PDA

View Full Version : Loading Data Records - again :-/

Hermundure
January 13th, 2017, 22:57
Hi all,

preparing another module I ran into another two Data Loading Error again, this time I cant seem to get rid of it:

1.) I load up "Into the Feyweald". klick on "NPC" on the right side of the screen and choose for example "Unseelie Brownie"
This brings me spell loading errors:

"Failed innate spellcasting lookup on 2 spell(s) for (Unseelie Brownie). Make sure your spell module(s) are open.
Spell lookup failures: plane shift (Self only, to and from Fey Realms only)"

the Conversion notes say: "Full and easy use of this adventure module works best with the D&D Player's Handbook, D&D Basic Rules, or D&D 5E SRD modules. Various referenced content, spell descriptions for instance, is linked to information that can be found in any of these modules. Note that some of the spells require the D&D 5E SRD Data module open."

I had ALL of the above mentioned books open and still got this error...

2.) I load "Lost Mines of Phandelver" to pick the pregens from there, but this gets me the error:
"[ERROR] One or more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded; and re-add the pregen character."

The problem is, the Players Handbook Deluxe, and the Basic Rules, and all SRDs, and Fifth Edition Feats and Book of Lost Spells are open, I have no clue what else this module wants me to open up :-(

So if anyone has some idea for me, I would be glad to hear it.

Herm

Zacchaeus
January 13th, 2017, 23:35
In the first case it can't find the spell because it's looking for the spell including the words in brackets. Since the spells doesn't exist it's producing an error. To fix it remove the bit in brackets, the delete all the spells. Close the NPC and then reopen it and the spells should populate. (This module was written before FG pulled spells in like that, I can't remember exactly but I thought the characters with spells had them pre-populated)

In lost mines the error is to some extent superfluous. When the pregen is loaded it looks up the links for all of the clas, background etc items including the inventory items. Some of the inventory items are only present in the actual LMoP module. It would seem that it doesn't recognise these items but at the same time it is adding them into the inventory. So, you can ignore the error. It is a known issue and it will get fixed eventually :)

Hermundure
January 13th, 2017, 23:54
Thank you Zacch! :-)