PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.2.2 is live

Moon Wizard
January 18th, 2017, 18:13
Fantasy Grounds v3.2.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is primarily bug fixes and minor features. It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Here is a link to the video walkthrough for newcomers to v3.2.x:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc

NOTE: If you are getting any errors when starting your campaigns, please make sure to get the latest version of any community rulesets or extensions that you may be using.

Please report any issues in this thread. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36185)

Cheers,
JPG

Hector Trelane
January 18th, 2017, 18:25
Looks like a lot of improvements to user-friendliness. Thanks!

JohnD
January 18th, 2017, 20:17
As of now, the patch notes at that url just cover up to 3.2.1.

darrenan
January 18th, 2017, 20:18
Doesn't look like the 3.2.2 patch notes actually made it onto the patch notes page. I just checked and 3.2.1 is the latest still.

EDIT: ninja'd!

Hector Trelane
January 18th, 2017, 20:19
Doesn't look like the 3.2.2 patch notes actually made it onto the patch notes page. I just checked and 3.2.1 is the latest still.

EDIT: ninja'd!

I can see 3.2.2 patch notes fine.

darrenan
January 18th, 2017, 20:22
I just checked again, did a CTRL-F5, still no 3.2.2 notes.

Hector Trelane
January 18th, 2017, 20:24
Here they are:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html

Version 3.2.2 (2017-01)

[CoreRPG+] Added /rollon (GM/player) and /afk (player only) to slash command help text.
[CoreRPG+] Changed initial record category for campaign lists from (None) to (New).
[CoreRPG+] Records with description fields no longer display "Click to enter text" when record is locked.
[CoreRPG+] Updated lock control to not cause module records to be changed when record viewed.
[CoreRPG+] Default lock state for module records is locked, even if editable. It will need to be unlocked first to edit, which will cause the record to be changed even if no further edits made.
[CoreRPG+] Added encounter output option to rollable tables. (only NPC/Encounter links will be added)
[CoreRPG+] Minimized window tooltips for items and images will match name based on identification state.
[CoreRPG+] Faction field added to each NPC in encounter and random encounter records. If none specified, defaults to foe when added to combat tracker.
[CoreRPG+] Added image identification option.
[CoreRPG+] Image toolbar will only display when record unlocked (for both GM and players).
[CoreRPG+] If user attempts to open a link which points to module not currently loaded, a dialog will ask them if they would like to load and try again.
[CoreRPG+] If user attempts to add an encounter to the CT which contains NPC or Image links which point to module not currently loaded, a dialog will ask them if they would like to load and try again.
[CoreRPG+] When adding a new record to a campaign list, the focus will be automatically set to the name field.
[CoreRPG+] Resize to small size option added to image radial menu for images larger than 500 pixels per axis.
[CoreRPG+] Added read-only module export option.
[CoreRPG+] Reference manual text adjacent to graphics will adjust width when graphics smaller than half page width.
[CoreRPG+] Added quick navigation buttons to the bottom of story records. All navigation buttons are relative to module of the story record. Use "(Index)" or "(Content)" to denote the name of the top-level story entry.
[CoreRPG+] Added $PC variable to random encounter number of creatures calculation, which is replaced with the number of players in the party sheet.
[CoreRPG+] Removed manual roll text indicator from manual GM rolls, but the text indicator still appears for player manual rolls.
[CoreRPG+] Modified random encounter generation button to be a text button, instead of a down arrow graphic.
[5E] Background, class, feat, race and skill records can now be copied and edited, as well as exported.
[5E] Added support for human variant ability score increase text matching.
[5E] Item records which specify mounts and vehicles can be added and transferred like other item records.
[5E] Quest data from official modules now visible in Quests campaign list.
[5E] Improved parsing of frightened, unconscious and poisoned effects in spell descriptions and NPC abilities.
[5E] Added support for skill selection on the Haunted One background in Curse of Strahd.
[5E] Disabled OK button on PC selection dialogs unless the right number of options selected. (sub-race, class specialization, skills, ability score increases)
[4E] Feat and power records can now be copied and edited, as well as exported.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Class, feat, race and skill records can now be copied and edited, as well as exported.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added DMGSTYPE effect tag to apply damage types to spell damage rolls.
[PFRPG/3.5E] DMGTYPE effect tag limited to only apply to weapon damage rolls.
[PFRPG/3.5E] In PC Action Tab effects, the [CL] tag will now return the caster level.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Add CR/Type filters to campaign NPCs list.
[PFRPG/3.5E] When dropping spells from main campaign list onto a spell class header, a dialog will appear asking which spell level to assign the new spell to.
[PFRPG] Added CR and XP auto-calculation buttons to encounters.
[CnC] Class and race records can now be copied and edited, as well as exported.
[SW] Archetype, edge, hindrance, monstrous ability, power, race and skill records can now be copied and edited, as well as exported.
[d20Mod] Added talent record type (as button on feats list).
[d20Mod] Class, feat, race and skill records can now be copied and edited, as well as exported.
[d20Mod] Updated data modules for v3.2.x compatibility.
[d20Mod] Updated and coordinated sidebar button graphics.
Rulesets built using category selection tab controls attached to campaign lists would not use the selected category when creating a new record. Fixed.
Modules on player clients would load before current GM module permission information received. Fixed.
When viewing campaign characters in Manage Characters mode, the campaign characters could overwrite the local characters. Fixed.
Crash could occur for modules built with category tab and decal options not available in current ruleset. Fixed.
Image records would be marked as changed just by opening them. Fixed.
Error message when clicking on second line of empty text field when default text wrapped. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Very large lists (4k+ items) with scrollbars would keep client from responding at all. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Resize to original radial option on images would only shrink to 500x300. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Script error when adding parcel with currency to another parcel without currency. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When changing books in the library, the scroll position of the book contents pane would not reset. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When using the Add Table By Size button, the new table was not being added to the current group. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Tokens with a 1 to 1 map ratio assigned to CT entries with a space value larger than 1 grid square would shrink to 1 square between sessions. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Attack rolls between PCs where an unowned PC has previously shared a link from their sheet publicly would interfere with defense calculations. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Party members unable to be removed from party sheet Order tab via right click menu. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Missing tooltips on campaign list page navigation buttons. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Space and reach not being copied to CT by CoreRPG default handling, when not overriden by ruleset. Fixed.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC/SW] Item identification option being ignored in some cases. Fixed.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] When adding weapons to PC inventory after viewing Actions tab, the carried/equipped toggle button on weapon entries was not linked to inventory item. Fixed.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] When adding weapons to PC inventory after viewing Actions tab while editing the Actions tab, then the edit buttons did not display correctly on new record. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when creating a new spell. Fixed.
[5E] Image record name text clipped on bottom. Fixed.
[5E] Melee weapon crit range being applied to ranged weapons, instead of ranged weapon crit range. Fixed.
[5E] Pregens from LMoP would report errors when added. Fixed.
[4E] NPC actions not grouping correctly. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Missing CR data for some creatures in core bestiaries. Fixed.
[CnC] Spell field labels not hiding when field hidden during record locking. Fixed.
[SW] Armor and weapon records dragged to campaign item list would copy as generic items. Fixed.
[SW] Missing armor and weapon records from campaigns created prior to v3.2. Fixed.
[SW] Type field in weapons not correctly displaying in read only records for some modules. Fixed.
[SW] Dropping items in Items master list not creating a campaign copy of the record. Fixed.
[SW] Super Powers Companion missing table and missing HQ labels. Fixed.
[SW] Slow zombie ability in War of the Dead and slow hindrance in Horror Companion modified to prevent conflicts with other Slow racial abilities during initiative automation.
[SW] Armor and weapon records were not being exported when item records were selected to be exported. Fixed.
[SW] Unable to drag items between PC inventory tabs and party sheet. Fixed.
[SW] Restored PC to NPC conversion when PC dropped onto NPC list.
[SW] Script error when advancing combat tracker in certain scenarios while auto-center token option on. Fixed.
[SW] Missing minimize icon for character sheet. Fixed.
[SW] Attack rolls could not be made from NPCs without the Fighting or Unskilled skill already configured. Fixed.
[RMC/BRP] Error about missing window class when attempting to click library links in map packs. Fixed.
[UPDATER] If the app detects that it cannot write to the data directory, the user will be asked to run the updater to fix the permissions.
[UPDATER] When installing, the Local user group will be added to the data directory permissions.
[UPDATER] Registry keys used by app and updater have been moved to local machine registry. (HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Fantasy Grounds)
[DEV] Vault files with case not exactly matching requested file would not be found, even though issue does not occur when accessing pak/ext/mod files or folders.
[DEV] Added hidereadonly attribute to empty tags for stringcontrols and formattedtextcontrols.
[DEV] When exporting tokens, host/ and shared/ are now removed from exported token directory structure.
[DEV] When using fastinit tag for subwindow controls, the subwindow creation will now occur just before the control's onInit function, and after sibling controls are created.
[DEV] windowinstance: Added getTooltipText and setTooltipText functions.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Added reference.encounters to paths for story entries checked for the master list.
[DEV] Crash after in-campaign reload when viewing maps with tokens that have image/text widgets. Fixed.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Icon option added to reference manual.
[DEV] Registry saved when using /reload command.
[DEV] Relative links allowed in formatted text field data, just like window reference fields.

