PDA

View Full Version : New Player Looking for some Deadlands One Sheet Sessions Before GM'ing for my Friends

Will Tomorrow
January 16th, 2017, 03:05
Hey folks,

I'm Will. I've got an ultimate license and have been plowing through the Curse of Strahd 5E with a group of friends/players as DM. First with paper and dice, and then with Fantasy Grounds, when I briefly lost my mind and dropped $500 on it and all the D&D content. We've been taking it really slow, savoring the experience, and have been at it since it first dropped. We're about to wrap up in the next month or so, and my players are chomping at the bit for a fresh universe to debauch. I saw the Savage Worlds Deadlands Reloaded bundle was on sale on Steam and impulsively pulled the trigger yet again.

I've never played a Savage World system before, but find myself very intrigued by how streamlined the rules read. I've been devouring both them and the lore since I picked up the bundle, yesterday. I'm a big fan of alternative history and "weird west" both, so it's been right up my alley so far. The only real problem I'm having (aside from the not insubstantial differences in the UI suites), is that I'm predominately a kinesthetic learner, and take to tasks much more quickly if I can perform them, as opposed to read about them.

To that end, I'm hoping to find a casual group of relatively functional adults that are running a Deadlands session I could sit in on, even if only as a witness. I'd like to get a feel for the flow of the game, any quirks that I notice in the cat herding, and experience a bit of the universe as explained by another person, all prior to taking a whack at it myself. I don't want to sour my players to the idea of learning a new system alongside their DM, so I'm hoping to nip that in the bud by getting some practical experience between now and then. I'm on East Coast time, but work out of a studio in my home, so I don't have any real restrictions on days or times.

I've got Discord and Google Hangouts good to go on the VoIP front, and am totally able to pick up any other VoIP software your group may use.

Not sure how tall of an order all this is, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I hope this finds you well, and am looking forward to it. Thanks for reading!