PDA

View Full Version : How to build a successful long-term gaming group

Answulf
January 16th, 2017, 10:46
This topic comes up constantly, so I thought I would use the Blog section to organize my thoughts on what has worked well for me over the years. It should be very useful for those new players who are really committed to gaming online:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?241-How-to-Build-a-Successful-Long-term-Gaming-Group

I think this would also be a great topic to discuss for the benefit of new players, since there's always more than one way to skin a kobold.

For those of you who have been doing this a while, what are some of the most important tips that you think would help that are maybe different than mine?

JohnD
January 16th, 2017, 20:18
I'm on my phone at the moment but I have something for this topic once I get to a real keyboard.

Talyn
January 16th, 2017, 20:29
Nothing will kill a campaign faster than … changing schedule.

As if I hadn't already pretty much given up ever finding a group, thanks for rubbing it in! :p

taoistpunk
January 16th, 2017, 20:48
It's a long, hard road to the steady, stable game. Put on your big pants boys...

they come and go like ghosts....

Good blog post, lots of meat, way to stay positive!!!

Zhern
January 16th, 2017, 20:51
I want to know more about different ways to skin kobolds. I need some new boots.

Ken L
January 16th, 2017, 20:54
One shot recruitment I second. The best way however is an interview process as you get to know the player better. Just be aware some players will tell you what you want to hear to get their foot in, so the BS radar has to be high.

LordEntrails
January 16th, 2017, 20:54
I want to know more about different ways to skin kobolds. I need some new boots.
It's not about how you skin them, it's about how you tan them!