PDA

View Full Version : Brand New - Looking for 5E group - have ultimate edition

wwgross66
January 17th, 2017, 13:49
Just got the ultimate fantasy grounds and am looking to play. I want to play for a while and get used to the system then one day GM my own campaign. I can play on Mondays and Tuesdays at any time but since I work afternoon/evenings at Central Standard Time in the U.S. it's hard to play on almost any other day. So if there are any groups out there that play on Mondays or Tuesdays and need a player, I am available. I have over 30 years experience playing D&D and am looking for a 5E group. I am willing to create a character of any class or even jump into a premade one for convenience if needed.

Hopefully I can find some people to play with and not waste all that money. It would be a bonus to find other #critters to chat with as well.

Thanks

Bill

chaucer
January 17th, 2017, 16:54
I'm also looking for a group that is D&D 5E and running an AL campaign. i'm also a critter. :) Mondays would work for me. I'm CST so the earliest I could get home would be 5:30 PM CST. I could also play on Sat or Sun. I also DM my Tues (SKT) and Wed (EE) group but I'm so new to the FG software, I would need a very patient group to be understanding while I learn the software.

damned
January 17th, 2017, 22:56
wwgross66 you should also convert your morning availability on other days into EURO and APAC timezones in case games running there will fit your morning availability.

chaucer you guys might also try and recruit 2 or 3 more for a monday group and rotate GMs if you cant find an opening.

dulux-oz
January 18th, 2017, 00:34
Hi wwgross66, and hi chaucer, and Welcome! to the Community,

While you're both trying to find a game, if you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers