PDA

View Full Version : Problem Adding Actions/Powers with New Version

casteffens
January 17th, 2017, 03:54
I am trying to add the D&D 5E Barbarian Rage condition: "Rage;ADVCHK:strength;ADVSAV:strength;DMG:2, melee;RESIST:bludgeoning,slashing,piercing;[SELF]". However, I no longer get that magnifying glass I used to click to edit powers. What is the new way of getting this done?

LordEntrails
January 17th, 2017, 04:15
My players used rage last night and other effects with no complaints or problems. Have you checked that all of your extensions are supported? This sounds like an extension conflict.

Check out this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Myrdin Potter
January 17th, 2017, 04:46
How long ago was "used to"? You can add a power via the little pen icon in the bottom right of the actions tab or right clicking and adding an item and then right clicking and adding the effect (action then effect). Once an item is there, then there is the little magnifying glass.

casteffens
January 17th, 2017, 04:59
How long ago was "used to"? You can add a power via the little pen icon in the bottom right of the actions tab or right clicking and adding an item and then right clicking and adding the effect (action then effect). Once an item is there, then there is the little magnifying glass.

That is the problem, not getting the magnifying glass icon. About to check if it is an extensions issue.

Thanks.

Myrdin Potter
January 17th, 2017, 05:13
You need to add an action (arrow in the radial menu) to get a magnifying glass. I assume you added the power and then an action to the power and no magnifying glass?

casteffens
January 17th, 2017, 06:07
You need to add an action (arrow in the radial menu) to get a magnifying glass. I assume you added the power and then an action to the power and no magnifying glass?

OMG, totally forgot about that. No wonder. Color me stupid, lol.

I already removed all of my extensions but am thinking the problem was this. TY Myrdin Potter!!

Myrdin Potter
January 17th, 2017, 13:37
I wouldn't have suggested that because I did the same thing.....nope, not me ...

:-D

stevesomerton
January 3rd, 2018, 21:36
Hello

I am attempting to make a power that the targeted NPC's must make a Intelligence check against the player's Charisma modifier or suffer a -2 penalty to attack and damage for three rounds.

I have the following code:

ATK: -2; DMG: -2;

Could someone tell me the prefix code that will unable an Intelligence check to be made first and that on failure the effects will be applied.

Many thanks.

Zacchaeus
January 3rd, 2018, 21:51
Hi stevesomerton, welcome to FG.

There is no coding which will automate opposed rolls such as this. You have to just do them in the same way you would do so on the table top, and then apply the result manually.

Moon Wizard
January 3rd, 2018, 21:51
Their is no effect that forces a save; because saves are almost always triggered by an action.

You could set up that an ability/power on the PC Actions tab that has an action which can trigger an Intelligence "save" based on the PC's charisma, and then a separate action to apply the effect if they fail. See attached screenshot.

Regards,
JPG

stevesomerton
January 3rd, 2018, 21:58
Hello guys

Thank you for your replies.

I appreciate the effort.

I will set it up as two actions, firstly the save action and secondly the effect modifier.

May I ask if there is a way in which I can apply a constant resist cold effect to a player's piece of equipment?

Thanks

damned
January 3rd, 2018, 22:04
Hello guys

Thank you for your replies.

I appreciate the effort.

I will set it up as two actions, firstly the save action and secondly the effect modifier.

May I ask if there is a way in which I can apply a constant resist cold effect to a player's piece of equipment?

Thanks

celestian has written an extension that adds effects to equipment. check it out.

Zacchaeus
January 3rd, 2018, 22:07
As damned is alluding to, this can't be done in FG. However this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)) will allow such things to be accomplished. You may also benefit from having a look at this series of videos (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E).

stevesomerton
January 3rd, 2018, 22:10
Again, thank you for your efforts.

I will watch the videos carefully.

Thank you.