PDA

View Full Version : D&D5e Spell Pips

mhorgunn
January 18th, 2017, 20:13
As we move to figure things out ... we are having a problem getting the spell counter pips on our action page of the character sheet in the D&D 5e games. When I create a character that uses spells, the pips to keep track of the spell show with the 1st level spells. After that it never updates. Maybe we are not up dating properly.

Any thoughts?

irish_carbomb
January 18th, 2017, 20:23
The easiest way to level up with a PC is to click on the Magnifying glass next to your class, then grab the Dragon or Shield icon on the right side of your class and drag it over on to the level. That should automatically add almost everything associated with the new level.

If your spell counts are not getting updated, just click on the Combat/Prep button at the bottom left of the Actions page, and go into preparation mode. You can then just change the number associated with each spell level.

LordEntrails
January 18th, 2017, 20:40
I think Irish is probably right, how are you leveling up? If you are typing in a number and not doing drag & drop from the PHB, then you won't get the spell slot automatically.

mhorgunn
January 18th, 2017, 21:09
That is probably what we are doing wrong. I believe we tried dragging from another source. Will give this a try. Thanks!

mhorgunn
January 18th, 2017, 21:38
That did it!!! I don't know how you put up with all us immortal newbies!

GarthGiantbane
January 19th, 2017, 00:04
The easiest way to level up with a PC is to click on the Magnifying glass next to your class, then grab the Dragon or Shield icon on the right side of your class and drag it over on to the level. That should automatically add almost everything associated with the new level.

If your spell counts are not getting updated, just click on the Combat/Prep button at the bottom left of the Actions page, and go into preparation mode. You can then just change the number associated with each spell level.

I didn't know you could do that - thanks for the tip!