PDA

View Full Version : 3.2.2 Bug Report Thread

Moon Wizard
January 18th, 2017, 18:15
Please post any issues related to v3.2.2 in this thread.

Thanks,
JPG

Trenloe
January 18th, 2017, 23:27
And, before you do post, remember to check extensions/old versions of rulesets/update completed properly, etc.. Some details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

January 18th, 2017, 23:37
Clicking image link for Boots of Striding and Springing and Gauntlets of Ogre Power from LMoP produces following error:

Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open. Check your active Library modules.

I verified the LMoP module is open and shared to players.

Moon Wizard
January 18th, 2017, 23:47
On that note, you should not share your adventure modules with players, because they can open the module and read the whole adventure. Just share the individual records you need to share during the campaign (map, images, etc.).

The images for those items have never been included with the LMoP module, but are available if you have the DMG open. I'll report internally to see how whether they should be included.

Regards,
JPG

January 18th, 2017, 23:59
Understood. I do not share when playing, just for testing this issue. Thanks for the reply.

BnaaUK
January 19th, 2017, 01:56
In the 5e ruleset, the Bard class has Font of Inspiration set at the levels when it should increase the Bardic Inspiration die. Font of Inspiration should only be listed at level 5.

Reosoul
January 19th, 2017, 03:28
Load a 5E campaign with many modules loaded.
Click on Items button
Click on any magical item listed

"Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (ref_magicitem_header)
Ruleset Error: window: Control (reftype) anchoring to uncalculated control (name) in windowclass (ref_magicitem_header)
Ruleset Error: window: Control (reftype) anchoring to uncalculated control (name) in windowclass (ref_magicitem_header)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (ref_magicitem_header)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (ref_magicitem_header)
"

Set Group to "New"
Click on a CUSTOM magic item
Receive a never ending-spam of the below error message.

"Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (item_header)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (nonid_name) in windowclass (item_header)"

Errors stop if you simply close the window.

Moon Wizard
January 19th, 2017, 03:45
I'm not seeing this on my machine.

* Can you verify that you do not have a 5E folder in the rulesets subfolder of your FG data folder? (FG data folder accessible from folder button in upper right of FG launch screen.)
* Can you disable any extensions for your campaign, and see if you have same problem?

Thanks,
JPG

Reosoul
January 19th, 2017, 03:53
I'm not seeing this on my machine.

* Can you verify that you do not have a 5E folder in the rulesets subfolder of your FG data folder? (FG data folder accessible from folder button in upper right of FG launch screen.)
* Can you disable any extensions for your campaign, and see if you have same problem?

Thanks,
JPG

I do have a 5E folder under rulesets, but didn't remove it first.
Turned off my extensions first and that resolved the issue, going to try and figure out which one is causing it.

It appears the 5E Wizards Theme is what's breaking everything.

Moon Wizard
January 19th, 2017, 04:05
Make sure to remove the 5E folder in your rulesets, because that will override the new one. You only need to expand the rulesets into folders if you are developing, and then you need to be aware that these will override new released versions.

Just checked the 5E Wizards theme on my side, and it doesn't cause a problem with the correct 5E ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

cas206
January 19th, 2017, 04:28
During the update, I got a failure to update on POTA. A second run of the updater seemed to fix it. So all good in the end. Just posting as a data point.

Reosoul
January 19th, 2017, 04:30
Make sure to remove the 5E folder in your rulesets, because that will override the new one. You only need to expand the rulesets into folders if you are developing, and then you need to be aware that these will override new released versions.

Just checked the 5E Wizards theme on my side, and it doesn't cause a problem with the correct 5E ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

That fixed it, thank you!

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 04:36
Not a bug, just more of a question/suggestion.

Is is possible to "force" the FG Updater to re-download all the files available?

Moon Wizard
January 19th, 2017, 04:41
No. However, it does do a checksum to see if the file has changed or is missing since the last update. To force a download, just delete the ruleset/module/extension you want to reload (or the vault/<productid>/ directory)

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 05:23
No. However, it does do a checksum to see if the file has changed or is missing since the last update. To force a download, just delete the ruleset/module/extension you want to reload (or the vault/<productid>/ directory)

Regards,
JPG

Yeah, that's what I currently do - and I was wanting confirmation that that wa the way to do it or information on a better way if a better way existed - thanks :)

Targas
January 20th, 2017, 11:22
Version 3.2.2 (2017-01)

[CoreRPG+] Added encounter output option to rollable tables. (only NPC/Encounter links will be added)
>> Encounter output will always result to _1_ encounter type amount, not considering table prefix, e.g. [2d6] Monstertype when set to 'encounter' Output. Chat Output works fine.

