PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate License Holder - LFP's - Deadlands Reloaded - Sundays 1-5 PST

Will Tomorrow
January 17th, 2017, 14:43
Hey,

I'm an experienced DM that's been running D&D sessions since 3.5, and 5E using Fantasy Grounds since the Curse of Strahd dropped. I just picked up the Deadlands Reloaded bundle, and am looking to try the new system with some new players. I was initially hoping to just sit in on someone else's sessions, to get a feel for it first, but my last post never got any traction. So I'm here with the ultimate license and all the content, looking for some people interested

I'm looking to run the Blood Drive campaign, with a possibility of it extending into all the content, if we get a solid enough group of people. I've got a buddy already chomping at the bit to get going, as well. We're both married and in our 30's, so it'd ideally be three other reasonable adult human beings. As a general rule, we RP to have a good time, and believe that if you're not laughing, you're probably not playing the game correctly. That being said, we've zero interest in rules lawyers, min maxers, party sabotagers, edgelords, or people that take themselves/their characters too seriously. We're occasionally inappropriate, and as such, sometimes we're not terribly suited for delicate sensibilities. Additionally we're both left of center, politically and may be using RP for a touch of much needed escapism. Ideal group members would share these attributes, as we occasionally find them on display in the small talk (which transpires over the free Discord VoIP program).

Ulitmately what we are looking for, is people of any experience level, who don't mind a GM picking up the system for the first time and want to engage in some weird west shenanigans while having a laugh.

Ideally we'd shoot for a meet and greet and character creation this Sunday. Maybe do a one sheet (time allowing) and start in earnest the following Sunday, the 29th. Open to weekly, or bi-weekly, after that. Though weekly would be my preference, to best familiarize myself with the new mechanics and UI. I won't be GM'ing completely fresh, I've been reading over the rules and have a fairly decent grasp of the mechanics, but you should be prepared for it to be a little rough around the edges for the first few sessions, as I learn the nuances of the rules, and everyone's personality/sense of humor.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to it!

Will

Durkastan
January 17th, 2017, 15:26
PM sent

Will Tomorrow
January 17th, 2017, 19:53
I've got three players locked down at this point, looking for just one more, and this campaign is a go!

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 04:52
i would love to join you, i am at the same point with knowledge of the Savage systems, just finished the books but I would love to learn with you :) Ive played a ton of 3.5 and now some 5e and GM a lot..But totally looking forward to a more modern system