll find a friendly group here and while the initial learning curve may seem steep FG is an amazing tool to play D&D (and other RPGs) online. I've started about a year ago and have been running Curse of Strahd for old friends, now separated by responsibilities of life + distance, with great success.

To play 5e you can join a game for free if the host has an ultimate license otherwise you would need a standard license to join a game. You can purchase the 5e products like Players Handbook, Monster Manual, DMG but they are not needed since the 5e SRD are included for free.

Feel free to ask questions, check out the wiki and watch a few videos. Lots of resources to help get you going whether your goal is to play or run your own game. Have fun!

LindseyFan
January 18th, 2017, 21:42
Welcome Patrick! You've come to the right place if you are looking for some 5e D&D action! I'm pretty new here, but from what I have experienced, the community is incredible. And of course so is getting to play more D&D than you can handle.

I won't be the last person to mention this, but the first couple of hours the learning curve is steep, but after that it is super simple. Take the time to watch some tutorials like the Delux-Oz ones. That's what I learn off of. Though I watched more later, the Delux-Oz ones will giving you the most thorough education.

So, welcome again and I hope you enjoy all FG has to offer!

Calisto
January 18th, 2017, 21:44
I just saw this post that might help you, a new game for 5e LMoP (Lost Mines of Phandelver) seeking players. This is the best adventure to get your feet wet with 5e, if the time works for you it might be worth signing up.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36179-looking-for-players-for-a-5e-LMOP-campaign

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 23:11
Ty all for the welcome ��

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 00:16
Take the time to watch some tutorials like the Delux-Oz ones.

Ummm - its "Dulux-Oz" not "Delux-Oz" :)

LindseyFan
January 19th, 2017, 00:44
Ummm - its "Dulux-Oz" not "Delux-Oz" :)
Maybe it was the only way I could get your attention? lol :) Now your signature is here for Patrick to check out.

PatrickDenton
January 19th, 2017, 03:19
Signature?

Royalwolf
January 19th, 2017, 03:34
Signature?

the part below his post - with all the links to tutorials/youtubes

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 04:18
Maybe it was the only way I could get your attention? lol :) Now your signature is here for Patrick to check out.

Sneaky - I like it :)

Tell me, does your other half constantly look over their shoulder when you're in the same room :p

PatrickDenton
January 24th, 2017, 21:55
any games going on tonight? for dnd 5th edition i have standard subscription though no dnd books