Andraax
January 21st, 2017, 00:59
In the C&C ruleset, I can create new races and classes (or drag and drop an existing one to create a copy). After this, I can edit the resulting race or class. However, I can't change the name - that is the one field that is not editable.

dulux-oz
January 21st, 2017, 01:48
Is the SavageWorld footer_wide.png and footer_narrow.png images supposed to be the exact same image (apart from the different name)? In all other "core" Rulesets they are different images.

Moon Wizard
January 21st, 2017, 06:50
Yes, the footer_wide and footer_narrow graphic have always been the same in the SW ruleset. I went back and checked the SavageWorlds3 ruleset build from before it was migrated to CoreRPG.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
January 21st, 2017, 08:06
OK - thanks :)

rhoule6819
January 21st, 2017, 11:59
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:688: attempt to call field 'setDefaultChildCategory' (a nil value)

I am getting this script error any time I try to open any of the tab's of any of my campaign (Story, quest, parcels etc). On top of that none of my campaign data or modules are showing up (though they are all still there in the app data folder). I have tried loading any campaign with no extensions installed and still not working. Any help would be appropriated as I have a game in 2 days.

damned
January 21st, 2017, 12:06
Hi rhoule6819 it helps if you also say what ruleset you are using?
Also report what ruleset version (from chat) and corerpg version (also from chat) that you are using.

rhoule6819
January 21st, 2017, 12:15
Hi rhoule6819 it helps if you also say what ruleset you are using?
Also report what ruleset version (from chat) and corerpg version (also from chat) that you are using.

I am using the PFRPG rules v3.2.2 and CoreRPG ruleset v.3.2.2

Vhok
January 21st, 2017, 23:20
ever since the patch I have been unable to drag and drop in pathfinder everyone in my group is having the same problem.

valeros
January 22nd, 2017, 00:32
For the 4E ruleset, I am seeing the following:
1) Powers now seem to expect the flavor text field to be "formattedtext" instead of "string". Right now an error pops up any time opening a power. (I can change the parser for that if that is what it should be now and will not break anything else.)
2) For Powers and Feats, the "description" and "shortdescription" are both shown by default. That is probably intentional to allow editing now that new Powers and Feats can be created, but they are repeats of each other (just a difference in formatting.) If both are going to be shown, then I would recommend showing "description" first since that one has more formatting associated with it and looks better than "shortdescription."
3) I cannot create custom Powers and Feats by dragging and dropping an existing Power or Feat like I can NPCs or Items. (This may be operator error but it works with NPCs and Items.) I can create new empty Powers and Feats.

marcusrife
January 23rd, 2017, 01:01
For 5e when creating classes, backgrounds, and feats there is no right click option to create bolded, underlines, etc. text. Also, when using a created class I am having trouble with FG recognizing the first level proficiencies when adding the class to a character. I have formatted them the same way as the default classes yet I get "Unknown class proficiency type." when adding to a character.

damned
January 23rd, 2017, 01:04
For 5e when creating classes, backgrounds, and feats there is no right click option to create bolded, underlines, etc. text. Also, when using a created class I am having trouble with FG recognizing the first level proficiencies when adding the class to a character. I have formatted them the same way as the default classes yet I get "Unknown class proficiency type." when adding to a character.

I dont believe right click formatting exists anywhere in FG for those. Just use Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, Ctrl+I.

I have seen others having trouble with the same issue on creating new content...

marcusrife
January 23rd, 2017, 01:10
If you right click in a 'story' window the option comes up on the wheel for 'formatting' if you right click on highlighted text.

Moon Wizard
January 23rd, 2017, 04:31
Fantasy Grounds doesn't have text modes which you toggle to stay permanently in bold, underline or italic.

Instead, you select a block of text, and then those formatting options are available via the right-click menu or using the keyboard shortcuts damned mentioned.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 23rd, 2017, 04:34
rhoule6819,

What version are you seeing on the FG launch screen? If it does not read v3.2.2, then please check that the properties for the shortcut you are using to launch FG is using the same file path as the app data setting in the FG Settings.

Also, are you launching from Steam or using the shortcut installed on your desktop by the FG installer?

Regards,
JPG

damned
January 23rd, 2017, 04:35

Fantasy Grounds doesn't have text modes which you toggle to stay permanently in bold, underline or italic.

Instead, you select a block of text, and then those formatting options are available via the right-click menu or using the keyboard shortcuts damned mentioned.

