PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Integrat Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds for Online D&D 5E?

Aircop
January 14th, 2017, 17:46
Is there a video that shows how Can I Integrat Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds for Online D&D 5E?

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2017, 19:30
You'll want to check out Dulux's Sound extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-Extensions&p=242586&viewfull=1#post242586).

damned
January 14th, 2017, 23:18
If you just want ambience follow Dulux_Oz's Guide up until it starts talking about his extension and just play the music in the new tab directed to the Virtual Audio Cable.

Aircop
January 14th, 2017, 23:56
What about syrinscape?

damned
January 14th, 2017, 23:59
If you just want ambience follow Dulux_Oz's Guide up until it starts talking about his extension and just play the music in the new tab directed to the Virtual Audio Cable.

What about syrinscape?

Did you look at Dulux_Ozs guide?

Aircop
January 15th, 2017, 03:38
to be honest I cannot figure it out, thank you for your time

damned
January 15th, 2017, 03:46
Its verbose but the info is all in there. It walks you thru installing a Virtual Audio Cable, thru Directing your Sound Application to output to the VAC, Setting up a second TeamSpeak identity and setting it to use the VAC, and how to launch the second instance without hanging up your main one. You have to do all those steps. Dont try and rush it. It all makes sense about half way thru the process. Just take it slow and follow the guide. There is no point in me explaining it all when I used Dulux_Oz's instructions - although I dont use SyrinScape i use other sound source - its all the same setup.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2017, 05:25
You have two options:

If all of the players have Syrinscape then you can use the DOE Sound Extension and when the GM clicks the link in FG it will pass the info to all connected players and their local copy of Syrinscape will play the relevant sound.
If the players don't have Syrinscape, then you will need some form of voice system that all the players connect to, and then the GM only players the Syrinscape sounds down the voice channel. This is mostly what the instructions mentioned above are referring to - setting up the GM's instance of voice comms to play Syrinscape to all connected.

damned
January 15th, 2017, 06:11
You have two options:

If all of the players have Syrinscape then you can use the DOE Sound Extension and when the GM clicks the link in FG it will pass the info to all connected players and their local copy of Syrinscape will play the relevant sound.
If the players don't have Syrinscape, then you will need some form of voice system that all the players connect to, and then the GM only players the Syrinscape sounds down the voice channel. This is mostly what the instructions mentioned above are referring to - setting up the GM's instance of voice comms to play Syrinscape to all connected.

Yeah - I did the second - I made a small donation at TableTopAudio and downloaded some of their tracks and just played them as background music. I used Dulux_Ozs setup instructions to get me that far.

Aircop
January 15th, 2017, 18:34
well I already have the setup for TeamSpeak and it works fine, but I was hoping I could just use syrinscape through FG, but oh well, thanks for all the help

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 18:49
well I already have the setup for TeamSpeak and it works fine, but I was hoping I could just use syrinscape through FG, but oh well, thanks for all the help

Sounds like you should pursue option #1, mentioned by Trenloe.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2017, 22:20
Fantasy Grounds does not send sounds to other players, you need to use something else to do that. Hence the two options I mentioned.

The only integration to Syrinscape is through the DOE Sound extension - which is used to trigger Syrinscape to play the relevant sound. If the players don't have Syrinscape you will need to pipe the sound to the players through some communications software. If you're using TeamSpeak then follow the instructions in the DOE Sound extension to allow your local Syrinscape to play sound through TeamSpeak to the players.

Ramtrap
August 6th, 2017, 00:10
Has anyone had any success doing this with Skype? I think I've got most of it worked out, and in fact, when I send sound through Syrinscape, I can hear it, but it fades in and out. I would liken it to sounding like if you held your hand over a microphone and moved it off, back on, back off, back on, etc. Like ripples in a pond, if that makes any sense. I don't know if that's because I'm connecting just locally to myself or not. Would really like to get it working great in Skype if possible before moving on to Dischord or TeamSpeak, as great as those services may be. For those that use sound, should I just bite the bullet and switch, or are there any Skype believers?

For reference, I've done everything as suggested in Rob2e's tutorial, adjusted for Skype (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3TRoS3gpM) and I've also tried the suggestions made by Jhines0042 from the Syrinscape forum (https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrinscape-protip-07-using-syrinscape-with-skype-for-online-play/426).

My setup is like this, if this'll help, too:
I have a physical mixer. I have a Rode mic plugged into that going into a sound gate. I have a headphones amp that is feeding me my main sound. Sound is going from my mixer into the pink and green ports of the computer (microphone and speaker). Doing this for podcasting and it's never been an issue, so that setup is good.

For the virtual setup, I have the Voicemeeter Banana app, VB Audio with Cable A and Cable B, and a Syrinscape subscription.

1: My computer audio and microphone have Voicemeeter (not the AUX set as default. 2005620057

2: My MAIN Skype has Input (Microphone) set as Microphone and Output (Speakers) set as Cable-A. 20058

3: My SECONDARY Skype (which Syrinscape goes through) has Input (Microphone) set as Cable B, volume 100% and Output (Speakers) set as Cable A, volume 0%. 20059

4: Voicemeeter Banana has, in order from left to right:

1st box: Microphone, input is "WDM: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)"--B1 only selected so I don't hear myself through A1

2nd box: Skype, set as "WDM: CABLE-A Output (VB-Audio Cable A)"--A1 and B1 both selected

3rd box: Syrinscape, set as "WDM: CABLE -B Output (VB-Audio Cable B)"--None selected on the bottom, as it's traveling through B to A (same results if they're A, B, or both are selected anyway)

Lastly for Hardware Out A1, I have "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" selected.
I'm attaching images for all this, if that'll help.

Again, if possible, all I'm looking for is "Oh, all you need to do is x, y or z" or "Dude, just switch to Dischord/TeamSpeak"
What's the best solution?
Thank you for your time!
Will