Moon Wizard
January 18th, 2017, 23:36
We have a CDN set up on that server folder, so it may take up to a day for all the CDN servers to refresh.

Also, the patchnotes.html is also stored in the FG app directory.

Cheers,
JPG

Varsuuk
January 19th, 2017, 05:58
Opened a shared from DM PHB today and only saw in Reference area: Section one and three, no section 2 where the combat info would have been.

Blackfoot
January 19th, 2017, 06:49
... Moving this post to an issues thread ...

damned
January 19th, 2017, 21:40
Moon Wizard I just saw this post on Call of Cthulhu https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35672-Call-of-Cthulhu-7E-ruleset&p=315512&viewfull=1#post315512 and this one on a Dulux_Oz extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension&p=315452&viewfull=1#post315452
They are both preventing items from being dragged and dropped.

Could these be related? Can you think what might be causing it?

Moon Wizard
January 19th, 2017, 22:58
Found a compatibility issue causing the CoC7E weapons drop ignore issue. I just pushed a quick hot fix patch for CoC7E, and send you guys the files to include in the following patch for CoC7E.

I don't think it's related to the DOE issue, since it was very specific to item drop code.

Cheers,
JPG

drakonin
January 20th, 2017, 00:40
Love patch notes way more than I should :)

Ashfall
January 20th, 2017, 04:55
Are you guys planning on releasing a tutorial on how to make custom class/archetype now that the feature has been released? (I could really use the help)

Nickademus
January 20th, 2017, 05:31
Are you guys planning on releasing a tutorial on how to make custom class/archetype now that the feature has been released? (I could really use the help)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36157-5e-Asset-Templates
(Includes directions)

Will Tomorrow
January 20th, 2017, 06:49
Hey all,

Everything was going gravy for me, I've been an ultimate license holder for several months, running 5E Curse of Strahd games with little issues.

I picked up the Deadlands Reloaded bundle on sale for $90 some odd dollars, recruited a game going and memorized the rules. Everything was going great until I updated today.

Now every time I try and have an NPC interact with a PC in the combat tracker (targeting, attacking, etc) I get spammed with the following script error.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_swimage.lua"]:4: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)

I did a bit of research, and saw that it was probably an extension. I just today purchased my first stuff directly from the Fantasy Grounds Website (as opposed to Steam). I thought that might be the issue, but none of the content I'm accessing is part of the token sets I purchased, and I've entered the account info into the updater when prompted to check my licenses from both steam and the site. In short, I've done everything that I understand the steps of to attempt to resolve the issue.

I deleted all the pak files in my 'rulesets' directory and let the update reinstall them. I didn't have any upacked files in the directory. I have the correct version of Fantasy Grounds 3.2.2 ULTIMATE running, in addition to CoreRPG ruleset v3.2.2.

When I do the /version check in the chatbox it comes back with Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.3.2 (build 4) Deadlands: Reloaded version 2.3.3 (build 1). I have no idea how to tell if they're compatible with 3.2.2 or where I would get the versions that do (since I've attempted to update now with no success).

I don't know where the issue I'm having lies, but I've followed every step I've managed to find to no avail. I have a game starting on Sunday, but this issue spams the screen, and prevents any interaction, rendering the system functionless. I'll have to cancel the session if I can't find a solution, and am already well past the 2 hour return policy for Steam (I've spend about 15 hours learning the rules now), so I really hope I'm not out the $90. I've been really excited to run the new system, and have an enthusiastic group of folks too.

Hopefully one of you kind people has a solution that I've overlooked. I know I'm asked to reproduce the issue without any extensions, but I'm not even sure how I'd go about that, since it seems to be an issue with the ruleset interacting with the combat tracker.

Sorry for the density of this post, I'm sure I come off as an ignoramous to the more technically savvy among you. Truth be told, I'm something of a luddite. I've been really flummoxed by some of the less intuitive aspects of the software, but this is the first gamebreaking issue I've been unable to remedy.