Regards,
JPG

Hi JPG it appears that formatting menu option isnt available in the new Class/Race etc windows. The keyboard shortcuts still work.
I had no idea it was ever there in Story either! :)

Old Man
January 23rd, 2017, 09:38
I get Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:688: attempt to call field 'setDefaultChildCategory' (a nil value) from ITEMS, NPC'S and more Menu Points on the right Side on every CoreRuleset Based Ruleset. CoreRuleset itself throw same error. Fantasy Ground is not usable at the Moment with Coreruleset Based Rulesets like E5.

Did we get an bug fix soon or is the anything i can do in the coreRuleset. Want to host a game Tomorrow. Please HELP!

CoreRuleset is in new Version 3.2.2 Checked yesterday!

Zacchaeus
January 23rd, 2017, 10:27
I get Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:688: attempt to call field 'setDefaultChildCategory' (a nil value) from ITEMS, NPC'S and more Menu Points on the right Side on every CoreRuleset Based Ruleset. CoreRuleset itself throw same error. Fantasy Ground is not usable at the Moment with Coreruleset Based Rulesets like E5.

Did we get an bug fix soon or is the anything i can do in the coreRuleset. Want to host a game Tomorrow. Please HELP!

Hi Old Man, welcome to FG and to the community.

Are you saying you are getting this error in every ruleset including 5e? Does this happen on a fresh campaign with no extensions? Are you using any extensions?

If this error persists in a new campaign then you may have an open ruleset in your rulesets folder. Open the rulesets folder and check that there are only .pak files and that you don't have an .tmp files or any duplicates. If there are delete them and do an update.

Old Man
January 23rd, 2017, 10:33
Thanks Zacchaeus for the welcome. Yes 5e was also affected. I think I have an corrupt CoreRuleset file.

After re-installation of FG the Problem is gone!

Trashkicker
January 24th, 2017, 19:49
[PFRPG] Added CR and XP auto-calculation buttons to encounters.

If you generate the encounter from the random encounter section the auto calculator is not implemented.

Trenloe
January 24th, 2017, 19:56
[PFRPG] Added CR and XP auto-calculation buttons to encounters.

If you generate the encounter from the random encounter section the auto calculator is not implemented.

Unlock the record (click the padlock icon in the top left) and then the refresh buttons are available.

Trashkicker
January 24th, 2017, 21:41
Funny story as I was just messing with them again a minute ago I discovered this out myself, and then felt foolish :cry:

Trenloe
January 24th, 2017, 21:48
Funny story as I was just messing with them again a minute ago I discovered this out myself, and then felt foolish :cry:
Don't worry. :) I think it would be a good idea if the new encounter record was created unlocked - would allow quick and easy modification and show the refresh buttons too.

spite
January 24th, 2017, 22:21
I've started getting this error
Runtime Notice: Host session started
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Campaign Creation/CampaignRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Campaign Creation/db.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Campaign Creation/moduledb/4E Player's Handbook.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

Every time the campaign tries to save. Haven't changed anything recently that I know of. does anyone know what's the fix? Never used to happen.

Andraax
January 24th, 2017, 22:23
You don't have permission to write to C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds

Windows AV probably changed the permissions on you - you need to change it back.

spite
January 24th, 2017, 22:26
You don't have permission to write to C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds

Windows AV probably changed the permissions on you - you need to change it back.

Ah for some reason it had changed to Read-Only. Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully this will resolve it.

spite
January 25th, 2017, 00:07
It didnt. For some reason, my entire program data folder is stuck in read only. I cannot figure out why, or how to change it. Doubt it's related to Fantasy Grounds, but does anyone have any ideas?

damned
January 25th, 2017, 00:32
Ignore the readonly - its the permissions write and modify that are most likely the issue here.

spite
January 25th, 2017, 03:23
Ignore the readonly - its the permissions write and modify that are most likely the issue here.

Nope I figured it out. I'm smart and had randomly made ProgramData a hidden folder. Sorted.

Yrislov
January 26th, 2017, 06:25
After updating I get the following error after loading my campaign.

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library_5E.lua"]:160: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)

I looked for temp files but didn't find any. My sidebar icons aren't all loading properly. Missing spells, races, classes and something else I can't figure out.

I have tried the default 5e campaign with the same error. All extensions are turned off. I deleted my 5e ruleset and re-updated. Still same problem. Can no longer see spells, classes, races, etc.

Yrislov

ps I'll delete my other thread. update:: or not. Didn't realize I couldn't delete a thread I created.

damned
January 26th, 2017, 07:30
After updating I get the following error after loading my campaign.

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library_5E.lua"]:160: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)

I looked for temp files but didn't find any. My sidebar icons aren't all loading properly. Missing spells, races, classes and something else I can't figure out.

I have tried the default 5e campaign with the same error. All extensions are turned off. I deleted my 5e ruleset and re-updated. Still same problem. Can no longer see spells, classes, races, etc.

