PDA

View Full Version : looking for players for a 5e LMOP campaign

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 06:00
Time Zone: Mountain Time, USA
Day of week and time: Saturday or Friday starting at 7/7:30 mountain time up to possibly 11/11:30 mountain time
Planned Duration & Frequency: once a week sessions and will likely continue into SK

will be using discord for voice but text is allowed though voice is preferred
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 players already in 2 more wanted maximum
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1
Character restrictions: homebrew races are allowed but only if the DM approves it as fair and fits the setting (classes must be official content) (you must provide link)

here is a site you can find homebrew races on

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Races

Wookiee420
January 18th, 2017, 06:10
***Minimum 3 so at least 2 more

Fencer
January 18th, 2017, 08:46
i would like to participate as a player in a game. been DM for awhile now and havent been able to play as a player yet..thanks

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 13:31
thats fine fencer wookiee is the DM but he is a bit busy with his other campaigns and life so asked me to gather up a possee of players :D

if you wish to play just PM me your availability and the race/class combo you want to be (unless your not taking a homebrew race then just class)

Wookiee420
January 18th, 2017, 16:44
im not THAT busy with life :p
and i would love to give DMs a chance to play

Fencer
January 18th, 2017, 17:16
awesome hehe..i sent Santhinal a PM earlier with what i wanted to create. hehe

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 17:18
yep i just sent it off to him after i sent you a PM :D

Fencer
January 18th, 2017, 17:32
oh..when will characters be created. on the 1st session or should they be created b4 hand and redy to dive right in it ?

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 17:36
that one is on wookie but i would say that stats would be done in the first session but backstory and class and skills and stuff should be done beforehand

Wookiee420
January 18th, 2017, 17:39
TBH all i care about is that you roll stats in front of me, everything else you can do ahead of time, but as you know you will need to drag and drop it and still fill out your background and stuff

BrogorktheFork
January 18th, 2017, 18:27
I would really be interested in joining for this as a player. I have an ultimate lavende licence. I've been thinking of doing a fighter recently, but I'm open.

Wookiee420
January 18th, 2017, 18:33
Well you should join us

BrogorktheFork
January 18th, 2017, 18:41
I will indeed. Just need a date and time. Friday works for me anytime after 6 central, and I should be free Saturdays. In the meantime I'll work on having out my character.

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 19:09
alright then we will do the character creation this friday (the 20th) also a fighter is fine which means together we have a halfling trickster rouge, a kitsune sorcerer and a fighter of whatever race you choose, and remember you CAN choose a homebrew race as long as DM approves and it is a balanced race {mine is already BARELY balanced as it is}

MTShorts
January 18th, 2017, 19:15
Ooh, this looks fun. I was playing (and loving) a Warforged in my last campaigned (which unfortunately fell apart under the weight of trying to herd adults).. I see the race listed in your link, but the rules for it are totally different than what I'm used to (was using the unearthed arcana version).

In any case, if you're not full, I'd be interested and am adaptable on class to fit in with party needs.

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 19:44
welp we only have 3 people so far MTShorts, which is the minimum we wanted and we can have up to 5-6 people, currently we have a fighter, a rouge and a sorcerer so we are open, and while we would prefer if you rolled up a healer like a cleric, druid, bard, paladin or some such its not a big deal if you choose not to do so :D

just PM me on what you want as a race/class combo and i will look into your race (if it is a homebrew) and then send it on to the DM if it is not more op than the human variant or drow races :D (my kitsune race is about on par with them at lower levels its lvl 15 on that it might be a problem)

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 21:04
Still have room ? my wife actually bought me the starter set as a birthday present , i played 3.5 when i was younger, was hoping to start playing 5th , i can use one of the core characters with the provided background if needed thanks in advance

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 21:18
whelp patrick we have exactly 1 opening left, and we only technically lack a healer unless MTshorts decides to heal, so while you can go anything you wish even a character that can be a backup healer like a paladin or ranger would be nice :D

just private message me the race and class you want to take and i will forward it to the DM if the race is ok (if your using homebrew anyway if instead you use a core race then ill just forward the info to the DM)

MTShorts
January 18th, 2017, 21:21
Patrick, if you're good with healing, let me know. I'll probably be tossing ideas around tonight, and knowing if the party has all the basics covered would help.

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 21:24
sent a pm my availability is after 4pm cst during the week till about 9pm cst do you have any idea of when it will be kicking off, also i only have the free edition at this time i want to see how it pans out before i purchase

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 21:33
fair enough patrick, are you available on saturdays at around 5pm cst? to about say 9pm cst?

also pre-session/ character creation is this friday :D

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 22:16
Same time for character creation

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 22:17
Yes I am avalible

Wookiee420
January 18th, 2017, 22:20
if you guys are quick with creation we can start Friday too, i just need to start 7-730pm Mountain time, and can go all night. I have ultimate so you can have free that is ok. please have discord for chatting...ummmmmmmmmmm i swear idk if you care....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 22:22
Is discord like team speak ?

