PDA

View Full Version : Visions

Dragontail
January 15th, 2017, 21:27
In my current campaign the PC's are having visions of something that has happend and something that is about to happen. However in the interest of roleplaying im only giving so many clues to each player (no 2 the same) I have already typed them out and know how to click it to have it show up in chat window, is there a way to send it to a particular PC instead? (or am I just going to have to use /w and cut and past it?

GarthGiantbane
January 15th, 2017, 22:15
If you have created story entries then you should be able to drop the story link on the character that needs to see it. It shares directly to that character. I saw another slick thing in a YouTube session, the DM was typed a message in the chat bar, grabbed that and dropped on the character portrait to do a whisper to the character.

I hope these help.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2017, 22:16
Yep, drag/drop to the character portrait on the desktop will share that data with the owning player of the PC.

Zacchaeus
January 15th, 2017, 22:24
Another thing you can do is paste the text into chat but first set a language that only that PC knows, Only that PC will then have the translated text; the others will get gibberish.

LordEntrails
January 16th, 2017, 01:41
Or use the chat whisper command (though this is my least preferred)
/w <pc> message
such as
/w Bilbo The ring is pulling upon your soul...

Nickademus
January 16th, 2017, 02:54
You can also now whisper by right-clicking the PC's portrait and choosing the whisper option (to avoid misspelling the name and putting the text in open chat).

JohnD
January 16th, 2017, 20:28
You used to be able to drag and drop your message on a portrait to send the whisper... that was removed for some reason. You could also drag and drop in the tower to send to the DM... also removed for some reason.

Zacchaeus
January 16th, 2017, 22:53
You can still do the first one, I wasn't aware of the second.