Yrislov

ps I'll delete my other thread. update:: or not. Didn't realize I couldn't delete a thread I created.

Delete also any CoreRPG.pak or CoreRPG folders please.
Also disable all extensions and retest.

Yrislov
January 26th, 2017, 19:29
Delete also any CoreRPG.pak or CoreRPG folders please.
Also disable all extensions and retest.

Thank you very much that fixed it.

RAMPAG3a
January 27th, 2017, 01:16
Every time I start up Fantasy Grounds, all of my personally created files share to my players. I have started a second instance on my computer and connected to my game to test and the players can in fact access the files.

I have a regular version of Fantasy Grounds if that helps. I also was running a few extensions but disabled them to test and it is still doing it.

Any ideas would be awesome, I don't want my players reading campaign notes about them ;)

Andraax
January 27th, 2017, 01:21
You unshared them, then they automatically shared again?

damned
January 27th, 2017, 01:24
Hi RAMPAG3a can you try this please -

in chat type /flushdb and then have a player use the Nuke button on their splash screen and then reconnect to you.

damned
January 27th, 2017, 01:24
Hi JPG Ithink this is the third Public Sharing post since 3.2.2 - I think the other 2 were Savage Worlds but this is 3.5e. Do you think something has triggered this in the last updates?

RAMPAG3a
January 27th, 2017, 02:22
You unshared them, then they automatically shared again?

Luckily no. If I unshare them in the same session they won't share again unless I tell them to. It is only when I, the DM, runs a new instance of FG.

Hi RAMPAG3a can you try this please -

in chat type /flushdb and then have a player use the Nuke button on their splash screen and then reconnect to you.

I am not sure how to have a player Nuke. Sorry XD

damned
January 27th, 2017, 03:05
Luckily no. If I unshare them in the same session they won't share again unless I tell them to. It is only when I, the DM, runs a new instance of FG.

I am not sure how to have a player Nuke. Sorry XD

On the splash screen there is a Nuke icon towards the upper right hand corner. This will clear all their campaign cache files. You can do it manually by going into the Fantasy Grounds data folder (explorer icon) and then cache and remove or rename the folder with the Campaign name on it.

Trenloe
January 27th, 2017, 04:30
The Nuclear button is on the "Join Game" screen.

RAMPAG3a
January 27th, 2017, 06:03
I did not end up needing the to perform the nuke. I /flushdb and it cleared everything and since then nothing has shared on its own. I have even restarted my computer twice, let alone the program probably 10 times, and moved to two different internet sources and nothing.
Huzzah!!! Thank you for the help :)

damned
January 27th, 2017, 06:18
Good news - thanks for the update RAMPAG3a

Targas
January 27th, 2017, 18:00
@Moon: As I haven't heard more about it, have you notified the issue ?
It's currently quite complicated to automatically generate different amount and types of random encounter together outputting to story mode.
A working 'encounter' output would really help. However right now if you create a table with things like [1d4] Goblins or [2x] Orc it simply outputs just _one_ encounter.

It generates correctly by using e.g. chat or story output - however you have to delete each of those generated entries afterwards, not to SPAM your e.g. story section.

Version 3.2.2 (2017-01)

[CoreRPG+] Added encounter output option to rollable tables. (only NPC/Encounter links will be added)
>> Encounter output will always result to _1_ encounter type amount, not considering table prefix, e.g. [2d6] Monstertype when set to 'encounter' Output. Chat Output works fine.

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2017, 21:59
@Moon: As I haven't heard more about it, have you notified the issue ?
It's currently quite complicated to automatically generate different amount and types of random encounter together outputting to story mode.
A working 'encounter' output would really help. However right now if you create a table with things like [1d4] Goblins or [2x] Orc it simply outputs just _one_ encounter.

It generates correctly by using e.g. chat or story output - however you have to delete each of those generated entries afterwards, not to SPAM your e.g. story section.

Can you expand a little on what you mean here because I can get this to work (but I feel I'm not understanding what it is you are trying to do). For example if I create a table with [1d4] Goblin for result 1-2 and set the output to Encounter then it opens up an encounter with 1 -4 Goblins on it.

timdog88
January 27th, 2017, 23:43
I am having an issue..I ran the updater, and it gave an error saying it was unable to update something(but didn't specify what). I ran the updater again, and it ran through without an error message, but in the upper R corner of the fantasy grounds screen, it says I'm still running version 3.2.1. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a problem at all?

damned
January 27th, 2017, 23:45
I am having an issue..I ran the updater, and it gave an error saying it was unable to update something(but didn't specify what). I ran the updater again, and it ran through without an error message, but in the upper R corner of the fantasy grounds screen, it says I'm still running version 3.2.1. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a problem at all?

