PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions...

JHale1966
January 17th, 2017, 12:54
Using the Pathfinder Ruleset...

1) I've checked the forums on how to change the table image but not finding the files mentioned - maybe they're ruleset specific? What I would like to do is have a central table (campaign) that I bring my modules in when I want to play a particular adventure and only have the image changed for that one table.

2) Is there a way to duplicate an NPC from, say, the Bestiary 2 module so that I can make slight changes to them for a particular adventure? I notice that the entry is locked so I can't edit it. Or is the only way I can do this is to place the Bestiary 2 NPC next to an empty NPC form and handcopy everything over and then make my changes?

Thanks!

Jim

damned
January 17th, 2017, 13:06
Hey JHale1966.

What do you mean by table image?
These are very simple extensions https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads and are pretty dated now but if you just want to change the desktop background then look at those.
Drag the NPC from the beastiary into NPCs or into a blank spot, unlock it and edit it to your hearts content.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2017, 16:14
1) Change the decal - the "decal" is the image in the middle of the desktop. Click the campaign "Options" button in the top right, the "Desktop: Decal Image" option sets the image for the campaign you're in.

There is a "Custom Decal Tutorial" in the page damned links above that shows you how to make an extension to add images to this option list.

JHale1966
January 18th, 2017, 03:48
Drag the NPC from the beastiary into NPCs or into a blank spot, unlock it and edit it to your hearts content.

How can I do this? When I open the Bestiary, the monster is already listed under NPC's (along with all the other monsters from the book). :/

Thanks! :)

Jim

damned
January 18th, 2017, 04:09
Drag it to anther spot in the NPCs window - you will see an instance of it without a book next to it.
You can unlock and edit that version.
You can also go to top of frame and in the drop down window use the edit button to create a new Grouping and you can drag your edited munsters in there.

JHale1966
January 18th, 2017, 15:38
Thank you! I finally got the duplicating to work.

I'll work on the image stuff this weekend. :)

Jim