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 22:25
I'll try to work on character creation tonight which do u want /need pali,cleric,or ranger I kinda want a gnome lol

Wookiee420
January 18th, 2017, 22:29
only thing i ask is that you roll in front of me, and yes discord is like teamspeak, i like it the best because it seems to be the least resource intensive that ive found

EVERYONE, keep in mind with character creation, put whatever you want in your background, or dont want, but do everyone a favor and remember you are level 1 your greatest life event hasnt occured yet, it would make no sense for some well known person to all of a sudden start at the bottom again. This advice is good for all games, not just me. Also it makes it tough on your GM if you have a detailed background that they have to weave into the story of the game. Personally when i play I, for the most part, make it up as we go.

PatrickDenton
January 18th, 2017, 22:33
Bbl

santhinal
January 18th, 2017, 22:39
i already have a very good plan for my background should be great :D as for the session if we are starting at that time thats 9pm for me and i can't play past 1am easily so i might have to jet a bit early for you guys.

anyway patrick you can make any kind of character you want, i just stated it would be helpful to have even a backup healer :D but we all want you to be attached to the character thats the most important thing :D

novluis
January 19th, 2017, 01:27
Any more openings? I've got a dragon born wizard I'm eager to try out I live in Colorado so the time is perfect for me

santhinal
January 19th, 2017, 02:14
at the moment no there are not sadly novluis, however two of the players have yet to even say what race/class combo they will be using and along with them another one has yet to respond to let us know they will be at the first session this friday the 20th at 7pm your time.

so if you want to join the campaign as a backup and come on friday i dont see any problem in giving you priority in taking over a spot on the party if one of the current prospects is a no show. also we have a sorcerer for sure (thats me) so we may want to co-ordinate our spells to cover all our bases (i think i can teach you how to use my spells so you can write them down in your spellbook which will make you more versatile in the long run.)

novluis
January 19th, 2017, 02:50
Sounds good I will be there should I still apply to the calendar and is the information for the voice server anywhere

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 02:52
@everyone this is my discord https://discord.gg/uQS7zed

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 02:53
Sounds good I will be there should I still apply to the calendar and is the information for the voice server anywhere

If this gane doesnt work for you do you know the savage world system?

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 02:54
Also i really dislike dragonborn, if you have a good argument for it then cool but i dont really like em

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 03:18
discord link updated

tsemana
January 19th, 2017, 06:59
Is the session day set as Friday? Followed through the pages and this sounds interesting but I would only be able to do Saturday if there was an open/alternate spot

santhinal
January 19th, 2017, 07:17
welp the first session is this friday for sure but after that it may change so if you can find time to join this friday and there is an opening then we can see what the group as a whole prefers.

Fencer
January 19th, 2017, 14:47
i need help understanding Discord if any9one has the time today..new to it and ill be on it looking around today so help if able thanks

novluis
January 19th, 2017, 17:55
Wookiee I sent you a pm with the info you ask for the dragon born I would like to play, tell me what you think please.

novluis
January 19th, 2017, 17:57
Also sorry for not immediately replying earlier work has been crazy this game is perfect given your time frame. Sorry for the double post couldn't figure out how to delete

BrogorktheFork
January 20th, 2017, 15:24
Woot! Today is the day boys. I wanted to ask. The initial post said it might continue in to SK. What is SK? Just curious.

Fencer
January 20th, 2017, 16:01
not sure what SK is either....

Wookiee420
January 20th, 2017, 16:02
Storm Kings Thunder

santhinal
January 20th, 2017, 17:45
hey guys..... my com is still in the repair store and they have yet to give me any info on it yet...... so it looks like there is a 60% chance of me not making it..... but if they either A) tell me it cant be fixed or B) tell me that they can have it done today then i will be able to make it for sure, if they need a couple days for a repair my ability to make it to the session will be up to my mom letting me use her computer which will be fairly unlikely :(

(if it can't be fixed im buying a new one)

Fencer
January 20th, 2017, 17:53
darn..cant you just type and be able to hear whats being said ?

santhinal
January 20th, 2017, 17:56
naa dude i can't even turn my compute on :( thats how badly i was hacked :(

Fencer
January 20th, 2017, 17:57
oh wow..im so sorry to hear that

santhinal
January 20th, 2017, 18:01
but ya im hoping i knocked some wires loose when i hit it a bit during the sound problem in which case i am praying its a quick fix :D

in any case i will know by about 3pm today my time and i will try and let you know around then. if you don't hear from me or you do and i say its getting fixed then if im not on at the 7pm mountain time on discord and everything get one of the backups to start rolling up everything. if im not there by 8pm mountain time that means i can't make it so its ok to start without me

(but ya on a uni computer atm waiting for the computer guys to get back to their store after lunch break)

Wookiee420
January 20th, 2017, 19:51
hopefully you figure it out, let us know whats up

santhinal
January 20th, 2017, 19:54
welp so far im still waiting and being given assurances that they are looking into it and that they think the problem is with the motherboard of my computer rather than anything else.

santhinal
January 20th, 2017, 23:01
GUYS IM GONNA BE ABLE TO MAKE IT YAY they said they can have it repaired at around 7pm my time :D which gives me 2 hours to get home and relax (mind you this depends on nothing else going wrong) but ya 99% chance i will be there :D

looks like my good karma from saving that guys life allowed me to save my motherboard as the electrical surge only fried the wires and stopped just a bit short of it if i hadn't saved him 90% chance i would be fkd right now

Wookiee420
January 20th, 2017, 23:15
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

novluis
January 20th, 2017, 23:32
See you guys in a few hours