you should be on 3.2.2 for application and for corerpg and if using 3.5e/4e/5e/pfs they shoudl also be 3.2.2
try a reboot and rerun the updater.

timdog88
January 27th, 2017, 23:57
ok...I rebooted and ran the updater again. It ran through and found no updates, but the home screen says I am still running version 3.2.1. Do I need to delete and re-download some or all of the fantasy grounds program? or is there something else I can do?

damned
January 28th, 2017, 00:04
ok...I rebooted and ran the updater again. It ran through and found no updates, but the home screen says I am still running version 3.2.1. Do I need to delete and re-download some or all of the fantasy grounds program? or is there something else I can do?

Please do a thorough search of your HDD and make sure you do not have two copies of FG installed.

timdog88
January 28th, 2017, 00:36
ok, did the search, no other copies of FG on my machine. Anything else I can try? If it helps, I am not in the middle of a campaign, so would a delete and reinstall be an option?

damned
January 28th, 2017, 01:01
ok, did the search, no other copies of FG on my machine. Anything else I can try? If it helps, I am not in the middle of a campaign, so would a delete and reinstall be an option?

Only delete the FG executables and the stuff in that directory. Dont delete your FG data path. Redownload the FGWebInstall.exe from the front page.

timdog88
January 28th, 2017, 02:11
ok, could you explain that a little further? Just pretend that I know almost nothing about computers. What exactly should I delete? Thanks!

damned
January 28th, 2017, 02:21
ok, could you explain that a little further? Just pretend that I know almost nothing about computers. What exactly should I delete? Thanks!

Find your FG shortcut. Right click -> Properties -> Open File Location.
Then - safest way - go up one level and then rename the \Fantasy Grounds folder as something else - \FG is good.
Then download the installer from this site and reinstall.

timdog88
January 28th, 2017, 02:25
Great! that seems to have worked, thank you so much! Do I need to go back and rename anything now, or should I just leave everything as-is?

damned
January 28th, 2017, 02:34
Great! that seems to have worked, thank you so much! Do I need to go back and rename anything now, or should I just leave everything as-is?

If you are sure its all working you can delete the \FG folder now.

Dwayne Squires
January 28th, 2017, 05:11
Damned recommended I repost this question to the 3.2.2 thread. I hope this is where he meant. I just completed my first Dungeon Module export and ran into this issue.

1st) Maps and images. All my maps Titles/links pulled over in the Maps and Images list but two of my maps did not come across correctly. I think I know what is wrong so just looking to see if I am correct or doing something wrong. So two images that did not export correctly are really just drawings I created on a blank map field. I.E. you hit new image but do not link it to a .jpg or .png file you get a grey screen. I hand drew too crude pictures and then saved them (or thought I did as they worked perfectly in the original campaign I built them in). However, when I exported and then move to my actual campaign and open the module. The Title/links show up on the list but when I open them they are blank. The actual drawings did not come across. I know I can fix this by creating the drawings in paint and saving them as an actual file but is there something else I am missing? It appears the drawings you make in FG do not actually save.

Targas
January 28th, 2017, 17:59
Can you expand a little on what you mean here because I can get this to work (but I feel I'm not understanding what it is you are trying to do). For example if I create a table with [1d4] Goblin for result 1-2 and set the output to Encounter then it opens up an encounter with 1 -4 Goblins on it.
Best explained with the mod attached. click on the story entry. result will always be 1 amount of monster type. if you go into table and change output to e.g. chat, all works fine.

Zacchaeus
January 28th, 2017, 22:29
Ok, I see now what you mean. The problem I think is that it isn't rolling any dice. The 2x is working since it shows 2 every time that line comes up, but none of the others are. I'm not sure that's expected, but I'm sure Moon Wizard will tell us soon :)

spite
January 29th, 2017, 20:09
4th Edition Ruleset
When clicking on linked powers from inside themes made with the parser, the following error pops up.
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (flavor) in windowclass (power_stats)
Script Error: [string "power_stats"]:1: attempt to index global 'flavor' (a nil value)

Is this related to the older version of the parsed stuff working with the new power/feats lists perchance?