Thank you so much, doubly so if you have a solution.

Will

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2017, 09:17
Just pushed a hot fix to address the script error when using tokens and pointers on a map in the SavageWorlds ruleset, before the image header is unlocked. You'll need to update to get the patch. It should read Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.3.2 (build 5) afterwards.

Regards,
JPG

bobbylain
January 20th, 2017, 12:30
3.5 ruleset. create new table, close it open it and get this

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:100: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:100: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)

Edit never mind. found out this is cause by an extension not being updated.

dulux-oz
January 20th, 2017, 12:54
Edit never mind. found out this is cause by an extension not being updated.

For the record: that's NOT one of mine :)

Will Tomorrow
January 20th, 2017, 13:46
Just pushed a hot fix to address the script error when using tokens and pointers on a map in the SavageWorlds ruleset, before the image header is unlocked. You'll need to update to get the patch. It should read Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.3.2 (build 5) afterwards.

Regards,
JPG

That was fast! Seriously, I went to sleep, thinking there was no way this would be resolved in time and woke up to the issue patched and my post answered directly!? You are magnificent bastards, seriously.

dulux-oz
January 20th, 2017, 14:23
That was fast! Seriously, I went to sleep, thinking there was no way this would be resolved in time and woke up to the issue patched and my post answered directly!? You are magnificent bastards, seriously.

Welcome to the wonderful world that is FG, SmiteWorks and this Community :)

Mortar
January 20th, 2017, 14:30
Welcome to the wonderful world that is FG, SmiteWorks and this Community :)

That and I don't JPG us actually human cause he doesn't seem to sleep

vodokar
January 20th, 2017, 15:07

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds. The Bestest place on the internet.

Moon Wizard
January 24th, 2017, 00:41
Pushed Savage Worlds hot fix for weapon type information missing from weapon records.

Regards,
JPG

Dwayne Squires
January 28th, 2017, 00:39
Damned recommended I repost this question to the 3.2.2 thread. I hope this is where he meant. :) I just completed my first Dungeon Module export and ran into this issue.

1st) Maps and images. All my maps Titles/links pulled over in the Maps and Images list but two of my maps did not come across correctly. I think I know what is wrong so just looking to see if I am correct or doing something wrong. So two images that did not export correctly are really just drawings I created on a blank map field. I.E. you hit new image but do not link it to a .jpg or .png file you get a grey screen. I hand drew too crude pictures and then saved them (or thought I did as they worked perfectly in the original campaign I built them in). However, when I exported and then move to my actual campaign and open the module. The Title/links show up on the list but when I open them they are blank. The actual drawings did not come across. I know I can fix this by creating the drawings in paint and saving them as an actual file but is there something else I am missing? It appears the drawings you make in FG do not actually save.

Nickademus
January 28th, 2017, 02:33
He was actually referring to the bug thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36185-3-2-2-Bug-Report-Thread).

[CoreRPG+] Added quick navigation buttons to the bottom of story records. All navigation buttons are relative to module of the story record. Use "(Index)" or "(Content)" to denote the name of the top-level story entry.

What effect does naming a story entry (Content) have? The parenthesis causes it to be at or near the top of an alphabetical list, but does FG do anything special for a 'top-level story entry'?

Dwayne Squires
January 28th, 2017, 05:10
Thanks, Nickademus.

damned
January 28th, 2017, 09:16
He was actually referring to the bug thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36185-3-2-2-Bug-Report-Thread).

What effect does naming a story entry (Content) have? The parenthesis causes it to be at or near the top of an alphabetical list, but does FG do anything special for a 'top-level story entry'?

The new NAV buttons at bottom of page - the UP arrow - takes you to (Contents)

Nickademus
January 28th, 2017, 23:15
Oh. So there was no Up arrow since the patch notes said to name it "(Content)", which apparently doesn't register.

Thanks. That's really nifty. It would be more helpful if clicking on a story link in a story entry opened the entry in the same window (similar to how the arrows now do) instead of opening a new window. Then the arrows and an index could be used to navigate the entire story tree in a single window.

Zacchaeus
January 28th, 2017, 23:44
Hmm, not sure about that. You often need a number of Story entries open so if they all opened in the same window that would cause navigation problems I feel.

Nickademus
January 29th, 2017, 04:06
If you open multiple story entries then you have multiple open. You would click the arrows on each story to cycle through the related entries for that story. Don't know why you would think you could only have one open. The index links and library links would still open into new windows.

Just a thought.

