PDA

View Full Version : removing header from maps

Vishera
January 14th, 2017, 22:02
Is there a way to remove the obnoxiously GIANT header from the top of the maps windows? It is quite a pain when it comes to screen real estate, and having the ability to collapse/hide the header would make life SO much easier.

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2017, 23:03
Not that I'm aware of. The header is there becasue it is very useful for renaming maps so that the DM can hide things from the players.

Vishera
January 15th, 2017, 01:11
Not that I'm aware of. The header is there becasue it is very useful for renaming maps so that the DM can hide things from the players.

well that sucks haha, oh well, just have to make due I suppose :(

Moon Wizard
January 15th, 2017, 02:36
In the next version, if you lock the map, then the toolbar is hidden to save space.

JPG

dulux-oz
January 15th, 2017, 03:58
Just on that Moon, if an image in a module is marked as "statric" and it is opened up it will be locked, but the header is still visible. Solution?

Vishera
January 17th, 2017, 10:43
in the next version, if you lock the map, then the toolbar is hidden to save space.

Jpg

yesssss!

ColinBuckler
January 17th, 2017, 13:54
This would be great!!!!! One additional thing I would like to see is a way to pan the map within the window by clicking on the map and moving the mouse (maybe hold another key down at the same time of dragging?) rather than use the direction navigation icon in the corner. Normally the window is dragged - maybe the locked map could turn click/move into a pan map?

TMO
January 17th, 2017, 14:07
This would be great!!!!! One additional thing I would like to see is a way to pan the map within the window by clicking on the map and moving the mouse (maybe hold another key down at the same time of dragging?) rather than use the direction navigation icon in the corner. Normally the window is dragged - maybe the locked map could turn click/move into a pan map?

+1 for me on this.

damned
January 17th, 2017, 14:07

click and hold the mouse wheel or third mouse button to pan the map without the compass rose.

TMO
January 17th, 2017, 14:13
click and hold the mouse wheel or third mouse button to pan the map without the compass rose.

I must be missing something obvious. My mouse wheel only performs zoom functions, regardless of whether I am clicking on the map or not. I also do not have a third mouse button so I can't test or use that option. Do you have a guess as to what I am doing wrong?

LindseyFan
January 17th, 2017, 14:20
Just clarifying what the above are saying, but you can often press down and hold your mousewheel. It is a third button.

TMO
January 17th, 2017, 14:25
Just clarifying what the above are saying, but you can often press down and hold your mousewheel. It is a third button.

Ah, yes, I now understand what damned was saying. Thanks! Yes indeed, this does work. Of course, I happen to have one of those mice where the third wheel tilts to do something specific so this because a bit of a nuisance...but it definitely works! :) I would still enjoy and combo keyboard+left-click+drag solution since that would help those without mousewheels or third buttons. On occasion I play while traveling and I am limited to just my right/left buttons on the keyboard or a limited function travel mouse.

ColinBuckler
January 17th, 2017, 17:24
Also harder to do on a laptop....

LindseyFan
January 17th, 2017, 17:26
Some laptops allow for a "middle-button" by holding down both laptop button points at the same time.

Nickademus
January 17th, 2017, 18:10
I would also greatly like to be able to lock the window position of the image window, and have a toggle I can click that swaps the left-click and drag from moving the whole window to panning the image. That would be wonderful.

ll00ll00ll00ll
January 19th, 2017, 04:19
I would also greatly like to be able to lock the window position of the image window, and have a toggle I can click that swaps the left-click and drag from moving the whole window to panning the image. That would be wonderful.

+1
+1
+1
for this ^^^^

spite
January 19th, 2017, 06:21
Absolutely great idea.

Trenloe
January 19th, 2017, 15:14
Someone needs to add the great idea to the wishlist!

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Nickademus
January 19th, 2017, 18:11
Someone needs to add the great idea to the wishlist!

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Blah.
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=108523

Tell a friend.

ColinBuckler
January 19th, 2017, 18:18
Voted... definitely one that needs up voting.