Trenloe
January 29th, 2017, 20:24
1st) Maps and images. All my maps Titles/links pulled over in the Maps and Images list but two of my maps did not come across correctly. I think I know what is wrong so just looking to see if I am correct or doing something wrong. So two images that did not export correctly are really just drawings I created on a blank map field. I.E. you hit new image but do not link it to a .jpg or .png file you get a grey screen. I hand drew too crude pictures and then saved them (or thought I did as they worked perfectly in the original campaign I built them in). However, when I exported and then move to my actual campaign and open the module. The Title/links show up on the list but when I open them they are blank. The actual drawings did not come across. I know I can fix this by creating the drawings in paint and saving them as an actual file but is there something else I am missing? It appears the drawings you make in FG do not actually save.
Drawings don't export to a module.

cybinary
February 4th, 2017, 15:41
I'm having a weird issue with exporting a campaign: I am building a campaign and have several maps with pins linking to story pages, in my build campaign the pins show the name of the story page and open the correct entry. But once I export it and test the mod in an empty campaign the pins open << New Story >> pages. I have recreated the links and exported the module several times now and the problem is still happening.

What is even weirder is when I try to replicate the problem with a smaller test module (one image and one story) the export works fine and the link on the map points right to the story page.

Before I go through the trouble of creating a whole new campaign and copying everything from the module and re-exporting it I wanted to check and see if there was an easier way. I assume there is a problem with my campaign having been created in a previous version and now wont export correctly.

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2017, 16:00
You could try renaming your moduledb file (don't delete in case you need it) and then re-exporting.

Trenloe
February 4th, 2017, 17:24
What Zacchaeus is eluding to is that the campaign you're testing your new module in might have some previously saved info for that module (which is stored in a XML file in the moduledb directory of that campaign). If you're not concerned about any info you may have changed just for that module, you can go to the Module Activation screen in the library, right-click on your module and select "revert changes". If that option isn't available then there is no previous module data to be removed and you're looking at the most recent module.

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2017, 18:34
The read only export option currently has an issue where links do not get rewritten within story and image entries, so don't use that option for now.

JPG

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2017, 18:37
Targas,

You must use the [<dice>x] expression tag to get variable numbers of creatures in the table encounter output. If you leave off the 'x' character, it won't work.

JPG

JohnD
February 4th, 2017, 18:57
Hmm... I hate to spam multiple threads but the old brain box just isn't firing on all cylinders today....

Issues since 3.2.2 outlined here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35553-Test-Release-v3-2-2&p=319227#post319227

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2017, 18:57
valeros,

On the 4E stuff
* Working on the 4E flavor entry. It should be string. Need to figure out how to fix. There were multiple parsers, and some used formatted text for flavor. So, it's it's not as straightforward as I would like.
* On the shortdescription, this is used for automation, so is necessary. The description field was included by some parsers as either a prettified shortdescription, or as a place to add extra info on the power. Technically, this isn't needed, but I didn't remove in case people had stored data there.
* Not sure on the custom power creation. I'm able to drag from the power record header to both the campaign list as well as a PC sheet to make a copy.

JPG

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2017, 18:59
Just an FYI. I am recovering from a 2 week flu virus that took me completely offline, which is why my replies have been slower than normal. So, nothing is forgotten, just queued. ;)

JPG

Nickademus
February 4th, 2017, 23:03
Just an FYI. I am recovering from a 2 week flu virus that took me completely offline, which is why my replies have been slower than normal. So, nothing is forgotten, just queued. ;)

JPG

Wait, you're human?

damned
February 5th, 2017, 00:10

JPG

Welcome back JPG.

Nylanfs
February 5th, 2017, 01:07
That sounds just like an AI would want us to believe after a length system upgrade...

LordEntrails
February 5th, 2017, 01:13
Or maybe an alien. After it had to return to the homeworld to give an in-person report to the Grand Host and light communication times were delaying it's continued impersonation of a humanoid...

Bidmaron
February 5th, 2017, 06:28
Targas,

You must use the [<dice>x] expression tag to get variable numbers of creatures in the table encounter output. If you leave off the 'x' character, it won't work.

JPG

I recommend you change that for consistency with table syntax. In tables if you do [d6] [Dwarven Treasure] you get 1-6 of whatever you roll on the Dwarven Treaure table, but if you do [d6x] Then you get 1-6 different rolls on the Dwarven Treasure table.

dulux-oz
February 5th, 2017, 08:05
I, for one, welcome our returned AI/Alien Overlord...

cybinary
February 7th, 2017, 00:53
The read only export option currently has an issue where links do not get rewritten within story and image entries, so don't use that option for now.

That was the problem! Thanks so much JPG! I will export without that option for now until I hear its fixed.

RCathcart
February 9th, 2017, 01:33
I have a big bug to report. Since 3.2.2, my game won't launch at all. The launcher "runs", but nothing is displayed at all (see pic). The only thing I can get to run is the updater.
I've reinstalled about 5 times now. Steam, non-steam, new directories, as admin, as not admin... I'm out of ideas. Had to cancel a game because of it. 17837

RCathcart
February 9th, 2017, 03:01
Okay, not sure this is a bug anymore, but I fixed my problem.