Zacchaeus
January 29th, 2017, 10:58
I'm misunderstanding what you said then. I though you wanted all links and/or next back buttons or whatever to open in the same window. Ergo you'd only ever have one story window open.

Nickademus
January 29th, 2017, 21:47
I meant the windowreference links to story entries embedded in the formattedtext part of the story. That way when you are on the (Contents) page you could click a link to a story entry and it would switch to that story entry. Then you could click the up arrow and it would switch back to the (Contents).

You could always have an option like Ctrl+click to open in a new window if you didn't want to use the master index lists for stories.

Bidmaron
January 29th, 2017, 22:32
This is a fabulous idea.

dulux-oz
January 30th, 2017, 06:48
Hi All,

Something I noticed (with the 3.5E Ruleset) and I don't know if its a "feature" or a "bug":

If you create a new Item and don't fill out any of the details, and lock it, all of the Item's details EXCEPT for the Type disappear (and therefore a line under the Type is also left visible) - in fact, the Type may disappear as well (you can't tell because there is no text there to begin with) but the Type-Label does remain.

Should the Type disappear if it is left empty, and if not, what about the line under the Type; shouldn't it disappear even if the Type is supposed to remain if there is nothing else to display (ie there's no need for the line because there's nothing for it to separate the Type from)?

damned
January 30th, 2017, 06:59
Dulux I think you will see somewhat similar behaviour for Items in many CoreRPG rulesets. NPCs too from memory... so there might be others as well.

dulux-oz
January 30th, 2017, 08:24
OK, so are they "features" or "bugs"?

damned
January 30th, 2017, 08:58
OK, so are they "features" or "bugs"?

Dunno... I suspect feature. It leaves a much cleaner looking object.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2017, 16:52
I meant the windowreference links to story entries embedded in the formattedtext part of the story. That way when you are on the (Contents) page you could click a link to a story entry and it would switch to that story entry. Then you could click the up arrow and it would switch back to the (Contents).
I'm running in "test" mode and this is the functionality, so don't know if it's "live" yet - i.e. the navigation buttons at the bottom of a story entry don't open a new story window the new story data is loaded in the same window. I've tried this with LMoP story entries.

EDIT: Yeah, appears to work like this in "live" too. Nice!

Nickademus
February 4th, 2017, 00:14
I'm running in "test" mode and this is the functionality, so don't know if it's "live" yet - i.e. the navigation buttons at the bottom of a story entry don't open a new story window the new story data is loaded in the same window. I've tried this with LMoP story entries.

EDIT: Yeah, appears to work like this in "live" too. Nice!

When you are in a formattedtext block and you hit Ctrl+5 the paragraph switches to a link list with the theme's empty link image to the left of each line. These are the links I'm talking about. I think it would be nice (though I'm totally prepared to be the minority here) if these links acted the same as the navigation buttons at the bottom. That way all the links to story entries in the (Contents) page would open in the (Contents) page window rather than having a second window. I mean, it seems a bit weird to be on a story, click the up arrow to go to the contents, choose a new page and have it pop up in a window next to the contents. You would have to close a window every time you used the contents to switch pages (or have a plethora of '(Contents)' windows open on your screen.

Bidmaron
February 4th, 2017, 05:00
I respectfully disagree. When you move from a list you want the list to stay visible or at least I do. It would be nice perhaps to have a link with maybe alt key or something not cause new window to open

Nickademus
February 4th, 2017, 15:16
I was going to reply to this with a scenario to show that you would end up either ignoring the up arrow or spamming your screen with (Contents) windows. But then I realized that FG can't have two open windows with the same data source. So I tested to see what would happen if you hit the up arrow in a story entry with the (Contents) open in another one.

Surprisingly, it closed the previous (Contents) window when the second one shifted. Personally, that is enough for me, but I get the feeling some people may be upset at the sudden disappearance of a window.

JohnD
February 4th, 2017, 18:56
Noticing some issues since this patch. Screenshot and details here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35553-Test-Release-v3-2-2&p=319227#post319227

darrenan
February 26th, 2017, 19:00
[CoreRPG+] Added read-only module export option.

Could someone tell me exactly what this option does? Thanks.

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2017, 19:53
It exports modules so that they are read only. In other words the user won't be able to edit any of the exported material.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2017, 20:17
To expand on that: Normally when a module is exported, the entries in the desktop sidebar can be edited, while the same entries accessed directly from the library are read only (red padlock symbol) and cannot be edited. The campaign data in the sidebar can be edited, with the usual module restrictions - i.e. the edit is for that campaign only and will be removed if "revert changes" is used.

