PDA

View Full Version : Pregens from LMoP

Vishera
January 14th, 2017, 00:01
Is there any way to get just the pre-gen characters from LMoP? I want to use them (with slight modification) in a 1-shot - or would that be against Copyright? I own the starter set, Just looking for a faster way to create some pre-gens.

LordEntrails
January 14th, 2017, 00:11
The pre-gens would be protected by copyrighted. You would need to purchase LMoP on FG to get them.

Check the stickies at the top of the 5E thread, there are links to a bunch of 5E first level characters. Plus there are some threads that have links to pregens that are published on the DMsGuild.

If you have trouble finding them, let us know and we can find the links for you.

damned
January 14th, 2017, 00:39
You should be able to build the pre-gens in 5mins each. Especially if you have the copy in the starter set.

Vishera
January 14th, 2017, 01:46
You should be able to build the pre-gens in 5mins each. Especially if you have the copy in the starter set.

I own the physical copy

JohnD
January 14th, 2017, 02:53
You can download pregens in fg format already ftom the DMsGuild.

JohnD
January 14th, 2017, 03:45
https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?author=Michael%20Potter

Varsuuk
January 14th, 2017, 04:53
But if you are set on using those specific characters from LMoP, there is nothing legally stopping you from taking the stats from them in starter set then entering them into FG for use in your own adventure/campaign as long as the created file is not shared with others. That's a safe interpretation. Anything else, I don't know.

As for doing the effects and abilities etc not done automatically as part of dragging from Core PHB... you can download any of the various example Lvl1 (there are even level 20s but prob all you need will be available here on forums.)

If you just want examples to crib from and these don't have those bails/effects. Consider grabbing Myrddin's pregens and or others avail there. Also noticed you can get like 140 pretreated effects if you want by buying on dmguild a mod from Rob2e. I'm sure there's even more.