My native resolution is 3440x1440. I had FG work at that setting before the update. After the update, I had the above problem.
I dropped my solution down to 1900x1080 and FG worked. Then I went back to my native resolution and FG all of sudden worked.

So yeah... that happened.

ArteF
February 9th, 2017, 03:32
I saw the question raised but I did not see any answers, is it a bug or am I messing this up; I am making a class and the level 1 proficiency gives me "unknown class proficiency type. (id-0000#)

It does this for each proficiency it seems to be trying to call. Everything is typed as it is in the original content so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Zacchaeus
February 9th, 2017, 13:28
I saw the question raised but I did not see any answers, is it a bug or am I messing this up; I am making a class and the level 1 proficiency gives me "unknown class proficiency type. (id-0000#)

It does this for each proficiency it seems to be trying to call. Everything is typed as it is in the original content so I'm not sure what's going on here.

You are correct; I can reproduce this. Additionally there doesn't seem to be a way of adding features to a class specialisation. Whilst specialisations can be added I can't see any way to add features to that.
Furthermore if I take an existing class and make a copy; I cannot edit any of the features in any of the class specialisations - these remain locked and uneditable.

spite
February 10th, 2017, 08:49
4th Edition Ruleset defences are borked. If you change and of the defences to use a stat, it correctly adjusts the value using that modifier, like so. https://puu.sh/tWzvj/eb834b4703.jpg str is no bonus, dex is +2, https://puu.sh/tWzxb/1fee021fc9.jpg

However, if you adjust the misc bonus AFTER changing that, it then ignores the attribute modifier. This is adjusting the misc to a +1, you can see the +2 is now gone. https://puu.sh/tWzDy/20aa31362d.jpg

Happens on all four defences.

Tuendal
February 11th, 2017, 20:28
Ok, so not sure if this is an issue with 3.2.2 or not, but in LMoP, if i click on a quest from a story entry (such as Quest: Orc Trouble from the Townmaster's Hall) it just brings up a windows stating "New Quest and is blank, and it creates new entries in the QUESTS box. All quest links appear to from the story entries appear to just create new quests instead of bringing up the intended quest line. I removed all extensions and this is still occurring so it does not appear to be related to an extension conflict.

damned
February 11th, 2017, 23:38
Ok, so not sure if this is an issue with 3.2.2 or not, but in LMoP, if i click on a quest from a story entry (such as Quest: Orc Trouble from the Townmaster's Hall) it just brings up a windows stating "New Quest and is blank, and it creates new entries in the QUESTS box. All quest links appear to from the story entries appear to just create new quests instead of bringing up the intended quest line. I removed all extensions and this is still occurring so it does not appear to be related to an extension conflict.

I can confirm that opening the Quests from the Sidebar or from Library works fine but they are all broken from the story.

Zacchaeus
February 12th, 2017, 22:21
I'll add this to the fix list; thanks for reporting.

BubbaGrim
February 13th, 2017, 02:09
I have one player at my table who frequently has maps that show only the tokens. He has a greyed out fog of war map, nuking the cache and reloading will fix this but he's having to do this almost every week.
He's running on a fairly new, high end gaming laptop.
Any ideas?

Trenloe
February 13th, 2017, 02:13
I have one player at my table who frequently has maps that show only the tokens. He has a greyed out fog of war map, nuking the cache and reloading will fix this but he's having to do this almost every week.
He's running on a fairly new, high end gaming laptop.
Any ideas?
Sounds like his cache is not downloading properly/reliably. Are they using WiFi for their connection?

BubbaGrim
February 13th, 2017, 02:15
No, we have a desktop switch. And it's ALWAYS him, I have players running VISTA machines that have fewer problems.

Map errors are the most common problem we have at the table, it doesn't happen very often but it's our number #1 problem.

Trenloe
February 13th, 2017, 02:20
Some things to check:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

Also, if it happens again, please get them to take a screenshot showing the issue and post on these forums.

EDIT: They may also try turning off a bunch of 3D graphics setting on their graphics card, as it might be an issue displaying the maps correctly - but best to post a screenshot so we can try to work out if it isn't displaying the data correctly, or if it is losing/not getting the data.

Remedeez
April 7th, 2017, 00:04
I know its already been reported and Zacchaeus confirmed it, but I wanted to chime in on the error when making a new class and getting the 1st level proficiencies error in chat [Unknown class proficiency type. (id-0000x)] (where x has been several different numbers for me, usually a 4 through 7).