When a module is exported with the "Read Only" option selected, then even the entries accessed from the campaign lists in the sidebar can't be edited.

Either way, if you have a read-only record you can drag/drop to a campaign data list group to create a copy - but this means that any links to that record will need to be re-made if you want to use the record copy.

darrenan
February 26th, 2017, 20:24
Thanks for the clarification.

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2017, 22:51
We use this difference internally when creating products. If a product is a core rulebook or sourcebook, then the records are denoted as read-only to preserve the integrity of the data from being randomly changed during use. If the product is an adventure, then we mark the data as editable to allow users to modify the adventure to fit their needs.

The read only records can always be dragged onto their relevant lists to make an editable copy for that campaign.

Regards,
JPG

dikdastard
March 10th, 2017, 11:46
Further to my separate post on various broken bits in the Deadlands DLC since v.3.2.2, although Moon Wizard seems to have fixed all the broken link issues now, thanks, the layout of many of the modules under the new menu system seems now very confused eg when accessed via the story menu listings directly. Associated with this the new arrow navigation options take the user all over the place so is practically useless which is a shame.

I'm also still struggling with not being able to amend any module content manually like actually giving inventory items to NPCs due to everything being locked down in read only status. Having to recreate a whole new version of everything and rebuild all the links just so I can edit things is a right pain in the A*** to be honest.

I realise there may be plans to rebuild some of this stuff from the ground up using a more current data structure to fix some of these issues, but I'm guessing its probably not a high priority. It doesn't though leave a very favourable impression of a slick commercial product, and some less forgiving types are going to get pretty angry that they have paid good money for something like this.

Given what Moon Wizard has indicated to be the current policy on Read-only status above, could I at least make the plea that we apply this policy ASAP to the current DLR material on your site. Surely that should only take minutes from the developer end of things, and being able to amend module content directly within the campaign as intended rather than force the user to make copies of everything just so I can "mend" them will save me HOURS of faffing about otherwise. I really only want to arm the bad guys, give me a break here!

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2017, 22:49
As mentioned above, our current policy is to make setting/rulebooks as read-only material, and any adventure material as editable. This means that any products that include example adventures should be broken into a separate module. Also, this means that NPCs from rulebooks and settings will always be read only, and you'll need to make a copy to edit them. (i.e. drag link to campaign NPCs list and edit new copy)

However, the Deadlands material was converted quite a while ago, and thus is not built with any of this in mind. Additionally, the Savage Worlds settings material tended to blend sample adventures into the setting material. So, it all got bundled together when the material was originally converted. Unfortunately, it's not a quick fix to "de-couple" the adventures from the material, because all of the links and indexes have to be rebuilt by manual XML editing.

Regards,
JPG

dikdastard
March 12th, 2017, 11:57
Ok, I get that I think. I am not referring to making the core/source books editable though, with or without their sample "savage tales". I am referring to the various modules available as standalone purchases that surely qualify as "adventures". Leaving aside products like "the flood" that does have a certain amount of additional source material (although what is wrong with editing that to suit a particular campaign anyway is beyond me), mre straightforward adventures eg for whom the whistle blows, blood drive, grim prairie tales, south o the border etc also seem to be read only, at least I cannot edit any of the NPCs in those modules either without having to make a new copy. Apart from the work involved it makes for a very cluttered and confused system with multiple copies of everything. I'm trying to use FG to simplify my life as a GM, not the opposite!

dikdastard
March 12th, 2017, 12:52
Just a specific example- "deputy" from grim prairie trails. Initially showing in the list with open book icon ?read only - opening the record immediately changes to pen and paper icon ?read/write enabled. I find I can delete weapons, so in that sense the record is clearly editable, but I cannot add weapons back in via drag and drop. It may in fact be a bug, not actually read/write status as I originally thought as I now realise I am creating multiple blank personalities each time I try to add a new item- first version seems to have the item I just tried to add, followed by 15 copies that are blank.
If I make a completely new copy of the NPC and edit this with drag and drop in the same way though, none of this happens which is why I originally thought it was to do with read/write status!:confused:

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2017, 00:58
The data for Grim Prairie Trails is in the right format to be editable, so I'm not sure why it's not letting you edit. However, I do not work very much on the SW ruleset framework.

This may have to be addressed in the ruleset to some degree. I'll raise it to the attention of the SW ruleset developer to check out.

Thanks,
JPG