PDA

View Full Version : KoboldCon is looking for GMs!

KCRift
January 14th, 2017, 06:17
KoboldCon is both a traditional and virtual convention in Colorado Springs, 18-19 March.

We are actively looking for virtual/online GMs to run your content during the convention!

We've teamed up with The Game Academy - a non-profit who helps children learn behavioral and social skills through RPGs (cool, right??) - to provide several games for kids as well!

A portion of all proceeds for the event will go to fund The Game Academy and their awesome cause!

Virtual/Online GMs who volunteer for at least ONE 4-hour session will receive our "Badge Bundle" - which includes 37 (and counting) RPG pdf - for free. Our way of saying THANK YOU for helping out.

We already have close to 30 game masters, but we could definitely make use of more!!

If you're interested, please leave a note here and/or check out KoboldCon on Facebook or just koboldcon [dot] com!

Time zone: Mountain Time
(GMT -6 after DST starts here)
Saturday: 8am to 11pm*
Sunday: 8am to 4pm*

* online games are running outside this time frame in many instances.

Note: If you ARE in the Denver/C-Springs area and would like to GM in person, we would be happy to have you!

Thanks guys and gals!

spite
January 14th, 2017, 08:01
Is this online, or an in person event?

Hermundure
January 14th, 2017, 12:43
Time and timezone would also be a useful info ;-)

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2017, 14:20
It's all on the website; it's a mixture of live and VTT via Twtich. It's in Colorado Springs - so whatever timezone that's in.

KCRift
January 14th, 2017, 15:31
Cheers! Thanks for the assist on missing information. Times and time zones does seem rather important!

I've updated the info.

Looking for GMs to run games through FG

Talyn
January 14th, 2017, 20:16
Colorado is the Mountain time zone in the US. DST starts on March 12, therefore this con will be Mountain Daylight Time, UTC -6.

spite
January 14th, 2017, 20:21
I am keen to get involved in this, I can sign up for running something on the 18th (my 19th)

KCRift
January 14th, 2017, 22:08
I am keen to get involved in this, I can sign up for running something on the 18th (my 19th)

Spite - thank you very much, mate! Excited to include you! If you wouldn't mind putting a message on our KoboldCon Facebook page or email me at events [at] koboldcon [dot] com, I'll get you added to the GM group!

You're awesome! Thank you!

(Sorry about the lack of links. Message board won't let me put them in)

spite
January 16th, 2017, 04:53
Done

LordEntrails
January 16th, 2017, 21:23
I sent you an email to volunteer as well.

How many of those 30 GM's are virtual at this point? Also, I assume you have info on what it would take to setup Twitch?

santhinal
January 16th, 2017, 21:43
do you only want GM's with experience or will you take beginners? im working on creating a one shot session (meant to transition into a campaign) of my own and have it half done its just a chore to type everything in without being able to copy/ paste from the word document i made up about a possible story line.

KCRift
January 17th, 2017, 15:18
do you only want GM's with experience or will you take beginners? im working on creating a one shot session (meant to transition into a campaign) of my own and have it half done its just a chore to type everything in without being able to copy/ paste from the word document i made up about a possible story line.

Santhinal - not at all. I think it'd be great for a beginner GM to give a one-shot a go during the convention. Shoot me an email or msg me on the Facebook page and we can chat!

KCRift
January 17th, 2017, 15:19
Re: volunteer GMS - that count is mostly online GMs. In house we have a lot of tournament play and a handful of RPGs.

Tozzax
January 18th, 2017, 00:04
I would be interested in running a sunday morning session.

KCRift
January 18th, 2017, 05:46
I would be interested in running a sunday morning session.

Tozzax! How did you know I needed Sunday morning GMs?? That's great news! Thank you!

I keep track of all the GMs on a facebook group. Would you mind looking me up there under facebook(dot)com / KoboldCon ?

Just shoot me a message there and we'll get you setup and scheduled.

Thanks again!

Wookiee420
January 18th, 2017, 08:05
I live not too far from Colorado Springs, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be involved somehow some way some ya :)

Daemini
January 18th, 2017, 13:59
I can do a one shot, I'd like to do Cloud Gaints Bargain (lvl 6-8). I'll look you up on FB. I have some questions though. Also, I can run it anytime you need Saturday and/or Sunday. As far as Twitch, I usually have bad internet for streaming, but I can always try.

edit: sorry thats anytime after 4pm eastern on saturday, then anytime on sunday.