Here is my screenshot for version numbers. 5E ruleset. No extensions, custom themes, no modules even loaded. I did do a quick copy of the Barbarian from the PHB so I could make sure I was putting in all the info correctly, but I'm modifying OTHER things for my own personal homebrew use, so then I unloaded the PHB module after copying the Barbarian, and started a NEW Barbarian class entry to make my homebrew edits on.

Something to note tho, I tried using 2 different parse tools PAR5E and the other one, I forget how it's called, and was able to put together a poorly done, but working class that added in proficiencies correctly at level one. I would just LOVE to do it the "what you see is what you get" way inside of Fantasy Grounds, so I hope this is just a bug that gets worked out soon.

Much appreciation to all the hard work you folks do, hope I didn't come off too impatient! Heh!

Zacchaeus
April 7th, 2017, 11:41
I know its already been reported and Zacchaeus confirmed it, but I wanted to chime in on the error when making a new class and getting the 1st level proficiencies error in chat [Unknown class proficiency type. (id-0000x)] (where x has been several different numbers for me, usually a 4 through 7).

Here is my screenshot for version numbers. 5E ruleset. No extensions, custom themes, no modules even loaded. I did do a quick copy of the Barbarian from the PHB so I could make sure I was putting in all the info correctly, but I'm modifying OTHER things for my own personal homebrew use, so then I unloaded the PHB module after copying the Barbarian, and started a NEW Barbarian class entry to make my homebrew edits on.

Something to note tho, I tried using 2 different parse tools PAR5E and the other one, I forget how it's called, and was able to put together a poorly done, but working class that added in proficiencies correctly at level one. I would just LOVE to do it the "what you see is what you get" way inside of Fantasy Grounds, so I hope this is just a bug that gets worked out soon.

Much appreciation to all the hard work you folks do, hope I didn't come off too impatient! Heh!

As you say this has been reported before and it has been fixed in v 3.3.0 which will be released soon.

Asmo
April 18th, 2017, 21:15
After entering some stories and maps everything (!) suddenly became public, even after toggle off and stop sharing. Rebooted but all went public again.
Somewhere back is this thread i saw the suggestion to use /flushdb and this helped. Just want to mention it.
Using updated FG with 5e ruleset.

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2017, 21:17
After entering some stories and maps everything (!) suddenly became public, even after toggle off and stop sharing. Rebooted but all went public again.
Somewhere back is this thread i saw the suggestion to use /flushdb and this helped. Just want to mention it.
Using updated FG with 5e ruleset.
Did you update to 3.3.0?
If you are still on 3.2.2 I doubt this would be addressed unless repeatable on the latest build.

Report 3.3.0 issues here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37790-v3-3-0-Issues

Asmo
April 18th, 2017, 21:18
3.3.0 here. I might have posted this in the wrong thread

Grumpy_Grognard
April 20th, 2017, 23:51
I keep getting this error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:678: attempt to call field 'setDefaultChildCategory' (a nil value)
I'm unable to load maps from my maps/images tab.
I'm using 5E ruleset 3.3.0

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2017, 23:54
Report 3.3.0 issues here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...-v3-3-0-Issues (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37790-v3-3-0-Issues)

Moon Wizard
April 21st, 2017, 00:18
This function was added in v3.2.2 of Fantasy Grounds. Make sure you update to the latest version, and that the version reported on the launch screen for FG in the upper right corner is v3.3.0.

Regards,
JPG

damned
April 21st, 2017, 00:45

Check you dont have any unpacked 5e or CoreRPG rulesets.

JackLe945
April 23rd, 2017, 18:13
Hello guys, just updated about 20 minutes ago and now I can't seem to access the program at all. If I go into my steamapps/fantasy grounds folder it all seems to be there, but no matter how I try and start FG it doesn't work. The errors I've gotten are FGSteamLauncher:unable to start Fantasy grounds Client Error:5 if I use the steam launcher, and if I try and open FG directly I get a permissions error. Nothing on the computer has changed since the last update, so I'm unsure where the issue is. Verifying through steam re-installs an older updater, but doesn't help the problem. Neither did a full re-install

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2017, 18:37
Hello guys, just updated about 20 minutes ago and now I can't seem to access the program at all. If I go into my steamapps/fantasy grounds folder it all seems to be there, but no matter how I try and start FG it doesn't work. The errors I've gotten are FGSteamLauncher:unable to start Fantasy grounds Client Error:5 if I use the steam launcher, and if I try and open FG directly I get a permissions error. Nothing on the computer has changed since the last update, so I'm unsure where the issue is. Verifying through steam re-installs an older updater, but doesn't help the problem. Neither did a full re-install
Check that your Security/Anti-Virus application isn't blocking (or has quarantined) FantasyGrounds.exe. If you're using AVG run an update - info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37873-A-response-from-AVG-False-Alarm